Yankees 2024 Season

Clearly, Weaver and Holmes have clearly been overused in these playoffs.

With 2 more days before the next off day, they're probably not available tomorrow (and probably not Hamilton, with the injury, either).

Where are these outs going to come from?

Terrible effing loss. Bullpen gassed.

The ills that affected this team all year were once again apparent today. They only score when they hit homers, they can't field, especially first base tonight, they can't run the bases, and they have trouble closing out games with 2 outs. Just brutal.

I thought Holmes had the runner at 3rd, but he looked, and decided not to. Holmes repeats the same BS after every blown outing. How many times is he going to make the same mistake over and over again.

Pitching staff gave up 7 walks. Unacceptable.

What the hell was Berti doing batting 6th in the lineup, and contributing 2 strikeouts and poor defense at first base. Rizzo, too, was not good at 1st base either.

Even Volpe's baserunning was poor, but got bailed out by Cleveland.

You have to question the pitch selection by Weaver and Wells. BTW, Wells looks like shit at the plate.

And once again this team could not string together hits, and was 1 for 8 with RISP. Batting 1 for 20 at one point in the game.

Schmidt needed to be better and give more length. I might have gone a bit longer with him, and certainly Hill and Hamilton, assuming he wasn't hurt.

I don't like Gil starting tomorrow night, although I'm not sure what the alternative is. I suspect we'll see Stroman out of the bullpen first. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Just a brutal loss. Series is up for grabs.

Last edited:
Back