World Cup Question

mjmaherjr

2023 $upporter 2022 $upporter
Has anyone here ever been to the World Cup ? On the Fifa website the third game for Peru in Sochi says unavailable. I looked online for resellers and found a link to a stub hub type thing but then I read that FIFA is issuing special tix with your name and some sort of hologram on them and that you need a separately issued fifa id to get into the stadium and that if you buy from a reseller you wont get in

Does anyone have any idea about this or any legit companies that do packages ? I guess kind of like what CoSport does with the olympics ( which is a ripoff )

The one tour company that seems legit in Peru that Nathalie found wants like 8k per person for a 6 day 1 game package and no way am I going to get ripped off for that for 1 game and only a few days in Russia

Last edited:
[quote="mjmaherjr" post=284862]Has anyone here ever been to the World Cup ? On the Fifa website the third game for Peru in Sochi says unavailable. I looked online for resellers and found a link to a stub hub type thing but then I read that FIFA is issuing special tix with your name and some sort of hologram on them and that you need a separately issued fifa id to get into the stadium and that if you buy from a reseller you wont get in

Does anyone have any idea about this or any legit companies that do packages ? I guess kind of like what CoSport does with the olympics ( which is a ripoff )

The one tour company that seems legit in Peru that Nathalie found wants like 8k per person for a 6 day 1 game package and no way am I going to get ripped off for that for 1 game and only a few days in Russia[/quote]

I want to but haven't made one yet. I'll ask for you on the soccer board I belong to and let you know.

[quote="OhioFan" post=284876][quote="mjmaherjr" post=284862]Has anyone here ever been to the World Cup ? On the Fifa website the third game for Peru in Sochi says unavailable. I looked online for resellers and found a link to a stub hub type thing but then I read that FIFA is issuing special tix with your name and some sort of hologram on them and that you need a separately issued fifa id to get into the stadium and that if you buy from a reseller you wont get in

The one tour company that seems legit in Peru that Nathalie found wants like 8k per person for a 6 day 1 game package and no way am I going to get ripped off for that for 1 game and only a few days in Russia[/quote]

I want to but haven't made one yet. I'll ask for you on the soccer board I belong to and let you know.[/quote] Thanks I really appreciate that

Nothing yet, but everyone was focused on the final week of the Bundesliga yesterday.

[quote="OhioFan" post=284923]Nothing yet, but everyone was focused on the final week of the Bundesliga yesterday.[/quote] Ok thx !

[quote="OhioFan" post=284923]Nothing yet, but everyone was focused on the final week of the Bundesliga yesterday.[/quote]

Focused on what exactly? The league was determined in what November? ;)

Maybe they are all fans of the dinosaur finally going down.

[quote="mjmaherjr" post=284862]Has anyone here ever been to the World Cup ? On the Fifa website the third game for Peru in Sochi says unavailable. I looked online for resellers and found a link to a stub hub type thing but then I read that FIFA is issuing special tix with your name and some sort of hologram on them and that you need a separately issued fifa id to get into the stadium and that if you buy from a reseller you wont get in

Don't go. As much as it sucks, wait it out 8 years. Russia and Qatar are not places I can recommend going to.

With that said, it seems as if StubHub does have a dedicated international site to sell tickets, i.e: https://intl.stubhub.com/football-world-cup-2018-peru-vs-denmark-tickets/ev439428?afl=1Q606O8YRW&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=103546680&utm_source=sh-com

Last edited:
[quote="Chris7" post=284955][quote="mjmaherjr" post=284862]Has anyone here ever been to the World Cup ? On the Fifa website the third game for Peru in Sochi says unavailable. I looked online for resellers and found a link to a stub hub type thing but then I read that FIFA is issuing special tix with your name and some sort of hologram on them and that you need a separately issued fifa id to get into the stadium and that if you buy from a reseller you wont get in

Don't go. As much as it sucks, wait it out 8 years. Russia and Qatar are not places I can recommend going to.

With that said, it seems as if StubHub does have a dedicated international site to sell tickets, i.e: https://intl.stubhub.com/football-world-cup-2018-peru-vs-denmark-tickets/ev439428?afl=1Q606O8YRW&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=103546680&utm_source=sh-com[/quote]

Thx I'll call stubhub but after reading the FIFA website I'm not sure I'm comfortable trying to buy from third party reseller. Especially not to Russia with all that planning etc

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/ticket-transfer-resale.html

[quote="Moose" post=284950][quote="OhioFan" post=284923]Nothing yet, but everyone was focused on the final week of the Bundesliga yesterday.[/quote]

Maybe they are all fans of the dinosaur finally going down.[/quote]

Yes, cheering for Hamburg to be relegated!

[quote="OhioFan" post=284964][quote="Moose" post=284950][quote="OhioFan" post=284923]Nothing yet, but everyone was focused on the final week of the Bundesliga yesterday.[/quote]

Maybe they are all fans of the dinosaur finally going down.[/quote]

Yes, cheering for Hamburg to be relegated![/quote]

My nephew and niece live in Cologne but they are rabid Borussia Dortmund fans. It is hard to be a fan of FC Köln when they are annually bottom dwellers. This year they are are even worse than Hamburg!
The Bundesliga is likely the strongest league in Europe but this year especially it is Bayern and everyone else.

Moose: Just finished watching NYCFC-L.A.;)

Mike, I have no response on my soccer board. Apparently they don't know any more than you do, probably because it is in Russia. Sorry.

I was lucky enough to see some games here in 1994.

After watching McMafia, I have ruled out going to Russia in the near future. That and Putin.

[quote="OhioFan" post=285102]Mike, I have no response on my soccer board. Apparently they don't know any more than you do, probably because it is in Russia. Sorry.[/quote] Ok thanks. The more I read the less likely I'm willing to chance a third party reseller even like stub hub. I'm reading stories on trip advisor of people buying on stubhub but not getting the code yet to get the fifa issued ID that you need in conjunction with the ticket to get in the Arena. I'll keep checking the fifa website to see if they release any more tix

[quote="TX Redman" post=285121]I was lucky enough to see some games here in 1994.

After watching McMafia, I have ruled out going to Russia in the near future. That and Putin.[/quote] That's another hesitation of mine. If we were able to do a tour in rest of Russia after the game in Sochi where I know there is a company responsible for us I wouldn't care as much but not crazy about the idea of winging it although if somehow we got legit tix for the Peru game in Sochi I'd be willing to take a chance

Last edited:
[quote="mjmaherjr" post=285125][quote="TX Redman" post=285121]I was lucky enough to see some games here in 1994.

After watching McMafia, I have ruled out going to Russia in the near future. That and Putin.[/quote] That's another hesitation of mine. If we were able to do a tour in rest of Russia after the game in Sochi where I know there is a company responsible for us I wouldn't care as much but not crazy about the idea of winging it although if somehow we got legit tix for the Peru game in Sochi I'd be willing to take a chance[/quote]

No offense Mike but neither Russia nor Qatar deserve to host the World Cup. Both of their federations are corrupt to the core.

[quote="Class of 72" post=285156][quote="mjmaherjr" post=285125][quote="TX Redman" post=285121]I was lucky enough to see some games here in 1994.

After watching McMafia, I have ruled out going to Russia in the near future. That and Putin.[/quote] That's another hesitation of mine. If we were able to do a tour in rest of Russia after the game in Sochi where I know there is a company responsible for us I wouldn't care as much but not crazy about the idea of winging it although if somehow we got legit tix for the Peru game in Sochi I'd be willing to take a chance[/quote]

No offense Mike but neither Russia nor Qatar deserve to host the World Cup. Both of their federations are corrupt to the core.[/quote] I hear you. Basically was just considering this because this is Peru's first time making the world cup in something like 36 years so it' a huge deal in Peru. Might just fly down to Peru instead and watch the 2nd and third games there and tie in a side trip somewhere like the Amazon or something because still cant get tix on the Fifa website

Last edited:
[quote="mjmaherjr" post=285188][quote="Class of 72" post=285156][quote="mjmaherjr" post=285125][quote="TX Redman" post=285121]I was lucky enough to see some games here in 1994.

No offense Mike but neither Russia nor Qatar deserve to host the World Cup. Both of their federations are corrupt to the core.[/quote] I hear you. Basically was just considering this because this is Peru's first time making the world cup in something like 36 years so it' a huge deal in Peru. Might just fly down to Peru instead and watch the 2nd and third games there and tie in a side trip somewhere like the Amazon or something because still cant get tix on the Fifa website[/quote]
But what about Saratoga? ;) :)

[quote="mjmaherjr" post=285188][quote="Class of 72" post=285156][quote="mjmaherjr" post=285125][quote="TX Redman" post=285121]I was lucky enough to see some games here in 1994.

No offense Mike but neither Russia nor Qatar deserve to host the World Cup. Both of their federations are corrupt to the core.[/quote] I hear you. Basically was just considering this because this is Peru's first time making the world cup in something like 36 years so it' a huge deal in Peru. Might just fly down to Peru instead and watch the 2nd and third games there and tie in a side trip somewhere like the Amazon or something because still cant get tix on the Fifa website[/quote]

That sounds like a better option. Ironically, the Peruvian national team of my youth in the 70's was a world power. Their greatest player, Teófilo Cubillas, affectionately known as Nene in Peru, played many years in the NASL in Florida. Sae him play a few times against the Cosmos.

[quote="bamafan" post=285193][quote="mjmaherjr" post=285188][quote="Class of 72" post=285156][quote="mjmaherjr" post=285125][quote="TX Redman" post=285121]I was lucky enough to see some games here in 1994.

But what about Saratoga? ;) :)[/quote] Haaaa that's august. I can fit that in between this and if we go to Oktoberfest in Munich :)

[quote="Class of 72" post=285194][quote="mjmaherjr" post=285188][quote="Class of 72" post=285156][quote="mjmaherjr" post=285125][quote="TX Redman" post=285121]I was lucky enough to see some games here in 1994.

That sounds like a better option. Ironically, the Peruvian national team of my youth in the 70's was a world power. Their greatest player, Teófilo Cubillas, affectionately known as Nene in Peru, played many years in the NASL in Florida. Sae him play a few times against the Cosmos.[/quote] He is still a hero in Peru. Actually Nathalie showed me a documentary a few months ago about him. I think he lives in Florida now or he did at the time ( it was an older documentary )

I have my Guerrero Jersey or Kit or whatever you call it. Hoping they get past the first 3 games because then they'd play the 30th or 31st and it will be insane down there. Heck the entire country is going to pretty much stop during the first 3 games [attachment=167]46ABAC71-C10B-46B0-8439-40EF7F4F10FC.jpeg[/attachment]

Last edited:
Back