Who is the Next Player to Commit?

Lavins going to see Gathers, Sampson, Obekpa and Amile Jefferson this weekend.

Lavin will head to the Spalding Hoophall Classic this weekend to watch Obekpa and 2012 targets JaKarr Sampson and Ricardo Gathers, as well as Amile Jefferson.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/01/12/with-lavin-watching-chris-obekpa-blocks-20-shots/#more-65142

As it turns out, having Lavin out recruiting rather then being on the sidelines this year(no way he could have done both) looks like it may be a blessing in disguise. The coaching staff is doing about as good a job as could be expected with the kids IMO. But no one has the presence or impact of Lavin on the recruiting trails. Its one thing to have a head coach come in and close the deal with a kid, its a whole other to have a head coach wine and dine(not literally of course) the kid throughout the kid's junior or senior season. A very unique situation indeed and one that will no doubt benefit us in the long run.

Am confused about the Garrett situation. I know he will play for Reds in the summer. Does that make him ineligible for basketball or does he retain his eligible status and play for us next year?

Also, I just started reading on the new site recently so I missed the scoop on Lindsey's leaving. Was it his choice or did we ask him to leave? I have heard some stuff about him being disruptive, selfish but I feel he is a big loss for us because he is a point guard and an exciting scorer. 

Am confused about the Garrett situation. I know he will play for Reds in the summer. Does that make him ineligible for basketball or does he retain his eligible status and play for us next year?

Also, I just started reading on the new site recently so I missed the scoop on Lindsey's leaving. Was it his choice or did we ask him to leave? I have heard some stuff about him being disruptive, selfish but I feel he is a big loss for us because he is a point guard and an exciting scorer. 

My understanding is that Garrett will continue to play for SJU next season.
As for Nuri-don't know if it was a one sided decision or not but through the A&M game his numbers were much better than the four games after it-Points per game through A&M-16+ after A&M 7. Stls. 3/under 1, assists-4/2.

Back