Who is the Next Player to Commit?

I see Sampson re committing really really soon!

There were rumblings of his coach trying to steer him elsewhere, so I actually think Sampson would commit as late as possible so as to limit the damage that could be done to him.

The rumors that Sampson's coach is KU pusher are so false they are comical.

I didn't have any specific school in mind. I'm actually more worried about Baylor than I ever was about KU.

I say Sampson but honestly I have a gut feeling it will be a 2013 Lawrence or 2014 McCullough  

I could see that too. I want to see 2012 commits the most right now though. Lots of needs. Point guard is now settled. Some bigs are desperately needed.

I say Sampson but honestly I have a gut feeling it will be a 2013 Lawrence or 2014 McCullough  

I could see that too. I want to see 2012 commits the most right now though. Lots of needs. Point guard is now settled. Some bigs are desperately needed.

We still at a minimum have 5 ships for 2012 and 2 ships for 2013 to give, but I agree getting some bigs done for next year is the priority. Right now we have no ships for 2014 if we use everything we have.

My gut is that we get up to 12 scholarship players for this class and let Jamal White use the last ship. We then sign 3 players for class of 13 and then 2 for 2014 assuming 2 guys leave early.

im confused about something....i heard during the Cincinnati game they said that Amir Garretts schooling is being paid for by the Reds...If that were true then he wouldnt be a scholly player would he?? I think they may have been wrong when they said that, but can someone clarify please

im confused about something....i heard during the Cincinnati game they said that Amir Garretts schooling is being paid for by the Reds...If that were true then he wouldnt be a scholly player would he?? I think they may have been wrong when they said that, but can someone clarify please

I don't understand it but he still counts against the 13 despite Amir's tuition being paid by the Reds

I don't understand it but he still counts against the 13 despite Amir's tuition being paid by the Reds

They just don't allow it so that players can't be bought as walk-ons. There is no advantage for SJU if the Reds are paying his tuition and he's taking up a scholarship spot anyway.

i've noticed a few of you predicted Sampson as the next commit - is there anything that says we are leading or are you guys just going off of a hunch?

i've tried my best to stay updated on his situation - but from everything I am reading he is wide open and possibly won't be announcing until Spring.

Gathers and Sampson would put us back in business.

I agree, even the Pg Branch, and Sampson --plus all the guys from this year's team-- and that is a Ncaa team next season.

i've noticed a few of you predicted Sampson as the next commit - is there anything that says we are leading or are you guys just going off of a hunch?

i've tried my best to stay updated on his situation - but from everything I am reading he is wide open and possibly won't be announcing until Spring.

By the same token Steve Lavin seems unlike to seek a verbal commitment from a prospect who has previously provided one. It is a letter of intent or nothing. Either you wish to play for me or you don't. There are other fish to fry.

Gathers and Sampson would put us back in business.

I agree, even the Pg Branch, and Sampson --plus all the guys from this year's team-- and that is a Ncaa team next season.

I am convinced this team is NCAA bound as is next season....4-5 seed territory.

We still at a minimum have 5 ships for 2012 and 2 ships for 2013 to give, but I agree getting some bigs done for next year is the priority. Right now we have no ships for 2014 if we use everything we have.

My gut is that we get up to 12 scholarship players for this class and let Jamal White use the last ship. We then sign 3 players for class of 13 and then 2 for 2014 assuming 2 guys leave early.

Does anyone really believe Stith will not transfer, especially with Branch aboard. 

Does anyone really believe Stith will not transfer, especially with Branch aboard. 

I don't.
He'll be a senior and, as of right now, the 4th guard.
An injury away from the same minutes as this year, especially in the first semester.

I don't.
He'll be a senior and, as of right now, the 4th guard.
An injury away from the same minutes as this year, especially in the first semester.

He knows what he is, and I think he's comfortable being that here. Plus, my theory is that somewhere along the line his focus shifted from wanting a playing career to wanting a coaching career, and he's exposed to some really good coaching minds here.

I hope both Obekpa and Gathers realize that this is the place to be for them. They will see major minutes playing in a major conference, in MSG, surrounded by a 1,2,3 combo that is all top 100 quality also. There is no where in the country that they are going to get the immediate playing time along side the kids with the talent of Harrison, Mo and Branch. I want Samson and a shooter too, but just landing these two kids alongside branch makes this year a great recruiting success in my opinion. 

Stith also will be on a championship team- that isnt easy and will be with him the rest of his life. He aint going nowhere

What championship do you think we will win next year? If you were talking about 2013 that might be a different story.

Back