Welcome Back Ed Kull!

I'm likely going, excited to usher in the Ed Kull era. A hire that makes a ton of sense. I think everyone obviously wants to succeed at any job they get hired for. I think, like college basketball fans who went to the school, there's a little extra "give a shit" factor when you have ties to the school with a degree.

Ed has a lot of personal relationships at SJU, succeeding here and helping steer this men's Basketball program and other sports into a prosperous direction is going to also be personal. The backing of Mike Repole obviously helps. He's known to the board and the major donors. Lets get this program right!

I'm likely going, excited to usher in the Ed Kull era. A hire that makes a ton of sense. I think everyone obviously wants to succeed at any job they get hired for. I think, like college basketball fans who went to the school, there's a little extra "give a shit" factor when you have ties to the school with a degree.

Ed has a lot of personal relationships at SJU, succeeding here and helping steer this men's Basketball program and other sports into a prosperous direction is going to also be personal. The backing of Mike Repole obviously helps. He's known to the board and the major donors. Lets get this program right!
I was thinking of going but I'm coming back to the city from Eastern LI and I'd have to make sure I got there at 12 so I could find a parking spot....some things never change.

I am probably wrong but for all these decades of following sju bball, the visibility of our ADs has been minimal. In this age of social media, Cragg and Kull have both been very visible and reachable to and by the average fan. I honestly don't think this position here at sju can be transformative. Operating budgets are razor thin. Hiring exceptional experienced talent for coaches and administration mostly not possible. So even if we hired the best AD in America I doubt he'd have the tools to deliver the way he had in other places. There's just not enough $$ to fund that - unless. Unless Kull can deliver on what has been his primary talent attributed to him - fund raising. I did happen to read the athletic department's annual report. The number of higher end red white donors, champions snd legends level appears to have doubled over a short period of time. Can Kull double that again? Will that even put a dent in hiring top coaches in other sports or providing existing coaches resources and NIL necessary to move the needle in sju sports?

Stay tuned. Should be interesting to watch. The likelihood is that Joe fan, and his checkbook, are the real keys to athletic success here. Can Kull reach them (us)? We will see.

I'm planning on attending to welcome Ed back.

Last edited:
I am probably wrong but for all these decades of following sju bball, the visibility of our ADs has been minimal. In this age of social media, Cragg and Kull have both been very visible and reachable to and by the average fan. I honestly don't think this position here at sju can be transformative. Operating budgets are razor thin. Hiring exceptional experienced talent for coaches and administration mostly not possible. So even if we hired the best AD in America I doubt he'd have the tools to deliver the way he had in other places. There's just not enough $$ to fund that - unless. Unless Kull can deliver on what has been his primary talent attributed to him - fund raising. I did happen to read the athletic department's annual report. The number of higher end red white donors, champions snd legends level appears to have doubled over a short period of time. Can Kull double that again? Will that even put a dent in hiring top coaches in other sports or providing existing coaches resources and NIL necessary to move the needle in sju sports?

Stay tuned. Should be interesting to watch. The likelihood is that Joe fan, and his checkbook, are the real keys to athletic success here. Can Kull reach them (us)? We will see.

I'm planning on attending to welcome Ed back.
Let's hope Ed can bring our outside team sport facilities from " porta potty U" to something better! 24 years of this is enough!

SJU-TV to Live Stream Introductory Press Conference for New Vice President and Director of Athletics Ed Kull Today at 1 p.m.

Tuesday’s press conference will air live on St. John’s Athletics’ Official YouTube Channel

QUEENS, N.Y. (Sept. 17, 2024) –
The St. John’s University Television Network (SJU-TV) will live stream Tuesday’s introductory press conference for the university’s new Vice President and Director of AthleticsEd Kull on St. John’s Athletics’ official YouTube channel. Click here to tune into the press conference today at 1 p.m.

Kull was officially announced as the Red Storm’s Vice President and Director of Athletics on Sept. 11 after a four-year stint as the Athletic Director of Fordham University. The former Johnnie makes his way back to Queens where he previously spent time as the university’s Chief of Staff to the President before rising to the role of Vice President for Institutional Advancement.

SJU-TV to Live Stream Introductory Press Conference for New Vice President and Director of Athletics Ed Kull Today at 1 p.m.

Tuesday’s press conference will air live on St. John’s Athletics’ Official YouTube Channel

The St. John’s University Television Network (SJU-TV) will live stream Tuesday’s introductory press conference for the university’s new Vice President and Director of AthleticsEd Kull on St. John’s Athletics’ official YouTube channel. Click here to tune into the press conference today at 1 p.m.

Kull was officially announced as the Red Storm’s Vice President and Director of Athletics on Sept. 11 after a four-year stint as the Athletic Director of Fordham University. The former Johnnie makes his way back to Queens where he previously spent time as the university’s Chief of Staff to the President before rising to the role of Vice President for Institutional Advancement.

Nice find.

Back