Welcome Aaron Scott!

I am sure Scott will put up better scoring numbers here North Texas played tough defense and ran the clock on offense to keep games in 50’s-60’s. He is going to be a very nice player for us.
Have to look past the pace of play. They couldn’t score the ball so he was asked to be a primary scorer and his efficiency took a nosedive. I doubt that happens here. He’ll be the 4th or 5th option when he’s on the floor.

Not sure if this has been shared yet, but here is an in depth scouting report on Scott suggesting he has NBA potential. Perhaps the numbers don't tell the full story with him.

Not sure if this has been shared yet, but here is an in depth scouting report on Scott suggesting he has NBA potential. Perhaps the numbers don't tell the full story with him.

“His excellent lateral quickness and the defensive footwork to match are a solid base to become a plus-defender further down his career.”

I think we added 2 nice pieces.

But if I told my buddy who is a Nova fan that we got a kid who averaged 11 points at north texas, hed laugh.

How excited should we be with these 2 kids?
North Texas ran a a half court deliberate offense from what remember. Pitino runs an uptempo 94 ft offense which I think is better suited for Scott. If Iwuchukwu can stay healthy I see a big jump from him also. I like both of these pick ups.

As of right now is Scott the PF? Is Luis? Or is Scott already penciled in as the primary backup at both forward spots even before we land more guys?

He’ll get more opportunities in transition, but he will go back to his soph version in the half court me thinks.

His #s should be very similar to what Taylor produced. He’s being brought in to defend and rebound. The shooting is just the cherry on top.
Disagree. Right now there is not much offense on the team. Again as someone said, Scott scored 11 per game in a slowed down deliberate offense. When the game opens up he will be a legit scorer. Rick can’t afford to bring in another player like Taylor, all D but little on O. This present team does not have nearly the scoring power of last years team yet.

Disagree. Right now there is not much offense on the team. Again as someone said, Scott scored 11 per game in a slowed down deliberate offense. When the game opens up he will be a legit scorer. Rick can’t afford to bring in another player like Taylor, all D but little on O. This present team does not have nearly the scoring power of last years team yet.
🙄

Unusual to see a highlight film based on defense, kid is quick and patient!

Back