Welcome Aaron Scott!

For an objective perspective, pursuant to the portal rankings by On3/247, Scott is ranked #134/#99 and Vince is ranked #232/#185. Both seem like rotational players that provide a skillset we need.

I love Ledlum but we were really hurt when he was switched onto perimeter players — which happened incredibly often. That’s the reason I wanted Dubar so bad because of his switching ability.

I think we get a lot of that out of Scott with more explosion but less offense.

Other than seeing Scott against us, I really didn’t follow North Texas basketball. Same with the USC kid whose name I won’t even try spelling. So I will go with the Coach who we are paying handsomely to get us in the Tournament and more. Until proven otherwise I’ll assume they can help.

More importantly we have 3 more openings. Let’s see who he’s chasing. Should be interesting.

From Zach, more on Scott:

Anonymous AAC assistant coach on Aaron Scott: "Great 3 & D talent. I think he has NBA potential. Can guard pretty much one through four. Can switch everything. He'll do well in St. John's system. He didn't make all-league, but he was one of the top three pro prospects in our league."

This quote rules

He's long/quick enough that if he gets switched on the perimeter he can guard a big 3 (like an Aaron Scott type)
Agreed, but would stop short of saying 3 positions. Scott to me is a stretch 4 in college. Most 3s will be like Luis or Bamba, plus many teams who play 3 guards (Spencer/castle).

Other than seeing Scott against us, I really didn’t follow North Texas basketball. Same with the USC kid whose name I won’t even try spelling. So I will go with the Coach who we are paying handsomely to get us in the Tournament and more. Until proven otherwise I’ll assume they can help.

More importantly we have 3 more openings. Let’s see who he’s chasing. Should be interesting.
there was a game late in the year against Fordham he was tremendous. He had a lot of strong games throughout the year and was a big piece for them regarding how well they overachieved in that conference. I know he was a focal point of the scouting report when we played them

I think we added 2 nice pieces.

But if I told my buddy who is a Nova fan that we got a kid who averaged 11 points at north texas, hed laugh.

How excited should we be with these 2 kids?
He averaged 11 on a team that had the slowest pace in college. Our pace is light speed faster and will give him a lot more opportunities on Offense

He averaged 11 on a team that had the slowest pace in college. Our pace is light speed faster and will give him a lot more opportunities on Offense
He’ll get more opportunities in transition, but he will go back to his soph version in the half court me thinks.

His #s should be very similar to what Taylor produced. He’s being brought in to defend and rebound. The shooting is just the cherry on top.

He’ll get more opportunities in transition, but he will go back to his soph version in the half court me thinks.

His #s should be very similar to what Taylor produced. He’s being brought in to defend and rebound. The shooting is just the cherry on top.
I also think he knows any NBA potential hinges on his 3point shooting and defense, so I expect him to space the floor in the half-court and create offense on defense.

I think his numbers will be a touch better than Taylor, but depends largely on the two guards TBD that still need to be brought in.

Taylor's overall impact was way above his numbers. Scott will likely be similar in that respect.

This makes me happier we got him. Although the games played does stand out.
Not sure what you mean but keep in mind that is just conference stats so the game totals are conference games.

Beware of under estimating Witcher. Hoping Pitino gives him 25 minutes to maximize potential
I like him so I'm not underestimating him. More like I want to go far into March or April so don't want to overestimate a kid who didn't get a ton of burn last season.

Back