USMNT - WC qualification

One would think that an U23 player for the US would be an established regular for his respective club first team and playing in one of the top tier leagues. U17 and U19 is a different matter of course.

For the sheer amount of participants and facilities in this country it is shocking we cannot qualify for the Olympics. Something is wrong at the coaching / scouting / development level.

One would think that an U23 player for the US would be an established regular for his respective club first team and playing in one of the top tier leagues. U17 and U19 is a different matter of course.

For the sheer amount of participants and facilities in this country it is shocking we cannot qualify for the Olympics. Something is wrong at the coaching / scouting / development level.

That answer can be summed up in four words: Jurgen Klinsmann, Sunil Gulati.

I'm utterly baffled as to why Klinsmann chose the other night to be Pulisic's debut to cap tie him. Why was he not playing in the Olympic qualifier? What a disgrace. He would have made a huge impact on that game. Utter mismanagement.

There will not be many tears shed - Klinnsman has been fired as HC of the USMNT. The losses to Mexico and Costa Rica proved to be too much.

There will not be many tears shed - Klinnsman has been fired as HC of the USMNT. The losses to Mexico and Costa Rica proved to be too much.

Amen. An arrogant loser. Nothing to show for. Hopefully it's not too late. Hope he is immediately removed from the team's office. He was ok with his team losing. Good riddance.

How does Sunil Gulati still have a job? They should have just cleaned house.

Bruce Arena proves you can go home again. A safe appointment but not necessarily the one to get the national team to the next level.

Bruce Arena proves you can go home again. A safe appointment but not necessarily the one to get the national team to the next level.

At the moment, the team needs someone who knows the player pool and machinations of US Soccer to navigate this mess and get them qualified for Russia.

The next coaching search can begin after 2018, when there will be more coaches available who can come in and bring in their system.

Sunil Gulati is an elected officer of the USSF... he can not be fired. His term is up for re-election in 2018 and he will most likely run unopposed again as he did for the last term.

At the moment, the team needs someone who knows the player pool and machinations of US Soccer to navigate this mess and get them qualified for Russia.

The next coaching search can begin after 2018, when there will be more coaches available who can come in and bring in their system.

There is a clear reason that Arena was brought in and that is cause he was willing to do it on a short term contract. He will have an 18-24 month contract. This is important for two reasons...1) stability through the World Cup and 2) that is when Klinsman's contract would be up and they will be freed of his salary. Right now they couldnt afford to pay Klinsman and another high powered coach.

6-0 over Honduras and 1-1 with Panama. The ship has been righted to some extent. I did not see the games but apparently Pulisic looked good.

6-0 over Honduras and 1-1 with Panama. The ship has been righted to some extent. I did not see the games but apparently Pulisic looked good.

Watched last night. He made a great play on the goal. Panama got real physical with him. He is going to be a good one but needs some more talent around him on the National Team to fully excel. John Brooks didn't play last night which might have cost us the goal. Tim Howard made a great save as well.

Pulisic with two nice goals vs T&T. He shows a lot of maturity for an 18 year old.

Big game tomorrow vs Mexico in the Aztec Stadium.

I hate to be critical after a win, but this team just doesn't have the talent to compete against any decent team. When Altidore is your biggest threat and Bradley (who is hot garbage) is your box-to box middie and Cameron-Brookes is your CF partnership, you're in trouble. I think it's a shame because at this point we should have developed better talent in the last 20 years from around the country. I know the MLS teams are finally doing academies which is a step in the right direction, but until we can develop more players like Pulisic, who is the only difference maker on the pitch for us or find guys who have talent like a Dempsey (or, even, a Bobby Wood) but who also have the heart and balls to make up for a lack of elite talent we will always be a middling team. I hate to say it, but if we win in Mexico (or even draw) I'd be shocked.

I hate to be critical after a win, but this team just doesn't have the talent to compete against any decent team. When Altidore is your biggest threat and Bradley (who is hot garbage) is your box-to box middie and Cameron-Brookes is your CF partnership, you're in trouble. I think it's a shame because at this point we should have developed better talent in the last 20 years from around the country. I know the MLS teams are finally doing academies which is a step in the right direction, but until we can develop more players like Pulisic, who is the only difference maker on the pitch for us or find guys who have talent like a Dempsey (or, even, a Bobby Wood) but who also have the heart and balls to make up for a lack of elite talent we will always be a middling team. I hate to say it, but if we win in Mexico (or even draw) I'd be shocked.

Pulisic is special. I hope we can put some better talent around him. I like John Brooks though.

hot garbage with a first half goal

If you think he's a great player than I really don't know what to say

Saying that, that's a great goal, I give credit where it's due. To get outta that stadium with a point is a point well earned. I'm happy.

If you think he's a great player than I really don't know what to say

Saying that, that's a great goal, I give credit where it's due. To get outta that stadium with a point is a point well earned. I'm happy.
He is not a great player but that was a great goal and he wasn't far off from getting another. Agree though that a tie was a great result.

Hard fought draw. Any points gained in the Azteca are welcome. Bradley's goal was superb and he almost added a second. I have always liked his game. He gets involved, keeps the ball moving and is usually looking to move the ball forward. Box to box, every game.

Cameron, Yedlin and old man Beasley played well - Beasley was subjected to a couple of NFL tackles. Thought Guzan might have done better on Vela's goal. Why no Howard or Deuce? Pulisic was quiet. He will need to build some mass to go with his skills.

We are in good shape to qualify.

Now that is out of the way, it's back to the Stanley Cup!

Back