The Knicks Are Back

SJU85

2023 $upporter 2022 $upporter
Report: Knicks acquire Bridges from Nets in blockbuster deal
The Nets will receive four unprotected first round picks and Bojan Bogdanovic for the star forward.

The Knicks' Villanova trio reportedly is now a quartet.

Mikal Bridges is crossing the East River to join the Knicks after the Nets agreed in principle to trade the forward, according to a report by ESPN. The Nets will receive Bojan Bogdanovic, four unprotected first-round picks, a protected first-round pick via Bucks, an unprotected pick swap and a second-rounder, the report said.

Bridges, 27, will join his former Villanova teammates Jalen Brunson, Josh Hart and Donte DiVincenzo at Madison Square Garden, reuniting four members of the 2016 NCAA champions.

Does this rule out OG ? Bridges certainly a hellava lot more durable

I don't even know what I think of the trade from giving up all those picks. But I am pumped that we're going all in, tripling down on the culture. We're definitely a much better team now than last year.

All the sources say this won't preclude us from re-signing OG, which is essential. But it does sound like we're priced out from iHart

I don't even know what I think of the trade from giving up all those picks. But I am pumped that we're going all in, tripling down on the culture. We're definitely a much better team now than last year.

All the sources say this won't preclude us from re-signing OG, which is essential. But it does sound like we're priced out from iHart
Ughh I thought Hartenstein was huge last year.

Interesting note I just heard on the news. The guy just said on nbc that this is the first trade between the knicks and nets since 1983

That’s mind boggling if true

Wouldn’t it be nice to have an SJU network like that. But sadly I’m an SJU fan so let’s be real and also the ‘college game’ will prevent that continuity and team building from ever happening.

The Knicks have to resign OG. He is a different player than Bridges. He is the perfect player to space the floor, plays great perimeter defense, and can hit the three.
I agree about OG but Bridges does all three of those things as well. Bridges is the better offensive player, OG the better defender. You need both. A starting line-up of Brunson and Bridges in the backcourt, OG, Randle and Robinson up front would be real tough with concerns of their being enough ball for all and can each of the front court stay healthy.

With what he is going to command in free agency, Hartenstein was gone as the Knicks were not going to shell that much out for him when they were looking for that one more scoring piece.

Priority one now is resigning OG. Then they will look to fortify their bench (which actually gets stronger with DiVincenzo moving to the bench if they resign OG) for a PG to lead the second unit (Lowry) and a replacement for Hartenstein.

They still have 2 first rounders tonight, correct? That is where they can look to bolster the bench without breaking the bank. How about Koleck as a pg back-up (hated him as a college player against us, but think he will do well as a sub in the league).

They will now have Hart, Donte and Deuce coming off the bench. Use their picks to draft a big like Ware and a long defender like the kid from UVA and maybe sign Lowry as a vet off the bench. Man, will next year be fun! Have to resign Anunoby though which seems like it will happen.

Back