Sports investing

Eric

Since sports betting is legal in many states now including new york (btw mobile sports betting is really right around the corner as cuomo finally is letting it happen) and it is apparent that some of us do partake in a sports bet here and there i figured maybe a thread dedicated to picks would be interesting and lucrative :)  Mods if this is not allowed my apologies and take it down. 

Investing ? LOL How about having italian butcher take my money and me not getting a meatall parm hero in return : )

Last edited:
mjmaherjr" post=414101 said:
Investing ? LOL How about having italian butcher take my money and me not getting a meatall parm hero in return : )

:) :)

i like to call it investing yea lol

already played a few games today but for 8 pm even though northwestern is on a nice losing streak im liking the points vs wisconsin tonight. 

The vig will go to cover the costs of running redmen.com.  Or People can hit the donate button at the top.

Moose" post=414114 said:
Where is Ccnobz
I miss him
He was always on the action back when it was a faux pas 

maybe this thread  will draw him back.   wake up northwestern!!

Last edited:
Jumped on auburn as my confidence wanes with northwestern.  Maybe i still pull off northwestern.  We see

Mean Gene" post=414133 said:
I had Providence +9 on William Hill. They always start playing well around this point in the season 

they are a team i cant bet.  Always wrong no matter i bet for or against

I choose not to "invest" in SJU today. Just seems like too much wood to lay considering:
A. We're consistently inconsistent, and coming off a big win
2. We're traveling west 
3. They seem like a solid team, although I know very little about them. 
4.  They have a couple of bigs who can hurt us inside

Amongst other bets, went with Creighton to score over 73 points today and to cover(8.5). Just feel like they're due for a big offensive game. Stayed away from Nova and Marq games. 

Last edited:
Moose not to "invest" in SJU today. Just seems like too much wood to lay considering:
2. We're traveling west 

Didn't know Carnesecca was west of dormitories!! Tough trip!

Fred Solomon" post=414359 said:
Moose not to "invest" in SJU today. Just seems like too much wood to lay considering:
2. We're traveling west 

Didn't know Carnesecca was west of dormitories!! Tough trip!

I think we lost the coin flip, so we'll be heading west to begin the game lol. 

I've learned there are no guarantees in sports betting, but there are tendencies. When you have a game where one team is often on TV, and the other rarely or never available for viewing, excessive money often comes in on the familiar team and the line reflects the money disparity, not the perceived difference in the teams. Betting the underdog late is where the "sharp" $ usually ends up.

Moose" post=414598 said:
Hope nobody here invested in Conor last night 
I love Conor and his showmanship.. when I am that invested in a team or person, I tend not to bet. Never ends well. 

Back