SJU Portal Targets

The last scholarship very important.
Obviously Kadary a great get. But again as much grief as some gave Soriano, we don’t have a guy to get us an easy basket down low. In this day and age most college teams don’t have that guy but all good teams have a guy that can knock down a big three. As of now that guy not on roster.

People on here like to use Uconn as a goal, well they lost Hawkins and grabbed Spencer.
Need to get someone that has knocked down threes at this level if we want to make the tournament.
Did we get Kadary? Sounds like it might be iffy. If we don’t get him, it seems like we may be faced with the prospect that on paper, we will have less talent than last year, particularly if Dingle and Ledlum don’t retirn, which is likely.

I think Smith is a great get and may be a “better fit” than Jenkins. But Jenkins was outstanding last year and he was our best player by a lot. Assuming that Smith will be a huge upgrade strikes me as folly. Without Kadary, I’m not sure where the scoring is going to come from. We will need major growth from Zuby, Luis, Sim and Brady.

I know there are other guys we’re looking at in the portal but the Kadary recruitment strikes me as critical. Obviously Ledlum and Dingle coming back would be huge, but I continue to see that as a major long shot.

Wilcher has a great looking stroke. Very confident he will be a legit threat from three and will get lots of minutes to show it.
Wilcher shot the ball very well from 3 in the 2 games against DePaul when he was able to get an extended run on the court and get into rhythm.
I think he can be a very good 3-point shooter with more consistent playing time

No denying He had a great run in tournament, but I am talking about for a career in totality. Dunlap has just as much skills and probably more.
I like Dunlap a lot so really not trying to sound down on him or argue about him as a player. I don’t think he’s got the ball skills and playmaking that Hancock had. Marra, more of a stretch guy at the forward spot, would be good enough for me.

I like Dunlap a lot so really not trying to sound down on him or argue about him as a player. I don’t think he’s got the ball skills and playmaking that Hancock had. Marra, more of a stretch guy at the forward spot, would be good enough for me.
Agree to disagree on Dunlap and Marra. Dunlap's skill set is much higher ceiling

Plus if you stand next to Dunlap he is a legit 6'7 and maybe closer to 6'8 if one is to go by the in sneakers measuring scale.

That said. Hope Brady shines in coming years and we all will be happy!

Agree to disagree on Dunlap and Marra. Dunlap's skill set is much higher ceiling

Plus if you stand next to Dunlap he is a legit 6'7 and maybe closer to 6'8 if one is to go by the in sneakers measuring scale.

That said. Hope Brady shines in coming years and we all will be happy!
To be honest looking back I thought Marra had better numbers. I hope Brady out produces him. Agree that he is a forward

From Zach, re Smith & Kadary:
Sorry if posted.

Story on St. John's landing Deivon Smith: St. John's No. 1 priority this offseason was rebuilding its backcourt and it landed a key piece in the endeavor on Monday morning.
He's just gotta get it right. lol
I agree and am very surprised that his name has not come up to date
He played very well against us in the past and would seem to be a really good fit in our style of play
If Watkins is not an option, I wouldn't mind seeing us pivot in his direction
I’m not a Kaluma fan . He was a featured player for McDermott . Why leave ? $$$$?
Creighton has Buffett $$$. Even more than Repole .

2 years ago in the NCAA playoffs , Kaluma played awful and I thought caused the Blue Jays to lose a 2nd or 3rd round game , I’m not sure

But , he like so many others seems to be a floater . 1 year Wonders who are focused on the next level , NBA or Europe .

I would be very happy with a Richmond pick up with one small concern. Thinking back to the Posh Curbelo combo, we all know that didn’t work cause both needed the ball. After all both Richmond and Smith have always been PGs of their respective teams.

Now of course neither of them have the issues that Curbelo, had, both are more talented/versatile then the previous mentioned combo and Rick Pitino is now the coach and will most likely sell them on co existing. However, there is always that possibility that human nature can be challenging.

Back