SJU Portal Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall correctly Y2 was kinda like this on his one miss last year which was Mgbako. He was standing firm we had him even when everyone else disagreed
Nah Y2 backtracked four days later. He randomly responded to a tweet that had Mgbako visiting Indiana.

This is a whole new level of responsiveness/stubbornness/etc.

Trilly reiterated about an hour ago that we’re the front runners for Karary and Baylor is front runner for Norchad.

Norchad is obviously a huge difference maker. Probably the biggest. But don’t stop me from being unimaginably excited about a lineup of

Smith
Wilcher
Kadary
Luis
Zuby

Or
Smith
Kadary
Luis
Scott
Zuby

He’s been right a lot. He doesn’t just throw shit against the wall or get wishy washy from the screenshots that people put up here or my buddies text me. That being said no one bats 1000 but let’s hope he enters legendary half of fame GOAT status soon
I hope he does but he is really putting himself out there with this firm “guarantee” and if he misses, the egg on his face may be too thick to wash off.

Trilly reiterated about an hour ago that we’re the front runners for Karary and Baylor is front runner for Norchad.

Norchad is obviously a huge difference maker. Probably the biggest. But don’t stop me from being unimaginably excited about a lineup of

Smith
Wilcher
Kadary
Luis
Zuby

Or
Smith
Kadary
Luis
Scott
Zuby

Personally I’d rather give Omer the bag and tell Kadary thanks but no thanks, especially if Deivon Smith is done. Then pivot to hoping Dingle gets his waiver or find another comparable 2-guard.

Smith
Wilcher
Kadary
Luis
Zuby

Or
Smith
Kadary
Luis
Scott
Zuby
Excited? The second group is lean on shooters and average on rebounding, the first group will get hammered on the boards and still lacks decent outside shooting. Of course this is all relative to the level of teams in our conference.

And ask yourself this….. with those line ups, where’s the “overall” upgrade from last years team?

Reactions: REB
Excited? The second group is lean on shooters and average on rebounding, the first group will get hammered on the boards and still lacks decent outside shooting. Of course this is all relative to the level of teams in our conference.

And ask yourself this….. with those line ups, where’s the “overall” upgrade from last years team?
Yes, extremely excited

Didn’t smith and Scott both shoot 40% from 3 during a season each??

Personally I’d rather give Omer the bag and tell Kadary thanks but no thanks, especially if Deivon Smith is done. Then pivot to hoping Dingle gets his waiver or find another comparable 2-guard.
Maybe it’s not an option. But yeah if it’s our choice, Omier and one of the 2 is the best way to finish off the roster.

Don't let the size fool you. Deivon is an elite rebounder at his position/height. Averaged 6 last year and had six double digit rebound games. Kadary also averaged 7 rebounds. We would be an elite rebounding team from the guard spots. Outside shooting would be my concern, but I also think its fair to expect the returning players to improve.

I'd also say Kadary is a pretty massive talent upgrade over Dingle. Kadary could be BE POY preseason. Dingle won't get a preseason vote to make a team.

Also think Amase is selling Pitino short in that, we'll probably still be in the hunt for Mitchell and other starting forwards if we miss out on Omier.

Don't let the size fool you. Deivon is an elite rebounder at his position/height. Averaged 6 last year and had six double digit rebound games. Kadary also averaged 7 rebounds. We would be an elite rebounding team from the guard spots. Outside shooting would be my concern, but I also think its fair to expect the returning players to improve.

I'd also say Kadary is a pretty massive talent upgrade over Dingle. Kadary could be BE POY preseason. Dingle won't get a preseason vote to make a team.

Also think Amase is selling Pitino short in that, we'll probably still be in the hunt for Mitchell and other starting forwards if we miss out on Omier.
We would still need a front court piece. Wasn’t implying we would stop with kadary and smith.

Was about to post the exact same thing as you that it’s very much worth noting Smith and Kadary are as elite as it comes from a guard rebounding perspective.

1714835699121.png

Didn’t smith and Scott both shoot 40% from 3 during a season each??
Almost right Eric. While Smith shot 40, Scott shot 37%. But Scott hardly took many outside shots. Remember Wusu had a good 3 point percentage but he didn’t take many threes either.

In terms of Smith, he’s 6 feet tall and he as well didn’t take many shots. The physicality in the BE will be a lot more then it was in the pac 12 and while I’ll be elated to have him as a pg he will probably going against taller and more physical players which may impact his shooting.

We would still need a front court piece. Wasn’t implying we would stop with kadary and smith.

Was about to post the exact same thing as you that it’s very much worth noting Smith and Kadary are as elite as it comes from a guard rebounding perspective.
Mitchell would still be an odd fit offensively to me if he's the pivot from Omier if we get Kadary. I wonder if we'd be looking at another 2/3 and have Kadary guard more forwards. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Almost right Eric. While Smith shot 40, Scott shot 37%. But Scott hardly took many outside shots. Remember Wusu had a good 3 point percentage but he didn’t take many threes either.

In terms of Smith, he’s 6 feet tall and he as well didn’t take many shots. The physicality in the BE will be a lot more then it was in the pac 12 and while I’ll be elated to have him as a pg he will probably going against taller and more physical players which may impact his shooting.

Scott took 4 threes a game and made 40% during conference play. Whats many?

Marillac has a new picture lined up just in case……
My favorite player in the whole portal season this year as I told you yesterday.

The things he can do…he might be 1 of 1 this college season. He is Bashir Ahmed (but defended by centers) on the perimeter, Joel as a rebounder, Kalkbrenner on the pick and roll lob, and Anthony Glover with the ball around the glass.

He's headed into his fifth season of college, and not one spent in a non-power conference. He isn't suddenly going to be overwhelmed by height.

Scott took 4 threes a game and made 40% during conference play. Whats many?
That’s a lot to me. I have zero concerns with shooting if Smith is here. He will set the table…just have to live with some wildness here and there.

Nobody faster from defensive rebound to the finish. Kadary exemption am in this area as well, albeit slower and more controlled. I wouldn’t expect anywhere near as many pure half court sets if we had both. Lots of 5 on 4, 4 on 3, and no set defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back