SJU Portal Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want these better players as much as anyone, but all this is starting to feel dirty and unethical. I think Pitino should tell these kids that if they don’t value his ability to make them better players and to better prepare them for what comes next in their career, then they should go elsewhere.

Free market capitalism has always bee dirty and unethical, college recruiting as well. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Now that toto has opened the curtain you can't close it like people closed their eyes to the previous reality.

I want these better players as much as anyone, but all this is starting to feel dirty and unethical. I think Pitino should tell these kids that if they don’t value his ability to make them better players and to better prepare them for what comes next in their career, then they should go elsewhere.
Why is trying to make as much $ as possible dirty and unethical? I agree it should be regulated, but I don’t fault the kids.

Why is trying to make as much $ as possible dirty and unethical? I agree it should be regulated, but I don’t fault the kids.
My point is that the coach’s impact on your game should be a primary consideration, not just the money. We are offering starting positions on a likely tournament team in the biggest TV market in the country. And I’m sure our NIL is competitive. I don’t like that it’s starting to seem like it’s only about the money. Hopefully I am wrong.

I’m really I’d agree. But unfortunately now just in almost everything it’s all about the $ and that does suck

My point is that the coach’s impact on your game should be a primary consideration, not just the money. We are offering starting positions on a likely tournament team in the biggest TV market in the country. And I’m sure our NIL is competitive. I don’t like that it’s starting to seem like it’s only about the money. Hopefully I am wrong.

I'm willing to bet that at least 10 guys on the roster will never see an NBA court nor have he opportunity to make this kind of money again in their lives, or at least for a long time. I have no problem with them maximizing their their income. I think they should all hold binding auctions. They can even choose who they will allow to bid for their services. Get it over quick and easy and excellent reality TV. Can call it snake tank.

If things go as well as they appear they could with these portal targets. I will be putting a nice sum of money on St. John’s to win it all this season coming up. Hopefully catch some great odds before too late. They will be talking about me and who is this guy winning a million dollars on this bet.

I tried to keep it on topic by throwing in these portal targets.

If things go as well as they appear they could with these portal targets. I will be putting a nice sum of money on St. John’s to win it all this season coming up. Hopefully catch some great odds before too late. They will be talking about me and who is this guy winning a million dollars on this bet.

I tried to keep it on topic by throwing in these portal targets.
Geez, I'd wait until we sign Lew Alcindor.🙃

NIL thread please. These post just get tiresome. It is what it is, but this thread is for news about SJU targets.
This post was directed at Cliff O, are you going to condemn every post directed at him as well? I am on topic.

And since you have assumed the role of thread police, did you tell the poster who posted of Wilcher’s role on the team and his playing time to stay on topic? Last I looked SW was not a portal target. 😎👍

Last edited:
We would have no players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back