RJ Luis Update

It was brutal the way this young man was treated by many on this site last season. He played his butt off even while in constant pain, was often the best player on the floor (especially in the teams late run) and you had a few of our well known posters calling for his transfer?? Hopefully with the season he’s about to have he makes his critics eat their words and that’s putting it nicely.

It was brutal the way this young man was treated by many on this site last season. He played his butt off even while in constant pain, was often the best player on the floor (especially in the teams late run) and you had a few of our well known posters calling for his transfer?? Hopefully with the season he’s about to have he makes his critics eat their words and that’s putting it nicely.
I do not recall anyone calling for him to transfer. I think a few said they would not be upset if he did not return. Theres a big difference there.

Pitino loves this kid so that says something. I dont see much outside of him bullying his way to the basket and getting buckets that way.

If his shins were the issue with his poor performance last year, then that should not be a problem anymore. I hope he plays well this year.

It’s RJ’s year to step up to be a consistent force as a junior on both ends of court. Hopefully his seemingly chronic injury is more under control to achieve that. If not, there are some other talented guys in the wings.

I was critical of him and I think rightly so. I’ll happily apologize and give him kudos if he proves me wrong. But idt he’s as good a basketball player as he is an athlete. Hope he’s healthy and I’m wrong g.

Let’s see how a healthy Luis does this year. When you’re in constant pain, not only is your physical performance affected but decision making as well. Hopefully he has a great season and proves all skeptics wrong.

Fair as in "I know he's suffering from shin splints and hasn't been able to practice with the team much, but..." fair?
Most of the criticism was directed at his decisions on the court, not his physical limitations due to his injuries. And while his lack of practice no doubt contributed to his questionable decisions on the court, there were way too many times when Luis tried to do too much.

In any event, this has been discussed ad nauseam. We're on to a new season and I am hopeful that we'll see the very best version of Luis that there is.

Most of the criticism was directed at his decisions on the court, not his physical limitations due to his injuries. And while his lack of practice no doubt contributed to his questionable decisions on the court, there were way too many times when Luis tried to do too much.

In any event, this has been discussed ad nauseam. We're on to a new season and I am hopeful that we'll see the very best version of Luis that there is.
And then I’ll keep posting your Luis mantra video which is awesome by the way lol.

Back