RIP SJUFAN2

I was never able to attend the Mustang Sallys/Sly Fox get-togethers, as I was only around 13 years old when I joined this site about 20 years ago. So I never got to meet Ed in person. But I always enjoyed his posts on this site and his passion for St. John's basketball. May his memory be a blessing.

Shocked to hear this news. Like many I never met Ed but we talked on the phone more than a few times as part of the RM.com Fantasy Football league comissioner group. As those close to him have confirmed he seemed like a smart, genuine guy with a lot of passion, especially for his Dolphins and Yankees. Very sad indeed. My thoughts are with his family.

In the close to 25 years of being a member here this is absolutely the hardest thing for me to say. Our friend SJUFAN2 passed away on tuesday. Moose was kind enough to let me know a couple hours ago. It was sudden and happened tuesday as he was unresponsive when his sister went to wake him up.

Back in the early years of redmen.com Mkras and I organized a party at Mustang Sallys and I forget but we must have had close to 50 members of the site show up. I'm relatively sure that's the first night I met Ed and we have been friends ever since. In those early years Ed,Moose Kranmars Myself and a bunch of others would be at the games and meet up at Sly Fox or after MSG etc and anyone who knew Ed personally knew what an all around awesome person and friend he was.

Just to show what type of guy he was when he took the job at a big payroll company setting up 401k plans with Financial Advisors etc I had told him a problem my client was having with his company. Ed was never going to get paid on this plan and it wasn't even his and he would never even get credit with his company for helping but he worked on it got the right people involved and fixed the issues. He didnt just stop there. He got the payroll company to move my client into a higher tier plan. The only reason he did this was because he was a friend and that's the type of guy Ed was.

Ed you will be missed greatly my friend. I'm a better person for having known you and lucky to have had you as a friend
Very sad news, deepest condolences to his friends and family.

Shocked to hear this news. Like many I never met Ed but we talked on the phone more than a few times as part of the RM.com Fantasy Football league comissioner group. As those close to him have confirmed he seemed like a smart, genuine guy with a lot of passion, especially for his Dolphins and Yankees. Very sad indeed. My thoughts are with his family.
He was really smart except for dolphins and ST John’s

they had a video tribute at last night's game to a 30 year season ticket holder who recently passed. Was it the gentleman Ed?

I was never able to attend the Mustang Sallys/Sly Fox get-togethers, as I was only around 13 years old when I joined this site about 20 years ago. So I never got to meet Ed in person. But I always enjoyed his posts on this site and his passion for St. John's basketball. May his memory be a blessing.
they had a video tribute at last night's game to a 30 year season ticket holder who recently passed. Was it the gentleman Ed?
Matt C we still owe you your strip club 21st bday party.

MM52 yes the halftime tribute last night's game was for SJUFAN2. Jersey Shore Johnny was his usual awesome self and arranged that

How many of the past 30 years were free of frustration? Team should play rest of season with a patch of Ed's face on their uniform for such dedication.

I've been away from red.fans for awhile.
Never met Ed, but we connected often via text...and discovered we were kindred spirits.
I'm very sad to hear that Ed has passed.
May he Rest-In-Peace.

I've been away from red.fans for awhile.
Never met Ed, but we connected often via text...and discovered we were kindred spirits.
I'm very sad to hear that Ed has passed.
May he Rest-In-Peace.
Remember our not to be named chat group?

My sister in law had a house on Peach lake in the late 80's/early 90's. Nice setting. Wonder if they knew him.

I just discovered this thread and was saddened reading his obit. I did not know Ed. He died way too soon. His legacy is in all the kind words that all his friends here have left. I wish that I had met him. The world is a lesser place without him. RIP, Ed.

Back