RIP SJUFAN2

I remember that party at Mustang Sally’s. RIP Ed. You will be missed.
For me that’s kinda like ground zero where everything really started when we all met and you walk in not knowing anyone literally almost none of us had met and you walk out with lifelong friends. All because Paul created this site and Like Amase had mentioned how he feels like he knows people from their posts without having met them . I lost count of how many people I’ve met here but the one thing I can say is when you meet people from this site in person they are all awesome people. That’s why I kinda had to revise my Im done post because the friendships you make here are way more important than brutal basketball

In the close to 25 years of being a member here this is absolutely the hardest thing for me to say. Our friend SJUFAN2 passed away on tuesday. Moose was kind enough to let me know a couple hours ago. It was sudden and happened tuesday as he was unresponsive when his sister went to wake him up.

Back in the early years of redmen.com Mkras and I organized a party at Mustang Sallys and I forget but we must have had close to 50 members of the site show up. I'm relatively sure that's the first night I met Ed and we have been friends ever since. In those early years Ed,Moose Kranmars Myself and a bunch of others would be at the games and meet up at Sly Fox or after MSG etc and anyone who knew Ed personally knew what an all around awesome person and friend he was.

Just to show what type of guy he was when he took the job at a big payroll company setting up 401k plans with Financial Advisors etc I had told him a problem my client was having with his company. Ed was never going to get paid on this plan and it wasn't even his and he would never even get credit with his company for helping but he worked on it got the right people involved and fixed the issues. He didnt just stop there. He got the payroll company to move my client into a higher tier plan. The only reason he did this was because he was a friend and that's the type of guy Ed was.

Ed you will be missed greatly my friend. I'm a better person for having known you and lucky to have had you as a friend
Sounds like a great guy Mike…I am sorry to hear of his passing and your loss of a good friend

The one time I met Ed in person was at a restaurant bar right before a game at the Garden , I remember I had my kids with me and mjmaher and others were there just as mj said in the first post in the terribly sad thread.
Ed was a super bright guy and standup is an understatement as to his character. I remember there was a period where things got rough on the board and he let me know privately that he would resign as a mod and stop posting. I called him and had a long talk with him letting him know that it is great that he is acknowledging that he doesn’t like some of his posts and practically begged him to take a little break and to come back when he felt better, less angry, lord knows it happens to many of us. Happily Ed listened and came back a while later and the collective we and this board are better off for it.
We lived in different countries and only met once in person but spoke a few times a year and not just about Bball but many a topic. Ed was a great listener and conversationalist. My life was enriched as a result of my acquaintance with Ed.
May you rest in peace dear friend.

The one time I met Ed in person was at a restaurant bar right before a game at the Garden , I remember I had my kids with me and mjmaher and others were there just as mj said in the first post in the terribly sad thread.
Ed was a super bright guy and standup is an understatement as to his character. I remember there was a period where things got rough on the board and he let me know privately that he would resign as a mod and stop posting. I called him and had a long talk with him letting him know that it is great that he is acknowledging that he doesn’t like some of his posts and practically begged him to take a little break and to come back when he felt better, less angry, lord knows it happens to many of us. Happily Ed listened and came back a while later and the collective we and this board are better off for it.
We lived in different countries and only met once in person but spoke a few times a year and not just about Bball but many a topic. Ed was a great listener and conversationalist. My life was enriched as a result of my acquaintance with Ed.
May you rest in peace dear friend.
Tir Na Nog was the bar and I remember the exact story you told. He never wanted to be a phony I’m glad he stayed as a mod too. He was even handed friend or not all he wanted was what’s best for the board. There were times he’d call me to warn me because there were a couple times I went to the dark side with anger but it was more like “ Maher I love you like a brother but ease up on the Anti Norm or Anti Mullin stuff “ and that’s exactly why I’d never be a good moderator because you can’t be a good one and break the rules

In the close to 25 years of being a member here this is absolutely the hardest thing for me to say. Our friend SJUFAN2 passed away on tuesday. Moose was kind enough to let me know a couple hours ago. It was sudden and happened tuesday as he was unresponsive when his sister went to wake him up.

Back in the early years of redmen.com Mkras and I organized a party at Mustang Sallys and I forget but we must have had close to 50 members of the site show up. I'm relatively sure that's the first night I met Ed and we have been friends ever since. In those early years Ed,Moose Kranmars Myself and a bunch of others would be at the games and meet up at Sly Fox or after MSG etc and anyone who knew Ed personally knew what an all around awesome person and friend he was.

Just to show what type of guy he was when he took the job at a big payroll company setting up 401k plans with Financial Advisors etc I had told him a problem my client was having with his company. Ed was never going to get paid on this plan and it wasn't even his and he would never even get credit with his company for helping but he worked on it got the right people involved and fixed the issues. He didnt just stop there. He got the payroll company to move my client into a higher tier plan. The only reason he did this was because he was a friend and that's the type of guy Ed was.

Ed you will be missed greatly my friend. I'm a better person for having known you and lucky to have had you as a friend
I was also at that party. If I'm not mistaken, Niagara blew us out by more than 20. SJU2 kept his cool while I was losing it. Respect, Ed. You'll be missed.

I’m sooo sad to hear this. Ed was a great dude. Spent many a day at stout, molly wee amongst others talking SJU ball and more. He was a pillar of this Redmen.com family and sad to be without him. Rest in peace Ed. It was great knowing you as a friend and fan.

Thanks for starting this thread Mike.

I found out on Tuesday and I've been in a daze since then. We aren't the same age. We are at different points in life. But we had so much in common and shared interests. Ed and I talked every single day. While a big Dolphins fan he grew up in NY so always had Giants fans around him. He wished me and the Giants luck on Saturday. On Sunday we recapped the game and talked about the offseason. I texted him on Monday night something funny I saw on Twitter but sadly would never get a hearty laugh or response from that.

I don't think you could find bigger NFL Draftniks more than Ed and I. This time of year we would constantly be watching videos of NFL Draft prospects. We would literally count down the days until the NFL combine. I found myself multiple times this week seeing some videos on Twitter or draft articles I would text him but now I can't. I will without a question have a soft spot for the Phins now. They caused him quite a bit of angst. But I know he will still be watching. Watching the Yankees this year will be tough too. We met via this site. He shared season tickets with me for many years but chalk it up to the program and where it is but it seemed we talked about everything except SJU the past few years.

This post is so hard to write. I keep stopping to wipe away some tears. Ironically the first time I've cried since I got that horrible phone call. Ed was an amazing guy. He kept a pretty close circle of friends. But if you were in that circle you were entrenched in that circle. I wish we could have golfed one more time. He always begged me to play. I was always busy and kicking myself now.

Gonna miss you bud:cry:

Last edited:
Just reading your guys posts confirms what a great guy he must have been. My best memories of SJUFAN2, who I never had the pleasure of meeting, are the political conversations we had via pms. Clearly a gentleman who always spoke his mind and liked a good argument. It’s clear a lot of guys who knew him are hurting tonight. Bless him and all his red men.com buddies. I’ll miss his passionate and perceptive posts for sure. God bless him and his family.

I found out on Tuesday and I've been in a daze since then. We aren't the same age. We are at different points in life. But we had so much in common and shared interests. Ed and I talked every single day. While a big Dolphins fan he grew up in NY so always had Giants fans around him. He wished me and the Giants luck on Saturday. On Sunday we recapped the game and talked about the offseason. I texted him on Monday night something funny I saw on Twitter but sadly would never get a hearty laugh or response from that.

I don't think you could find bigger NFL Draftniks more than Ed and I. This time of year we would constantly be watching videos of NFL Draft prospects. We would literally count down the days until the NFL combine. I found myself multiple times this week seeing some videos on Twitter or draft articles I would text him but now I can't. I will without a question have a soft spot for the Phins now. They caused him quite a bit of angst. But I know he will still be watching. Watching the Yankees this year will be tough too. We met via this site. He shared season tickets with me for many years but chalk it up to the program and where it is but it seemed we talked about everything except SJU the past few years.

This post is so hard to write. I keep stopping to wipe away some tears. Ironically the first time I've cried since I got that horrible phone call. Ed was an amazing guy. He kept a pretty close circle of friends. But if you were in that circle you were entrenched in that circle. I wish we could have golfed one more time. He always begged me to play. I was always busy and kicking myself now.

Moose you were literally one of my first Redmen friends. My guess was you and mkras arranging the party

we joked because I grew up a charger fan and giant fan it’s worse than living. Well I lived longer tjsn his dolphins ( he had a sick sense of humor )

I knd f’dul
M

perfectly said

SUCH SAD NEWS. NEVER MET ED BUT READING THESE POSTS MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I HAD. PRAYERS AND MORE PRAYERS FOR HIS SOUL MAY IT FIND ETERNAL PEACE IN HEAVEN, AND PRAYERS FOR HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS. ANOTHER "GOOD GUY" GONE TOO SOON.

I know ed closely followed the yankees. I hope ed has been talking to thurman in the big ball orchard in the sky..

Ed was a good, no great, man. Some of you might not have agreed with his politics, but he really cared so much about everything. He wanted the best for everyone and truly was a standup guy. Goodbye my brother, I'll be lighting more than one candle for you at Mass this weekend. My tears are flowing for you. Rest in peace. Rich
Who cares about his politics, I couldn’t stand his choice of football team🥴

Again RIP

Back