Rick Pitino - Head Coach at St John’s University!!!

"Zuby & Sadiku have improved immensely since last year. Zuby will play both the 4 & 5. Brady has gained 15 pounds and just needs to get into basketball shape. His shooting will be a big asset. Schedule is exciting, will be interesting to see who takes a leadership role. DJ was great at keeping the guys locked in."

I'm very high on Scott - as much as I loved Taylor, Scott should be a clear upgrade on the offensive end. Vince is the real wild card; I'm not counting on big minutes from him but if he is fully healthy and makes a jump he could really be a nice surprise.
Same. Like I posted earlier, when we wrapped up Scott and Smith we were finally able to run Pitino style team.

I liked Ledlum overall, but his switching on the perimeter was frequently an issue and good teams looked to get him matched up on a guard or wing over and over. You can’t do that with Scott.

I love the Rick tweets. Sometimes it's hard to tell if they are his versions of a press conference or just random thoughts like we have.
Will vary by the player. There are guys he needs to keep happy by dangling carrots in this unlimited transfer era.

For Zuby it’s clearly playing the 4.

For Vince it will be keeping him positive through limited minutes because he will be a matchup dependent play that will be needed against huge centers.

For Sadiku it’s keeping happy to pull out all his positive practice and off the court contributions and hopefully seeking him here for at least his redshirt junior year.

Brady and Sim is getting them ready for big roles this year and carrying the team next year.

Then there is the psychology angle we don’t love. Hindsight being 20/20, it seems making Zuby sound like Ben Wallace all offseason was predominately to impact Soriano and his lack of motor. He seems to beat up on his best players.

"Zuby & Sadiku have improved immensely since last year. Zuby will play both the 4 & 5. Brady has gained 15 pounds and just needs to get into basketball shape. His shooting will be a big asset. Schedule is exciting, will be interesting to see who takes a leadership role. DJ was great at keeping the guys locked in."
Whose quote?

Back