Rick Pitino - Head Coach at St John’s University!!!

This is the big thing right here. I almost didn’t even want to worry about the offense until we nailed down the defense and athleticism.

We got hardly any easy points last year and getting easy points is the backbone of any Pitino team.

It’s why I am not in the Kesean Pryor hype train. The two biggest issues from last season besides lack of chemistry were defending the 1 and not having a 4 that could switch fluidly. We fixed that with Smith and Scott and added Richmond as well.

Let Pitino work with Vince the Prince to start blocking shots and we can switch 1-4 and suffocate teams with pressure, traps, and deflections that result in a layup line.
How about the lack of "switch fluidity" at the 5 last year?

4 of those games were against historically bad Georgetown and DePaul and one was against the the team we we matched up with best. Stop pretending they improved.
Eh FWIW 3 were against those teams. Wins against Creighton, Hall, and at Butler. We were 100% playing better. Does that mean we were improved? I guess theres not way to answer that definitively if you want to argue one way or the other.

Eh FWIW 3 were against those teams. Wins against Creighton, Hall, and at Butler. We were 100% playing better. Does that mean we were improved? I guess theres not way to answer that definitively if you want to argue one way or the other.

If a blow out of Creighton and Seton Hall who previously blew us out is not improvement then I don’t know what is.

Only one pretending here is you

everyone raised their level of play during that stretch with the exception of maybe Soriano who still gave us a good game against Hall in the BET
Information I was given was that around Christmas time Soriano suffered a meniscus tear but was convinced to play through it. This would explain his fall off in play after a good start to the season when we all thought he became less aggressive. Joel deserves even more kudos for gutting it out and playing through an injury.

Information I was given was that around Christmas time Soriano suffered a meniscus tear but was convinced to play through it. This would explain his fall off in play after a good start to the season when we all thought he became less aggressive. Joel deserves even more kudos for gutting it out and playing through an injury.
If true, I agree with you, 100%

Butler was awful. I honestly don’t know how they beat anyone but DePaul and Georgetown. Those three teams formed the weakest trio in league history IMO.

We all identified the end of the season as the time to cash in on wins back in September. If we played Marquette and UConn 4x, the narrative would be different.

If we played those cupcakes at the beginning of the season, the narrative would be different too.

We were the exact same team all year IMO. The best we looked all year was the road game against UConn around Christmas.

Butler was awful. I honestly don’t know how they beat anyone but DePaul and Georgetown. Those three teams formed the weakest trio in league history IMO.

We all identified the end of the season as the time to cash in on wins back in September. If we played Marquette and UConn 4x, the narrative would be different.

If we played those cupcakes at the beginning of the season, the narrative would be different too.

We were the exact same team all year IMO. The best we looked all year was the road game against UConn around Christmas.
Butler beat Marquette and creighton both on the road. Best Boise st by 14 and Texas tech by 8. You love to make statements like this.

I don’t get what’s so tough about saying we were improved at the end of the season. You brought up the uconn game earlier in the season. They didn’t have Clingan. Our last game of the year we played them better than ANY team they saw in the months of March or April.

Last edited:
Butler beat Marquette and creighton both on the road. Best Boise st by 14 and Texas tech by 8. You love to make statements like this.

I don’t get what’s so tough about saying we were improved at the end of the season. You brought up the uconn game earlier in the season. They didn’t have Clingan. Our last game of the year we played them better than ANY team they saw in the months of March or April.
We weren’t improved, that’s why. We had Creighton beat on the road in January until Jenkins choked 3 possessions in a row.

We lost 69-65 @ Uconn in December. Clingan barely played against us the next two games. He had a total of 11 pts and 11 minutes in two games.

Flip the schedule and we could have easily ended 1-5 or 2-4. EVERYONE looked at the end of our schedule and said that’s where we need to cash in on wins.

Even when we were in the tough schedule phase and fans were too negative I posted we look the same as when we were winning.

Attachments

• IMG_3634.jpeg
    IMG_3634.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 13
We weren’t improved, that’s why. We had Creighton beat on the road in January until Jenkins choked 3 possessions in a row.

We lost 69-65 @ Uconn in December. Clingan barely played against us the next two games. He had a total of 11 pts and 11 minutes in two games.

Flip the schedule and we could have easily ended 1-5 or 2-4. EVERYONE looked at the end of our schedule and said that’s where we need to cash in on wins.

Even when we were in the tough schedule phase and fans were too negative I posted we look the same as when we were winning.
Oh man we are all fvcked now that you figured out this feature😂

Good work you get credit for not getting down after losses. Doesnt mean we weren’t a better team at the end of the year. Sounds like you had this idea all along and will just stick to it.

Clingan had 11 points and 11 boards which I’m sure is what you meant. His stats aren’t what makes him who he is though and you know that’s the case. You can’t be the smartest and then play stupid to help your argument though. Thats my move.

Bama scoop fan

Oh man we are all fvcked now that you figured out this feature😂

Good work you get credit for not getting down after losses. Doesnt mean we weren’t a better team at the end of the year. Sounds like you had this idea all along and will just stick to it.

Clingan had 11 points and 11 boards which I’m sure is what you meant. His stats aren’t what makes him who he is though and you know that’s the case. You can’t be the smartest and then play stupid to help your argument though. Thats my move.
You guys are screwed now ;)

Rebounds are what I meant with the second 11, but I missed by edit window. I would 100% agree that Clingan doesn't need stats to make an impact, but he does need to be on the floor. He only played a combined 35 minutes in those two games.

I actually think that Soriano was one of the toughest matchups for him all year. Soriano was very comfortable around the FT line and very strong physically. It was the centers that could pull him out further where the damage happened to us.

Close losses mean very little to me. If it comes down to a last second shot, then maybe. It also goes both ways...we had two very close wins against a historically bad Georgetown team late in the season. Off the top of my head it was 4 and 8 point differences? I didn't feel for a second that either game was ever truly in doubt.

Back