Ranking Watch (NET, Kenpom, etc.)

NET is always completely screwed up when it's first released. It's really not enough games played yet to properly rank everyone.

For example... Sam Houston has played 5 Division 1 games, and 3 Division 2 games, and currently has a NET of #7. They are not the 7th best team in the nation.

The NET a month from now is going to look completely different than it does now. Teams are going to be jumping around by 20 - 30 points after each game.

Also, here's some notable SOS rankings by the NET provided by Jeff Goodman

245. Indiana
258. St. John's
267. Maryland
272. Iowa
273. Texas
287. TCU
294. Auburn
331. Arizona State
344. Missouri
349. Notre Dame

Texas has played 2 AP top 10 teams in 6 games and has a SOS of 273, obviously that isn't accurate either.
Nope. Cue the Chicken Littles.

I can’t you guys with agendas. Don’t say you’re just fans either. Bull💩

I feel like the fact Nebraska went into Creighton and won only bodes well for us.

Also Temple seems like they are really getting it together since they left Brooklyn. 3-0 including a win over VCU.

From Zach………….

The first NET rankings are out and St. John’s is # 71

Seven of the nine games are Quad 3 or lower

NET strength of schedule is 245

Three opponents ranked 348 0r lower

Big East has only one team…UConn…in top 30

We're 6th out of the 11 Big East teams, but we're ranked closer to second-place Creighton (38 spot difference) than we are to 7th place Seton Hall (50 spot difference).

I feel like the fact Nebraska went into Creighton and won only bodes well for us.

Also Temple seems like they are really getting it together since they left Brooklyn. 3-0 including a win over VCU.
All that will definitely help Jack. Let’s hope that Syracuse has success in conference.

Minor NET boost for us but nice win for UNH@BC tonight. Also Temple (6-4) enjoying a 4G streak after tonight’s B5 win over St. Joe’s.
Boston College is a complete dumpster fire still woof. It’s only year two for Earl Grant but his job can’t be very safe. Lost to Maine and UNH already this year. The bottom of the ACC is just brutal

Temple @ UPenn - 1pm Saturday
Syracuse vs Georgetown - 1pm Saturday
Nebraska vs #4 Purdue - 2:15pm Saturday
DePaul vs UTEP - 6:30 pm Saturday

No.
I'm in the 12 BE wins camp (with 1 of those 12 vs UConn/Xavier/Creighton). 23-9 -> Friday Night appearance in the BE Tourney.... otherwise- we are on the outside looking in.
I would think over 500 in BE gets us in
Would think go 0-4 under any scenario against UConn and Creighton

Back