Ranking Watch (NET, Kenpom, etc.)

Georgetown eventually will pick someone off. Wonder how much pressure teams feel playing them not wanting to be the first to lose to them in the last two seasons which would probably bring a lot of underserved ridicule.
I agree. G'town looked pretty good to me against 'Nova, and Jordan Riley looks like a player.

And DePaul beat X last night. Not meaning to sound too trite, but the conference is always a dog fight. As long as we continue to win games we're not expected to against the top teams, we will get opportunities to improve the NET. And, of course, we cannot let up against the supposed bottom feeders as they can prove to be dangerous too.

Last edited:
All of last nights wild turns with our resulted opponents to date neutralized our ranking heading into tomorrow night (78)—

Latest NET (Thursday AM):

• Hall up 4 spots to 61 they are in position
  • X down 5 spots to 22
  • UConn unreal still at 7
  • Nebraska up 4 spots 88
  • Nova 101, Cuse 108, Temple 146
  • DePaul jumped 12 spots to 155

I agree. G'town looked pretty good to me against 'Nova, and Jordan Riley looks like a player.

And DePaul beat X last night. Not meaning to sound too trite, but the conference is always a dog fight. As long as we continue to win games we're not expected to against the top teams, we will get opportunities to improve the NET. And, of course, we cannot let up against the supposed bottom feeders as they can prove to be dangerous too.
We always find a way to lose to Georgetown at least once. They will play us just like Nova did. Ugly Rock fight.

FWIW, and mostly for my enlightenment, I do not understand the quad stuff. After wins against PC and UConn, the NCAA net rankings show us with a record of 1-7 in Quad 1. How is either of those victories not a Quad 1 win?

FWIW, and mostly for my enlightenment, I do not understand the quad stuff. After wins against PC and UConn, the NCAA net rankings show us with a record of 1-7 in Quad 1. How is either of those victories not a Quad 1 win?
Quad 1 only applies to teams in the top 30 of the NET in home games. Providence is 40th in the NET

To get a Quad 1 win at home the opponent has to be top 30 NET. Providence is below that. Currently they are 40. Neutral site would be top 50 and road is too 75.

Back