Rangers 23-24

Maybe next year, same ole every year.
Next chance to end the draught in NY, will be the Yanks in October.

Next big sporting event will be Copa America, wish we had a shot at winning that.

Just sucks another year! Florida was the better team. Cannot run it back next year, need to make some changes the 🥖 man can go!

Another example of the Curse Of Dolan. Until he sells Knicks and Rangers, we are doomed to failure because of that obnoxious SOB who was given everything and never earned anything. I am happy for the Panthers and their self-made owner. Vinnie Violo is a Brooklyn guy who went to Loughlin HS and West Point and after serving our country, he founded a successful business and also got involved with horse racing with his own stable and some successful partnerships with another self-made guy, our own Mike Repole. Vinnie has not forgotten West Point and his fellow veterans and is very engaged in programs to help them (I know someone who has benefitted from Vinnie's support).

I am going to root for Vinnie's team to take home the Cup.

Another example of the Curse Of Dolan. Until he sells Knicks and Rangers, we are doomed to failure because of that obnoxious SOB who was given everything and never earned anything. I am happy for the Panthers and their self-made owner. Vinnie Violo is a Brooklyn guy who went to Loughlin HS and West Point and after serving our country, he founded a successful business and also got involved with horse racing with his own stable and some successful partnerships with another self-made guy, our own Mike Repole. Vinnie has not forgotten West Point and his fellow veterans and is very engaged in programs to help them (I know someone who has benefitted from Vinnie's support).

I am going to root for Vinnie's team to take home the Cup.
Both the Knicks and Rangers have an open checkbook…its been a while since he personally got involved in the team management…and MSG is a top notch venue…I dont get the personal animus for Dolan

Both the Knicks and Rangers have an open checkbook…its been a while since he personally got involved in the team management…and MSG is a top notch venue…I dont get the personal animus for Dolan
Both sports have a salary cap so open checkbook doesn’t really come into play like the old days.

Both sports have a salary cap so open checkbook doesn’t really come into play like the old days.
I guess I meant he doesn’t pinch pennies. So, those making the personnel decisions seem to have what they need.

The personal animus is because he is a self-centered POS who has been given everything and not built it. He does not care about the teams. Look at his treatment of Charles Oakley. I know someone who was a passionate Knicks fan with 2 front row seats (by the scorer's table) who was on a NFP board with him. Dolan would walk past him at the games like he did not exist. Players do not necessarily want to join the Knicks. Brunson came on board after his father was hired (a Whitehead deal like the Hall).

The personal animus is because he is a self-centered POS who has been given everything and not built it. He does not care about the teams. Look at his treatment of Charles Oakley. I know someone who was a passionate Knicks fan with 2 front row seats (by the scorer's table) who was on a NFP board with him. Dolan would walk past him at the games like he did not exist. Players do not necessarily want to join the Knicks. Brunson came on board after his father was hired (a Whitehead deal like the Hall).
I know I’ve said this before but I bartended in midtown for almost 2 decades and had regulars that worked for MSG, RCMH, the Beacon, etc and I’ve heard not one good thing about him. Stories I would never believe, but I do because I trusted the source; they’re just so outlandish but sound completely in tune with the kind of person he supposedly is. And, I’ve heard the compete opposite when it came to the dad. For the record.

I know I’ve said this before but I bartended in midtown for almost 2 decades and had regulars that worked for MSG, RCMH, the Beacon, etc and I’ve heard not one good thing about him. Stories I would never believe, but I do because I trusted the source; they’re just so outlandish but sound completely in tune with the kind of person he supposedly is. And, I’ve heard the compete opposite when it came to the dad. For the record.
NM.

Chris Drury appears ready for Rangers shakeup this offseason: ‘Nothing’s off the table’​

Whatever they do, they need to get bigger and stronger.
Carolina even out played them, the difference in that series was Igor.

For the Rangers, you have to think back to game 4 against Florida. Up 2-1 in the series, that game was there for the taking in the third period.

Oh well, sucks seeing how close the rangers really were, I think they beat Edmonton in 5-6 off the goalie advantage alone

For the Rangers, you have to think back to game 4 against Florida. Up 2-1 in the series, that game was there for the taking in the third period.

Oh well, sucks seeing how close the rangers really were, I think they beat Edmonton in 5-6 off the goalie advantage alone
I’m not a Rangers fan but I do feel your pain a bit. The 2nd ECF against Tampa for us, losing 1-0 on a SH goal in game 7 with the very beatable Habs on deck, seemed like our year. It should have been our year, especially after dragging them to OT of Game 6 the year before.

But, this Panthers team is as well rounded a team I’ve seen in awhile, forwards to dmen to goalie. This team wasn’t losing a best-of-7 series to anybody. To me, Rangers need to shore up their blueline and need a little more consistency from their top players. As an Isles fan, that’s the two things that worry me in terms of you beating a team like Florida in a series.

I’m not a Rangers fan but I do feel your pain a bit. The 2nd ECF against Tampa for us, losing 1-0 on a SH goal in game 7 with the very beatable Habs on deck, seemed like our year. It should have been our year, especially after dragging them to OT of Game 6 the year before.

But, this Panthers team is as well rounded a team I’ve seen in awhile, forwards to dmen to goalie. This team wasn’t losing a best-of-7 series to anybody. To me, Rangers need to shore up their blueline and need a little more consistency from their top players. As an Isles fan, that’s the two things that worry me in terms of you beating a team like Florida in a series.

This panthers team is great, don't get me wrong, but I still wonder what could've been if Mika Zibanejad could have just put together one nice shot in this playoff run, and scored at the 8:30 mark of this video. Going up 3-1 would have at the very least guaranteed a game 7 at MSG. But alas, as you said, the lack of production from their top players is one of the main things that did them in, hence why Mika ripped this shot over the net, and we would lose in OT.

Hockey's brutal, because going deep in the playoffs means you should feel close to winning the cup, but going far also lets you see how many of your players can start to fold once you get to May/June. By the end there it was basically Igor, Trocheck and Laf trying to hold the whole thing together. Can't win that way.

Fun fact: Since their inception in 1992, the Tampa Bay Lightning are 6-0 in playoff series against the NYR/NYI combined. This includes FOUR conference finals series wins, and multiple game 7 wins as well. Our teams should try avoid those guys at all costs.

This panthers team is great, don't get me wrong, but I still wonder what could've been if Mika Zibanejad could have just put together one nice shot in this playoff run, and scored at the 8:30 mark of this video. Going up 3-1 would have at the very least guaranteed a game 7 at MSG. But alas, as you said, the lack of production from their top players is one of the main things that did them in, hence why Mika ripped this shot over the net, and we would lose in OT.

Hockey's brutal, because going deep in the playoffs means you should feel close to winning the cup, but going far also lets you see how many of your players can start to fold once you get to May/June. By the end there it was basically Igor, Trocheck and Laf trying to hold the whole thing together. Can't win that way.

Fun fact: Since their inception in 1992, the Tampa Bay Lightning are 6-0 in playoff series against the NYR/NYI combined. This includes FOUR conference finals series wins, and multiple game 7 wins as well. Our teams should try avoid those guys at all costs.

I can’t argue with your 2nd paragraph at all. The highs and lows of hockey (especially playoff hockey) are really something. You get so close, it takes such an effort just to get to the point of a Conference final and…then you gotta get back to that point the next season (and watch the team you lose to lift the damn trophy). It’s really not fair and I can’t even imagine how these players feel if we feel the way we do.

I don’t know which player but there was a picture of the Stars dressing room after they lost to Edmonton last week, and just one guy sitting there…crying. What a sad picture, I really felt for the guy.

Back