Podcasts and Videos ……

St. John’s is in a tailspin. There seems to be no stopping it. This is a solo podcast, with no substance no recap and just a stream of frustrated and exasperated thoughts. Unfortunately this is where we’re at. I’m sorry it’s depressing.

Very good interview with Zach Braziller on Talkin' Johnnies. I have no affiliation with the pod but a lot of interesting nuggets.

Some of them:
-- AJ Storr was asked to stay but wanted out
-- Omar Stanley wanted out
-- Has heard great things about Khaman Maker, one coach telling him he can be an immediate impact player on Day 1
-- Would be *shocked* if the team is not very good next year
-- They are targeting 1 big man who can defend the basket and 2 guards, "maybe a power forward"
-- The four guys to look to return are: Dunlap, Wilcher, Luis and Zuby. "Wouldn't be shocked to see 2 of them go" due to nature of the business.
-- Pitch for Wilcher to return would be part of a guard rotation

Only halfway through but thought all of this was interesting

Can we just once allow a kid come to campus with zero expectations as a Freshman and end up being a pleasant surprise rather than vice versa (not directing at you dk)
Ironic too because that whole thread has devolved into “should this guy still have a scholarship?” so he certainly had no expectations!

I will be really shocked if Maker is even half as good as that, but maybe his team really just does have the youngest and/or worst point guard ever.

But I guess if they are looking at two guards and one big, which is the opposite of what I thought, they must think he can contribute.

I will be really shocked if Maker is even half as good as that, but maybe his team really just does have the youngest and/or worst point guard ever.

But I guess if they are looking at two guards and one big, which is the opposite of what I thought, they must think he can contribute.
I'm assuming the 2 guards and one big are the marquee level guys they are targeting. Still going need 2-3 more bodies through the portal to fill out the roster. Would think one of those extra targets would be a serviceable stretch 4 type that may not be a massive name.

The recap of the Seton Hall loss, but really - all the quotes from Rick Pitino's scathing press conference that made headlines. We discuss what all this means and how it will impact this offseason and next year

Fun episode - Zach Braziller of the NY Post joins to discuss with us the St. John’s frustrating win over Georgetown, Zuby, Wilcher, Luis, Pitino’s apology, Mike Repole being all in, Sunday vs Creighton and Pitino’s white suit

Back