Oh here we go...

The people who pounded the table and want to whine about SJU and who never thought they would land Pitino are now showing their fake outrage over Anderson's lawsuit because they feel "embarrassed." Really?

You guys are going to hang your head in shame? Give me a break. You guys will find anything to whine about.

Ollie was fired for cause and that took 4 years to settle and he got $3.9 million. Not everything but a nice chunk.

And that is a public university who answers to taxpayers so if anyone should be embarrassed it should be them.

They are not. Went on for 4 years and it did not prevent Hurley from building a winner.

Seton Hall fired Bobby Gonzalez with cause, go look it up. They ended up settling on an amount out of court.

Stop pretending you are outraged.

Bottom line is this is a bit of a ploy by SJU to reduce the buyout. Been done 1000 times.

On a different note it is clear that Mike Anderson was just a bad fit. It was a shotgun marriage based on desperation.

Good for both that it ended.

Dude, you and others said sju was gonna pay the buyout. You can’t control how people react when we get blindsided with news that they are actually trying to side step the buyout.

I for one think this kinda sucks. Mike A wasn’t the right guy to lead this team moving forward.

But he was always a good guy imo. Pay him the money that we stupidly promised him then.

“you guys will find anything to whine about”

Yea well With St John’s you don’t have to look for very long

Sure it looks bad on the schools part. Seems like they were in a real hurry to fire Anderson but this is something that likely could have been worked out prior. I’m sure if they gave considerable number and not the full amount Anderson would have taken it.

Is the negative PR and legal fees worth it when it’s an uphill fight to prove? That being said the suspensions over the years and Demeo lawsuit could help. But still seems fruitless fight.
If we gave everyone a dose of truth serum including SJU people then we would all agree the main reason he was let go was because of performance.

But it is not unprecedented what SJU is doing and there maybe even some justification for it.

Dude, you and others said sju was gonna pay the buyout. You can’t control how people react when we get blindsided with news that they are actually trying to side step the buyout.

I for one think this kinda sucks. Mike A wasn’t the right guy to lead this team moving forward.

But he was always a good guy imo. Pay him the money that we stupidly promised him then.

“you guys will find anything to whine about”

Yea well With St John’s you don’t have to look for very long
I absolutely didn’t see this coming. Didn’t even hear a hint of it. Wish the school just paid him. Won’t stop Pitino from coming as he is bringing his own $ people. Pitino will be a net +$ factor for the school but regardless I wish the school just paid CMA to go away unless there was just something egregious behind the scenes but if there was I gotta believe it would have made it on this website at some point which I don’t think anything ever did other than DeMeo claims

The people who pounded the table and want to whine about SJU and who never thought they would land Pitino are now showing their fake outrage over Anderson's lawsuit because they feel "embarrassed." Really?

You guys are going to hang your head in shame? Give me a break. You guys will find anything to whine about.

Ollie was fired for cause and that took 4 years to settle and he got $3.9 million. Not everything but a nice chunk.

And that is a public university who answers to taxpayers so if anyone should be embarrassed it should be them.

They are not. Went on for 4 years and it did not prevent Hurley from building a winner.
Wrong. Kevin Ollie got $11 million for the wrongful termination. The $3.9 million was for his legal fees and reputational damage.

UConn and former head men’s basketball coach Kevin Ollie released a joint statement Wednesday stating that the school and State of Connecticut have awarded Ollie $3.9 million for “claimed reputational damages and attorney’s fees” related to his firing in March of 2018.

The $3.9 million payout is in addition to the $11,157,032.95 he received earlier this year in January for winning his arbitration case against UConn for wrongful termination.

I absolutely didn’t see this coming. Didn’t even hear a hint of it. Wish the school just paid him. Won’t stop Pitino from coming as he is bringing his own $ people. Pitino will be a net +$ factor for the school but regardless I wish the school just paid CMA to go away unless there was just something egregious behind the scenes but if there was I gotta believe it would have made it on this website at some point which I don’t think anything ever did other than DeMeo claims
I can guarantee that a lot of stuff that happened in the late 90s early 00s never made this site. I’m sure the same can be applied to modern day. Most schools do a good job of keeping things internally even with social media.

Wrong. Kevin Ollie got $11 million for the wrongful termination. The $3.9 million was for his legal fees and reputational damage.

UConn and former head men’s basketball coach Kevin Ollie released a joint statement Wednesday stating that the school and State of Connecticut have awarded Ollie $3.9 million for “claimed reputational damages and attorney’s fees” related to his firing in March of 2018.

The $3.9 million payout is in addition to the $11,157,032.95 he received earlier this year in January for winning his arbitration case against UConn for wrongful termination.
The bottom line is that each case stands on its own. There are cases the set precedent obviously, but until we know all the facts and exactly what SJU is claiming we really have no idea how much CMA’s case relates to Ollie’s case if at all.

Back