Oh here we go...

The school is going to pay Mike a lot of money. Do I think he was fired for cause, I do the team was dysfunctional and he wasn’t keeping the kids in line. And that’s all I could see from being outside of the daily runnings of the program. This is how business is run when the money is huge. He will settle and get on with his life. Or he will fight for every dollar because he will never get a head coaching job again. I am glad he is gone and it was the Xavier game where I came to the conclusion that a change needed to happen.
Agree that Xavier game showed us how not to coach. How the team wasn't listening .

The school is going to pay Mike a lot of money. Do I think he was fired for cause, I do the team was dysfunctional and he wasn’t keeping the kids in line. And that’s all I could see from being outside of the daily runnings of the program. This is how business is run when the money is huge. He will settle and get on with his life. Or he will fight for every dollar because he will never get a head coaching job again. I am glad he is gone and it was the Xavier game where I came to the conclusion that a change needed to happen.
"Cause" in the legal, contract sense does not usually mean simple non performance.

If there was ever something to worry about it would have been over promising and underdelivering on the NIL funding, and that was settled ago.

Not this.

Agree that Xavier game showed us how not to coach. How the team wasn't listening .
The Xavier game turned me...and I'm sure others...around on whether CMA was our coach of the future. I thought Cragg should have been fired for the gaudy ten million dollar buyout contract. I still think Cragg should be fired...for making the school look bad for having to weasel out of that deal. Don't tell me the players weren't listening...so you should be fired for cause. Any teacher will tell you not every student listens. Any manager will tell you there are workers who don't listen. It's not always on the teachers or managers. We all know this "for cause" allegation is crap. We'll move on while the reputation of a good man is smeared. Sad.

The Xavier game turned me...and I'm sure others...around on whether CMA was our coach of the future. I thought Cragg should have been fired for the gaudy ten million dollar buyout contract. I still think Cragg should be fired...for making the school look bad for having to weasel out of that deal. Don't tell me the players weren't listening...so you should be fired for cause. Any teacher will tell you not every student listens. Any manager will tell you there are workers who don't listen. It's not always on the teachers or managers. We all know this "for cause" allegation is crap. We'll move on while the reputation of a good man is smeared. Sad.
So its ok firing Cragg for cause but not Anderson? Trying to follow the logic there. BTW, I agree if Cragg was the final decision on that extension (don't believe he was) that he should be fired. I think both did a lousy job, no issues with either being let go. BTW, no issue with Anderson filling a lawsuit, that's out these things play out in the grown up world. Don't get that the reputation of a good man is smeared, that's just sentimental BS.

Whatever happened with DeMeo's lawsuit? Feel like school needs to be careful here or DeMeo could point to CMA being fired with cause and tie his own gripe to it.

*Admittedly not a great legal mind here.😁

Last edited:
Agree, the players didn't give up on Mike losing 2 games to Marquette by 4 points, proved that. Can't believe Xavier huddle fiasco can be used as an excuse. Pay the man and move on.

I really want Pitino because love him as a coach. Also like him as a person what with that great urinal conversation lol
But do people think that this will cause him to change his mind? Seriously of all the legitimate reasons for him to reconsider, this won’t be one of them.

Sure it looks bad on the schools part. Seems like they were in a real hurry to fire Anderson but this is something that likely could have been worked out prior. I’m sure if they gave considerable number and not the full amount Anderson would have taken it.

Is the negative PR and legal fees worth it when it’s an uphill fight to prove? That being said the suspensions over the years and Demeo lawsuit could help. But still seems fruitless fight.

Sure it looks bad on the schools part. Seems like they were in a real hurry to fire Anderson but this is something that likely could have been worked out prior. I’m sure if they gave considerable number and not the full amount Anderson would have taken it.

Is the negative PR and legal fees worth it when it’s an uphill fight to prove? That being said the suspensions over the years and Demeo lawsuit could help. But still seems fruitless fight.
There could be even more that we do not know about, which may make it financially worthwhile.

A short term PR hit (to save a couple of million dollars) will be long forgotten once Pitino starts to put the pieces of the program together.

All the guessing about this and that can be responded to using the lyric from an old Charlie Rich song--"No one knows what goes on behing closed doors".

American law is all about suing someone. His attorney probably gets a contingency fee on anything CMA wins in arbitration.

Back