NY FOOTBALL GIANTS ‘22-‘23

Giants regressed in the game. The Birds playing at their healthiest showed why they are the class of the NFC. Eagle's offensive line dominated the game and they finally have Goedert back at TE. (PS-for transparency, I am a fan of The Birds)
Giants may have some signing issues this offseason with Barkley and Jones. I still say they will not go far with a QB from Duke. Hurts mean while played at football powerhouses, Bama and Oklahoma and made 1st team All SEC and All Big 12.

Giants over delivered this season. Great coach and staff. I hope the addition/subtraction game this off season goes well.

haha he's a funny guy, maybe he's worth 35mill tops, but wants more then 45mill? hahaha yeah I want things also, only problem is I'll never get it.

Just tag him.
I would be angry at my agent if they didn’t start high. It will eventually get done as the deadline approaches.

Both sides want a deal.

I would be angry at my agent if they didn’t start high. It will eventually get done as the deadline approaches.

Both sides want a deal.
Yeah, we all know the game. Start 10-12mill more then I'm worth and when all is said and done maybe I'll get 5-6mill more then I'm worth.
If anything I'd give 1-2million more then he's worth. You're still complaining? Ok, you're getting tagged.

Yeah, we all know the game. Start 10-12mill more then I'm worth and when all is said and done maybe I'll get 5-6mill more then I'm worth.
If anything I'd give 1-2million more then he's worth. You're still complaining? Ok, you're getting tagged.

Agree but ideally they sign him for less than the franchise tag so they can save the for Saquon if necessary.

Agree but ideally they sign him for less than the franchise tag so they can save the for Saquon if necessary.
I would move in from Barkley. As good as he was, he is a running back with a major injury.

I would rather save that money for upgrade somewhere else.

Here are the franchise tag numbers for 2022, as released by the NFL on March 7. Quarterback $29,703,000
If it going up to say roughly 32mill for 2023, that's still less then 35mill that some so called experts say he's valued at.
I'd rather give him a 4yr deal at 35mill per.

I'd tag Barkley, he stayed healthy last year, tag him and see if he can stay healthy again.
If so then you got a big decision to make next off season, if he gets injured then there's nothing to think about, he's gone.

$40M per year for a QB from Duke--MEH! Pat Mehomes is a steal at $45M! Real steal is Jalen Hurts at $1.5M; still on rookie contract and not free agent until 2025
Except it isn’t $40 million per season. It is all about guaranteed/signing bonus which is stretched over the course of the contract.

For example, this upcoming season Jones will count $19 million against the cap.

Back