NY FOOTBALL GIANTS ‘22-‘23

I am a Jet fan but I watch a lot of the Giants games. Barkley looked great and the new coach wasn't scared unlike Saleh. Soft schedule will keep Giants in the playoff hunt. Prescott injury didn’t hurt either.

It's amazing how they are overacheiving. The bubble might burst because they are playing above their level but its refreshing to see. And shows that Schoen and Daboll are the goods. Once they can get out of the cap and roster mess that Gettleman left hopefully they get some game changers.

Will also make for interesting off-season with Barkley set to be a FA.

A question for giant fans. Did gettleman maybe not suck so bad as a drafter and Joe Judge really just suck as a coach? Dabol (who I wanted for the Jets last year) seems to be getting the most out of the hold overs, especially on defense. Barkley has been reborn. I hope they keep it going and I hope the jets and Giants both suprise a lot of people this year. The only thing I am pissed about the giants beating the cheese heads is we have to play them next week and Rodgers is going to be PISSSSEEEDDD

A question for giant fans. Did gettleman maybe not suck so bad as a drafter and Joe Judge really just suck as a coach? Dabol (who I wanted for the Jets last year) seems to be getting the most out of the hold overs, especially on defense. Barkley has been reborn. I hope they keep it going and I hope the jets and Giants both suprise a lot of people this year. The only thing I am pissed about the giants beating the cheese heads is we have to play them next week and Rodgers is going to be PISSSSEEEDDD

It's interesting question. Higher the pick though the easier it is to draft a solid player.

His first draft was '18. He drafted Barkley #2 overall. All the gold jacket comments. Sure he's great but an RB at #2 in terms of positional value. The talk was could he have taken someone else at the spot and changed the franchise fortune (ie QB, OT, etc). Nobody else in that draft has amounted to anything.

In '19 he had stacked picks in 1st round. Jones, Lawrence and Deandre Baker who was a bust and he actually traded up to get. Love in the 4th was solid and Slayton in 5th has overperformed you can say.

In '20 he got heat for picking Andrew Thomas but that's paid off after a rough first year. McKinney was a steal at the start of 2nd round. After that nothing of value

In '21 Toney has been a bust. Ojulari is promising and nothing else after that.

Now when it comes to free agents and/or kicking the can down the road with re-structures thats what has dug the Giants the hole they are in right now.

If you saw Barkley play at Penn State, you could appreciate the draft pick. He was a marvel in college.

It's interesting question. Higher the pick though the easier it is to draft a solid player.

His first draft was '18. He drafted Barkley #2 overall. All the gold jacket comments. Sure he's great but an RB at #2 in terms of positional value. The talk was could he have taken someone else at the spot and changed the franchise fortune (ie QB, OT, etc). Nobody else in that draft has amounted to anything.

The 2018 draft definitely did not live up to its hype and, when considering the top three picks (Mayfield, Barkley, Darnold), we got the best of that group. That said, 12 of the top 20 picks have gone to the pro bowl at positions harder to fill than RB. The most prominent is Josh Allen, who was selected 7th by the Bills.

The 2018 draft definitely did not live up to its hype and, when considering the top three picks (Mayfield, Barkley, Darnold), we got the best of that group. That said, 12 of the top 20 picks have gone to the pro bowl at positions harder to fill than RB. The most prominent is Josh Allen, who was selected 7th by the Bills.
For clarity I meant no other Giants drafted amounted to anything in that draft. But as for the QB class, yes only Allen turned out good. Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen all mediocre or train wrecks.

Back