NCAA Tournament

And not a stretch to think we might get two into the Elite 8 with Creighton - Princeton and UCONN - Arkansas both very winnable games.
Creighton and UConn were both top five in KenPom before the tournament. Which is why I picked them in my two pools. UConn already manhandled Bama. And I really think the BE is the second best conference at the top. If not the best

and the unnecessarily overrated Big 10 sending only 1 of their 8 teams, Mich St, on to the second weekend.
this an annual occurrence with the B10, selection committee overrates them. Mid Majors have shown they can compete with the Big Boys, want to see more of them invited.

Upset Era.

https://www.theringer.com/march-mad...-2023-ncaa-tournament-march-madness-princeton

We are in college basketball’s Upset Era. In the first 27 years after the NCAA introduced the 64-team format for the men’s NCAA tournament, zero 16-seeds beat 1-seeds, and just four 15-seeds knocked off 2-seeds. But in the past 11 tournaments, we’ve seen two 16-over-1 upsets and seven 15-over-2 victories. Lower seeds are also going on deeper tourney runs than ever: 11 of the 16 Final Four appearances by teams seeded seventh or lower have happened since 2010.

Back