Nate blue

We're lucky to have Nate Blue in our corner. Anyone that spits in his face like Boo clearly isn't a fan of this program. It's time Boo was shown the door here. 

I follow Nate on twitter, mainly because he was always retweeted by people I followed and was usually talking about Moe. I have done some research on him just to know exactly what his impact on college bball and St. John's was, other than knowing Moe. While you all think I am the most negative, skeptical fan in the world, since day 1 I have always considered Nate to be really good for the program. He seems to have insight that none of us have just by his proximity to the players and coaches. He also seems to promote SJU and be a fan of Lavin (although he promotes other schools as well, such as Cuse, but i guess that is his job). My 2 comments/questions (neutral comments for you waiting to jump on me) are what exactly does he do other than promote high school kids? Is that his actual job, I know he coached AAU, does he still? (If someone answered earlier in this thread I didn't read every post.

Also, what makes him different than other people who promote hs kids. It seems from his twitter he is a real cool, chill guy that wouldn't jeopardize a kids future, but want to make sure from posters who know him that he isn't like that. Hopefully he steers Moe the right way, which is to stay.

I also do think he reads this site,since his twitter comments mentioned people knocking the kids and Dunlap. I took that as a direct tweet to me and other fellow redmen.comers. So if you read this Nate I hope you know that behind all my negative comments I love this team and program and I wish the kids success and still support them of course.

Ok mods, seriously. I'm not one to call you guys out because you do a terrific job running this site, but enough is enough already with this boo harvey troll. Can we please get rid of him and get this great site back.

We're lucky to have Nate Blue in our corner. Anyone that spits in his face like Boo clearly isn't a fan of this program. It's time Boo was shown the door here. 

Before showing me the door, please elaborate about what it is that Nate blue contributes. I raise a perfectly fair question for discussion and instead I get more venom spewed from marillac, "class" of 72 and dinkinswho apparently jointly operate a patent for being a fan of the program. Are you guys capable of an intelligent debate? Explain your position. What benefit do these advisors confer upon the program and the kids?

Before showing me the door, please elaborate about what it is that Nate blue contributes. I raise a perfectly fair question for discussion and instead I get more venom spewed from marillac, "class" of 72 and dinkinswho apparently jointly operate a patent for being a fan of the program. Are you guys capable of an intelligent debate? Explain your position. What benefit do these advisors confer upon the program and the kids?

You're a troll. Plenty of people have given you perfectly reasonable, articulate, respectful, and intelligent responses, yet you still find a way to criticize everything us "kool aid drinkers" say and make a complete ass of yourself. It's a waste of time to even respond to any of your nonsense anymore. You, bobre, and a few others have made this site the worst I can ever remember it being. I'm glad this site opened its registration so that I was able to register, but many of these johnny-come-lately "fans" who have recently showed up with nothing but negativity are making this website unbearable. I'm not suggesting closing the registration, but something needs to be done to get rid of the trolls. You hijack every thread and post your crap presumably just to get a rise out of everyone and every single thread turns into a pissing match. There's no real St. John's basketball discussion anymore. Enough already, just get lost. You don't deserve the program that Lavin is turning St. John's into in the very near future.

What benefit do these advisors confer upon the program and the kids?

The benefit to the program should be pretty obvious. If Harkless has a great experience at St. John's, Nate won't be reluctant to have the next high-major kid he advises to put us on his short list.

As for how it benefits the kid, go ask Harkless. Or ask Nate next time you sit with him and Lavin in the skybox.

Resorting to personal attacks is a sign that you don't have any support for your positon.

Fair point but...

Although I don't know Nate personally, I tend to think of these kind of people as parasites...

Isn't that a personal attack?

Yes, I think my post can be construed as an attack on Nate Blue. I don't think my attack on Blue is analogous to Dinkins attack on me. Nate Blue is not a poster on this site (at least I don't think that he is) and I'm not attacking him simply because I disagree with his opinions. I'm the first to admit that I don't know Nate Blue and he may be a perfectly great guy. Unfortunately, there have been a number of instances in which "advisors" like Blue have taken advantage of kids and hurt programs..

But you are basing your opinion on never knowing him. I'm a financial advisor but since there are Bernie Madoff's out there abusing people that means all of us are bad ?

Dig yourself any deeper and you are going to end up in china

A final point -- and I'm not trying to be hyper-sensitive here -- but why did you feel the need to end your post by saying "dig yourself any deeper and you are going to end up in china?" Your post would have been just as strong without the last part.
  I got home from work and I was hungry so I was craving chinese food so it was on my mind. Now I know by your sensitivity you are jeremy lin and you played ball at harvard

You're a troll. Plenty of people have given you perfectly reasonable, articulate, respectful, and intelligent responses, yet you still find a way to criticize everything us "kool aid drinkers" say and make a complete ass of yourself. It's a waste of time to even respond to any of your nonsense anymore. You, bobre, and a few others have made this site the worst I can ever remember it being. I'm glad this site opened its registration so that I was able to register, but many of these johnny-come-lately "fans" who have recently showed up with nothing but negativity are making this website unbearable. I'm not suggesting closing the registration, but something needs to be done to get rid of the trolls. You hijack every thread and post your crap presumably just to get a rise out of everyone and every single thread turns into a pissing match. There's no real St. John's basketball discussion anymore. Enough already, just get lost. You don't deserve the program that Lavin is turning St. John's into in the very near future.

Are they really retiring your sleeveless shirt at the depaul game or was that a joke that I got in the email ?

Resorting to personal attacks is a sign that you don't have any support for your positon.

Fair point but...

Although I don't know Nate personally, I tend to think of these kind of people as parasites...

Isn't that a personal attack?

Yes, I think my post can be construed as an attack on Nate Blue. I don't think my attack on Blue is analogous to Dinkins attack on me. Nate Blue is not a poster on this site (at least I don't think that he is) and I'm not attacking him simply because I disagree with his opinions. I'm the first to admit that I don't know Nate Blue and he may be a perfectly great guy. Unfortunately, there have been a number of instances in which "advisors" like Blue have taken advantage of kids and hurt programs..

But you are basing your opinion on never knowing him. I'm a financial advisor but since there are Bernie Madoff's out there abusing people that means all of us are bad ?

Dig yourself any deeper and you are going to end up in china

A final point -- and I'm not trying to be hyper-sensitive here -- but why did you feel the need to end your post by saying "dig yourself any deeper and you are going to end up in china?" Your post would have been just as strong without the last part.
  I got home from work and I was hungry so I was craving chinese food so it was on my mind. Now I know by your sensitivity you are jeremy lin and you played ball at harvard

If only I were

Are they really retiring your sleeveless shirt at the depaul game or was that a joke that I got in the email ?

Hahaha which email? My buddy said yesterday while we were at Seton Hall that he was gonna make a facebook event for Senior Night and have everyone wear sleeveless shirts. Retiring the sleeveless shirt was a joke but that would be pretty hilarious. They'd need a pretty big case to be able to fit that shirt :lol:

Hahaha which email? My buddy said yesterday while we were at Seton Hall that he was gonna make a facebook event for Senior Night and have everyone wear sleeveless shirts. Retiring the sleeveless shirt was a joke but that would be pretty hilarious. They'd need a pretty big case to be able to fit that shirt :lol:

haa I got it on Facebook. totally thought it was real. lol

BTW, getting back to Nate's tweet this morning, anyone else notice he mentioned Moe's been battling the flu.

Maybe I missed it, but that was the first I heard of that. Hopefully he's feeling better and getting back to %100.

So i woke up this morning and the first thing i did was read this whole thread.. I can certainly say that i wish i had the last 10 minutes of my life back.. All this back and forth because one poster made baseless claims .. Nate is a good dude.. end of story.  

Back