Nate blue

0465051383.jpg
All I read out of it is that Moe might be going pro 

LOL The guy is practically a troll.

Here we go again with the "T" word. Resorting to personal attacks is a sign that you don't have any support for your positon. First, I'm not a big fan of the Nate Blues of the world. Although I don't know Nate personally, I tend to think of these kind of people as parasites who are interested in advancing their own agenda more than they are that of the kids or the program. Second, I didn't take away any great insight from his tweets. He didn't say anything that you haven't said Dinkins. I know that Nate purports to have an "inside" relationship with these kids, but I'm not sure he knows more about the program than any of us.

He's tweeted of picture of a recent road game that he watched WITH LAVIN. I don't think posters here can make that claim.

He's here to stir up trouble. Quite frankly, he's a troll (yes, the "T" word again). Heck! He could even be a fan of a rival school (as, Marillac suggested).

That's not even worthy of a response. You're better than that Dinkins, I know you are. For the last time, this site is a place for SJU fans to exprss themselves. I obviously tend to see things very differently than you and Marillac. If you disagree with what I have to say, you have one of two choices: you can either disagree and explain why or you can ignore me. Resorting to personal attacks or concocting some convoluted story about me being a fan of another school weakens the credibility of anything you have to say.

0465051383.jpg

Here we go again with the "T" word. Resorting to personal attacks is a sign that you don't have any support for your positon. First, I'm not a big fan of the Nate Blues of the world. Although I don't know Nate personally, I tend to think of these kind of people as parasites who are interested in advancing their own agenda more than they are that of the kids or the program. Second, I didn't take away any great insight from his tweets. He didn't say anything that you haven't said Dinkins. I know that Nate purports to have an "inside" relationship with these kids, but I'm not sure he knows more about the program than any of us.

He's tweeted of picture of a recent road game that he watched WITH LAVIN. I don't think posters here can make that claim.

He's here to stir up trouble. Quite frankly, he's a troll (yes, the "T" word again). Heck! He could even be a fan of a rival school (as, Marillac suggested).

That's not even worthy of a response. You're better than that Dinkins, I know you are. For the last time, this site is a place for SJU fans to exprss themselves. I obviously tend to see things very differently than you and Marillac. If you disagree with what I have to say, you have one of two choices: you can either disagree and explain why or you can ignore me. Resorting to personal attacks or concocting some convoluted story about me being a fan of another school weakens the credibility of anything you have to say.

Continue to play that card.... The victim card. It sounds good when it's dressed up and pitched articulately. I know the difference, and I'm sure many on here can see it, as well.

I, and many others on here have explained and gave reasons on other threads with you. Not to mention, several have given reasons on this particular thread. Eventually, folks do not wanna respond and move on. If being a blatant contrarian and pessimist is your game, then so be it. At some point, it starts to look like someone who is trolling.

You can place a tuxedo on a pig, but at the end of the day it's still a pig. A pig is gonna be who it is with or without the tux.

I know that Nate purports to have an "inside" relationship with these kids, but I'm not sure he knows more about the program than any of us.

And you guys are actually reading this guys posts and responding to him. Talk about waste of time.

0465051383.jpg

He knows a lot more about the program, it's coaches, and players than 99 percent of the people out there. You can't be serious when you say "all I read out of that is that Moe might be going pro", right?

I'm sorry to always be attracting the ire of the posters of this board, but I like facts. There is nothing wrong with drawing conclusions from facts, even if those conclusions tend to be incorrect, so long as the facts provide a basis on which to draw the conclusions. I didn't see any facts in Mr. Blue's tweets that cause me to be more optimistic.

You're another one here who makes no sense. Nate obviously has ties with the program...Fact...yet you questioned whether he has any inside knowledge or knows more about the program than us...Fact...You don't like facts, you like to make things up to piss people on here off

I don't know what inside information Nate Blue has and I certainly haven't made anything up. Similar to your friend Dinkins, you're attacking me personally b/c you don't have anything better to say. What I do know is that guys like Nate Blue who post important pics of themselves on Facebook etc. often feel compelled to make themselves seem more in the know than they really are. Maybe Nate has his hand on the pulse of the program -- then again maybe he doesn't. I think I recall a post a few months ago where he said Pelle was def. coming (I could be wrong here, but it's what I recall). Again, I don't know Nate Blue personally, but I don't like the affiliation. Reading his posts objectively, I don't feel more optimistic. If that "piss[es] off" posters like you and Dinkins, I suggest you start your own fan board and limit it membership to those who share your opinion.

0465051383.jpg

He knows a lot more about the program, it's coaches, and players than 99 percent of the people out there. You can't be serious when you say "all I read out of that is that Moe might be going pro", right?

I'm sorry to always be attracting the ire of the posters of this board, but I like facts. There is nothing wrong with drawing conclusions from facts, even if those conclusions tend to be incorrect, so long as the facts provide a basis on which to draw the conclusions. I didn't see any facts in Mr. Blue's tweets that cause me to be more optimistic.

You're another one here who makes no sense. Nate obviously has ties with the program...Fact...yet you questioned whether he has any inside knowledge or knows more about the program than us...Fact...You don't like facts, you like to make things up to piss people on here off

I don't know what inside information Nate Blue has and I certainly haven't made anything up. Similar to your friend Dinkins, you're attacking me personally b/c you don't have anything better to say. What I do know is that guys like Nate Blue who post important pics of themselves on Facebook etc. often feel compelled to make themselves seem more in the know than they really are. Maybe Nate has his hand on the pulse of the program -- then again maybe he doesn't. I think I recall a post a few months ago where he said Pelle was def. coming (I could be wrong here, but it's what I recall). Again, I don't know Nate Blue personally, but I don't like the affiliation. Reading his posts objectively, I don't feel more optimistic. If that "piss[es] off" posters like you and Dinkins, I suggest you start your own fan board and limit it membership to those who share your opinion.

I also wish you stop mentioning my name in posts where you're responding to someone else. It's similiar to you attacking me out of nowhere after last night's game. It seems you have a personal issue with me. I told you last night that it's easy to be a jerk behind the confines of your PC.

0465051383.jpg

Continue to play that card.... The victim card. It sounds good when it's dressed up and pitched articulately. I know the difference, and I'm sure many on here can see it, as well.

I, and many others on here have explained and gave reasons on other threads with you. Not to mention, several have given reasons on this particular thread. Eventually, folks do not wanna respond and move on. If being a blatant contrarian and pessimist is your game, then so be it. At some point, it starts to look like someone who is trolling.

You can place a tuxedo on a pig, but at the end of the day it's still a pig. A pig is gonna be who it is with or without the tux.

Now I'm a pig :woohoo: Your posts are getting classier by the minute Dinkins. Contrarian -- huh? Merriam-Webster defines contrarian as "a person who takes a contrary position or attitude . . ." If the prevailing sentiment is that all is well with the program, well than yes I guess you can call me a contrarian. I suspect, however, that its not such a small minority of fans who share my opinion. As you state Dinkins, you have expressed yourself on various threads and I have expressed myself. I'm not sure why your "positive" posts are entitled to any more credence than mine just because my views are "contrary" to the "majority". Maybe you can explain that to me Dinkins.

0465051383.jpg

Now I'm a pig :woohoo: Your posts are getting classier by the minute Dinkins. Contrarian -- huh? Merriam-Webster defines contrarian as "a person who takes a contrary position or attitude . . ." If the prevailing sentiment is that all is well with the program, well than yes I guess you can call me a contrarian. I suspect, however, that its not such a small minority of fans who share my opinion. As you state Dinkins, you have expressed yourself on various threads and I have expressed myself. I'm not sure why your "positive" posts are entitled to any more credence than mine just because my views are "contrary" to the "majority". Maybe you can explain that to me Dinkins.

Tick, tick, tick, tick....

I know that Nate purports to have an "inside" relationship with these kids, but I'm not sure he knows more about the program than any of us.

And you guys are actually reading this guys posts and responding to him. Talk about waste of time.

You're right....I'm not going to bother with him anymore...Just get caught up in it sometimes

0465051383.jpg

I don't know what inside information Nate Blue has and I certainly haven't made anything up..

You said in this very thread you basically didn't think Nate was connected to the team and that he most likely didn't have any more knowledge about the team than any of us.

Moose just told you there is a pic of him sitting with Lavin at a game. He also sits right behind the bench at our games at Carnesseca arena ( with Moe's mom most times even ) he probably sits right behind the bench at the garden ( not sure since I'm behind the other bench up a little bit )

Come on now. You are digging yourself deeper and deeper in internet oblivion. Just admit you were wrong on this and move on to the next topic.

Resorting to personal attacks is a sign that you don't have any support for your positon.

Fair point but...

Although I don't know Nate personally, I tend to think of these kind of people as parasites...

Isn't that a personal attack?

Yes, I think my post can be construed as an attack on Nate Blue. I don't think my attack on Blue is analogous to Dinkins attack on me. Nate Blue is not a poster on this site (at least I don't think that he is) and I'm not attacking him simply because I disagree with his opinions. I'm the first to admit that I don't know Nate Blue and he may be a perfectly great guy. Unfortunately, there have been a number of instances in which "advisors" like Blue have taken advantage of kids and hurt programs. I know it's unfortunately part of the game these days, but I don't like the association. I think it leads to trouble. If any posters more knowledgable than me would like to explain (I'm not being facetious here) how guys like Nate Blue are good for the game, I'd appreciate hearing it. I think it's worthy of discussion.

Resorting to personal attacks is a sign that you don't have any support for your positon.

Fair point but...

Although I don't know Nate personally, I tend to think of these kind of people as parasites...

Yes, I think my post can be construed as an attack on Nate Blue. I don't think my attack on Blue is analogous to Dinkins attack on me. Nate Blue is not a poster on this site (at least I don't think that he is) and I'm not attacking him simply because I disagree with his opinions. I'm the first to admit that I don't know Nate Blue and he may be a perfectly great guy. Unfortunately, there have been a number of instances in which "advisors" like Blue have taken advantage of kids and hurt programs. I know it's unfortunately part of the game these days, but I don't like the association. I think it leads to trouble. If any posters more knowledgable than me would like to explain (I'm not being facetious here) how guys like Nate Blue are good for the game, I'd appreciate hearing it. I think it's worthy of discussion.

If your attempt to mention my name in every post on this thread accusing me of attacking you to scream "victim," then it's not working. Once again, do you have a personal issue with me?

Fair point but...

If your attempt to mention my name in every post on this thread accusing me of attacking you to scream "victim," then it's not working. Once again, do you have a personal issue with me?

In your last several posts, you've referred to me as a "pig", a "jerk" and a "troll" among other epithets. You consitently abuse fans who don't share your optimism simply b/c you disagree with their sentiment. You've also chosen to take the screen name of one of the worst mayors our city has ever had. I think it's safe to say that I won't be running for president of your fan club any time soon.

Fair point but...

Yes, I think my post can be construed as an attack on Nate Blue. I don't think my attack on Blue is analogous to Dinkins attack on me. Nate Blue is not a poster on this site (at least I don't think that he is) and I'm not attacking him simply because I disagree with his opinions. I'm the first to admit that I don't know Nate Blue and he may be a perfectly great guy. Unfortunately, there have been a number of instances in which "advisors" like Blue have taken advantage of kids and hurt programs..

But you are basing your opinion on never knowing him. I'm a financial advisor but since there are Bernie Madoff's out there abusing people that means all of us are bad ?

Dig yourself any deeper and you are going to end up in china

Fair point but...

In your last several posts, you've referred to me as a "pig", a "jerk" and a "troll" among other epithets. You consitently abuse fans who don't share your optimism simply b/c you disagree with their sentiment. You've also chosen to take the screen name of one of the worst mayors our city has ever had. I think it's safe to say that I won't be running for president of your fan club any time soon.

Continue screaming "victim." It sounds like you have a personal issue with me. If things go accordingly, I should certainly be in Charleston with several other fans of our team in November. Hope to see you there!  ;)  Iron out your differences.

Fair point but...

Yes, I think my post can be construed as an attack on Nate Blue. I don't think my attack on Blue is analogous to Dinkins attack on me. Nate Blue is not a poster on this site (at least I don't think that he is) and I'm not attacking him simply because I disagree with his opinions. I'm the first to admit that I don't know Nate Blue and he may be a perfectly great guy. Unfortunately, there have been a number of instances in which "advisors" like Blue have taken advantage of kids and hurt programs..

But you are basing your opinion on never knowing him. I'm a financial advisor but since there are Bernie Madoff's out there abusing people that means all of us are bad ?

Dig yourself any deeper and you are going to end up in china

Again, I don't agree with your analogy. While Bernie Madoff is undoubtedly a crook and there are unfortunately a number of crooks in the financial industry, financial advisers serve an important function in our society and are generally helpful.

I'm not sure, however, what role guys like Nate Blue serve. It strikes me as a self-serving relationship for the advisor that provides little or no benefit to the kid or the program assuming nothing nefarious is going on. My concern has been expressed in a number of editorials and news articles. I'd be interested in hearing the other side of the story, however. That is to say, I'd love to hear a poster explain what value advisers like Nate Blue provide.

A final point -- and I'm not trying to be hyper-sensitive here -- but why did you feel the need to end your post by saying "dig yourself any deeper and you are going to end up in china?" Your post would have been just as strong without the last part.

Fair point but...

Continue screaming "victim." It sounds like you have a personal issue with me. If things go accordingly, I should certainly be in Charleston with several other fans of our team in November. Hope to see you there!  ;)  Iron out your differences.

That's very macho of you Dinkins, but you don't even know whether I'm a man or a woman. Perhaps you're hoping I'm the latter.

Fair point but...

That's very macho of you Dinkins, but you don't even know whether I'm a man or a woman. Perhaps you're hoping I'm the latter.

I was just inviting you to mingle with fellow fans.

I was just inviting you to mingle with fellow fans.

And you of course are using "fellow fan" in the broadest sense. He may be a college basketball fan, but I don't think he's a St. John's fan.

Back