More Storr!!!!

Jones takes bad shots but can get his own shot and can score in different ways. Being the most talented perimeter player on a team that doesn’t have a lot of talent is hard and kind of dictates taking bad shots. See Harrison, Ponds, Lovett and yes even Mase jr.

Storr is strong going to the hoop, probably our best leaper too, has nice mid range shot and has nice stroke from 3. Would like to see him play some with Jones, would help Soriano.

Jones takes bad shots but can get his own shot and can score in different ways. Being the most talented perimeter player on a team that doesn’t have a lot of talent is hard and kind of dictates taking bad shots. See Harrison, Ponds, Lovett and yes even Mase jr.

Storr is strong going to the hoop, probably our best leaper too, has nice mid range shot and has nice stroke from 3. Would like to see him play some with Jones, would help Soriano.
Jones is our most talented perimeter player but right now he isn't playing like he is. He's forcing shots, taking long range threes, often way too soon, and sometimes is out of control. To say that talent dictates taking bad shots is self serving to support your theory.

Storr may be strong going to the hoop, but right now he seems to be settling for jump shots.

You're obviously not going to agree, but right now the numbers show that Mathis and Curbelo have better numbers in all the metrics than Storr. But I'd rather see them and Pinzon taking threes than Jones. He just needs to settle down and let the game come to him.

Storr isnot doing much w/ the minutes he is getting. Depauls freshman Cruz was getting buckets last night. If storr was doing that, he would be playing more.
If Storr didn’t have four stars next to his name, I wonder whether anybody would be clamoring for him to play more . I don’t hear anybody doing so for any of our other freshmen.

I certainly hope Storr will develop and no reason he can’t, but I really haven’t seen anything from him that merits more time.

Not all four star recruits are immediately ready to play and some four stars never work out. It’s very early in Storr’s career.

Plenty of time for him to develop. If he jumps ship after this year, and there is no reason to think he will, it’s on him.

The truth is that if we don’t dance this year, there’s a good chance we’ll have a new coach and a very different looking roster. The staff should be concerned about one thing now and one thing only — winning this year.

Last edited:
I thought the body language experts left once Harrison graduated.
I will play along though. Every time Posh misses a shot he looks like someone stole his puppy and Curbelo….
Think people looking for reasons to justify Anderson pt decisions. Same coach who gave Wheeler a DNP-CD last year and took 15 games to realize he was our 2nd best player.
I would give Pinzon and Storr Wusu minutes because he should not play at all.
Favorite part of game is a guy who can’t shoot taking a shot without one shoe
The way Wheeler was playing the beginning of last year, he deserved to be benched. He was awful. I’m the first to criticize CMA, but he deserves credit for developing Wheeler not criticism.

think the over-arching theme of the "give Storr more minutes" crowd is -> We need to play our highly ranked recruits early and often regardless, or we might lose out on future top100 kids? do i have that Wright?

Remember when Chucky Sproling dropped 74 in a HS Game.

Figure this thread is completely off the rails I'd tie the damsel in distress on the tracks

I'm glad Larry is actually a long time poster WASJU. Shout out to you. You create fun and interesting convo even though I think you are totally off base on the whole Wheeler thing.

Wonder if any of the other Johnny Jungle burnouts will ever come on over

In regards to Storr, trying to keep this semi on track... I understand people want him to play because of his ranking but he still has to earn minutes just like anyone else. He has looked good but very raw at times this year. Let him figure it out. It won't happen immediately for him

I don't want Storr to play because of his ranking.

I want him to play because he has an upperclassman's body, fantastic athleticism, a great open-court game, has shown a penchant for hitting the corner three, and has put in on the floor with success.
Save for a few uncontested dunks, I haven’t seen a great open court game from him nor have I seen him put it on the floor with success. As for the corner three, he had a couple of good games against inferior competition. As another poster mentioned, he has a slow release and a very high arcing shot that gives me pause he will be a consistent threat. The jury’s out on his shooting ability.

Wusu is hardly a sharp shooter, but he shot close to 40 percent from downtown last year. I’m not sure Storr is a better shooter than Wusu. I am sure, however, that based on what I’ve seen so far, Wusu is better in nearly every other aspect of the game (not as athletic or explosive but Storr hasn’t really utilized this thus far ).

This program is in desperate need of a successful season for obvious reasons. Play to win now and don’t worry about Storr being unhappy or sending a message to other four stars. Believe me, no four star is going to base his decision to come here solely on how successful AJ Storr is. Win and everything will take care of itself.

I don't want Storr to play because of his ranking.

I want him to play because he has an upperclassman's body, fantastic athleticism, a great open-court game, has shown a penchant for hitting the corner three, and has put in on the floor with success.
Great is a GREAT overstatement re Storr!

Back