Mike Anderson - Former Coach

This is absolute and unadulterated B.S.!!!!!

1. We play well against teams like Central Conn. State. We don't play well against any good teams
2. Every team deals with roster turnover every year in this age of open transfers. A garbage excuse!!

CMA should just admit that they're not getting the job done and stop making ridiculous excuses. He sounds dumber and dumber trying to come up with lame explanations as to why the team is underachieving. You want to know why the team quit in the last game (as openly stated by Joel Soriano)? JUST LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!! THE BUCK STOPS WITH YOU, COACH!!!!! DON'T DEFLECT THE BLAME ELSEWHERE!!

Sorry for shouting. I just needed to get that off my chest!! I feel much better now!! :LOL:
For those that have not had the pleasure of meeting MarkRedmen I can tell you all that he is a first class gentleman and if he is expressing his feelings in a slightly harsh manner this is not some hot head blowing off steam but rather an honest opinion.

CMA’s demise is easily traceable to the lack of a 3 point shooting threat. Each year it’s gotten worst. And by worst I mean lack guys who could hit the 3 but also play meaningful minutes to contribute

Guys that could hit the 3:
Year 1: LJ, Williams, Heron, Champ, Earl, Caraher
Year 2: Williams, Champ, Earl, Cole, Caraher
Year 3: Wheeler, Champ, Smith, Coburn
Year 4: Jones, Mathis(?), DAW(?), Storr, Pinzon(?)

For those that have not had the pleasure of meeting MarkRedmen I can tell you all that he is a first class gentleman and if he is expressing his feelings in a slightly harsh manner this is not some hot head blowing off steam but rather an honest opinion.
As opposed to the honest opinions that you disagree with on a regular basis.

Thank you for the kind comment, RMN. You know that I feel the same way about you!!

I didn't mean to be harsh. I'm just a frustrated die hard fan who blew off some steam because I desperately want to see the program succeed and don't like the direction in which we appear to be heading. The all access telecast was eye opening, to say the least.

Hope to reconnect with you again soon, RMN. Please send me a PM should you be heading to my neck of the woods this winter!!!

I hear you loud and clear Monte, I find it so disappointing and part of that is on Cragg. If together they could not get it done at Arkansas why would they have better success in the BE ? It is not like the coaches in the BE were a bunch of novices.
For those that are unaware my buddy Joey changed his Associate Head Coach after last season and went in a completely different direction and went looking to assemble the toughest and hungriest group of ladies he could get and to date it has paid off.
Fire Anderson and Cragg today, Happy New Year!

As
CMA’s demise is easily traceable to the lack of a 3 point shooting threat. Each year it’s gotten worst. And by worst I mean lack guys who could hit the 3 but also play meaningful minutes to contribute

Guys that could hit the 3:
Year 1: LJ, Williams, Heron, Champ, Earl, Caraher
Year 2: Williams, Champ, Earl, Cole, Caraher
Year 3: Wheeler, Champ, Smith, Coburn
Year 4: Jones, Mathis(?), DAW(?), Storr, Pinzon(?)
I’m addition in year 3 Wusu I believe actually shot a decent percentage from 3.

As much as this is true, opposing centers last 3 games have killed us. 19pts & 9rebs
56%fg 4-8 from 3.
Not solely Soriano fault, against Xavier they had him hedge the pick and roll leaving left in out of position. Nunge scored a bunch of his points on the mismatch and out backs with Soriano guarding a smaller guy

What I don’t understand is that CMA started the Seton Hall game with Posh, Mathis, Wusu, Stanley and Soriano. That’s as balanced a lineup as we could put out there based on our roster. Posh is better at the PG, Mathis is playing well, Soriano playing well, Stanley adds size and toughness, Wusu hit and miss offensively but solid defensively.

Then CMA followed that with a lineup of Curbelo, Mathis, Storr, Jones and Niywe. Again a balanced group. Probably a little better offensively, Niywe can protect the rim a little, you could probably pressure a little more with this group. But in doing this we built a nice lead and everything seemed to flow. Then CMA just blew the whole thing up and put Posh and Curbelo out there together and that’s when everything fell apart. He should have stuck with those two units the entire game and just switched them in and out never having Posh and Curbelo out there together. Then , depending on how the game is going , towards the end, you put your hot hands out there but no Posh and Curbelo together. It working in the beginning, why wouldn’t he stick with it?

Not solely Soriano fault, against Xavier they had him hedge the pick and roll leaving left in out of position. Nunge scored a bunch of his points on the mismatch and out backs with Soriano guarding a smaller guy
also hit 2 3s in his face. It’s a combination of both the poor gamplan and him not exactly being a defensive stalwart. But yes, Soriano is the least of our problems.

What I don’t understand is that CMA started the Seton Hall game with Posh, Mathis, Wusu, Stanley and Soriano. That’s as balanced a lineup as we could put out there based on our roster. Posh is better at the PG, Mathis is playing well, Soriano playing well, Stanley adds size and toughness, Wusu hit and miss offensively but solid defensively.

Then CMA followed that with a lineup of Curbelo, Mathis, Storr, Jones and Niywe. Again a balanced group. Probably a little better offensively, Niywe can protect the rim a little, you could probably pressure a little more with this group. But in doing this we built a nice lead and everything seemed to flow. Then CMA just blew the whole thing up and put Posh and Curbelo out there together and that’s when everything fell apart. He should have stuck with those two units the entire game and just switched them in and out never having Posh and Curbelo out there together. Then , depending on how the game is going , towards the end, you put your hot hands out there but no Posh and Curbelo together. It working in the beginning, why wouldn’t he stick with it?
I thought the same thing.

The second team was doing well.

CMA has shown that when he thinks we have momentum he goes back to his preferred lineups (which is when we get Storr was tired so he had to sit, BS)

This year that approach has backfired considerably. We’ve lost plenty of momentum when he’s done this

Is it possible that CMA's extension was done mostly so that he didn't appear as a lame duck to recruits, and includes a pretty low buyout??
2 years in seems pretty quick to fight against the ‘lame duck’ status IMO. More like over anxious. But no one knows the buyout and that is really all the matters.

The only thing we have going for us is the opportunity to commiserate with a great group of fans thanks to Paul. Happy New Year to all my fellow Johnnie sufferers! Would like to say the New Year can’t get worse; unfortunately we all know better.
Right you are NC Johnnie. I would think we could even use Red Fans Forum as a Recruiting tool . It’s not that far fetched , we have enough guys /Gals on here that we could all be in the look out for prospects in a our Local High School Leagues . And , pass that on to Coaches , etc . Regrettably , my Area of SCarolina is more Football oriented than Basketball and I have yet to see any potential players that would be BE type Recruits . Offensive Lineman , WR yes but , no hoops standouts .

The problem with the program is the head coach. Changing the assistants won’t do what needs to be done.
Night , I agree but , would offer this idea , if Anderson does not resign / retire at Season End , Fire all his Coaches , Trainers., hanger ons and see what happens . Also , insist the AD and President have decision making authority over any BB staff hires . Most HC that are as experienced as CMA would find that intolerable and resign / retire . It’s a bit nasty and hope it doesn’t come to that but , the BB staff know , at this point , they are dead men walking . Even if CMA survives this year, many of them will be gone anyway . It’s like we can’t fire the HC but , will fire all his people . Usually the threat of doing that results in a negotiated exit .

Back