Mike Anderson - Former Coach

I will tell you something I heard last weekend. Shanley had attended a practice back in February and was aghast what he saw, total disrespect by players and coaching staff. Just not good it was then that he decided to make a change.

Having said that my guess is this will end in a settlement of X dollars. Almost always does.

It is a bit of a ploy for SJU to save a few dollars on the buyout but they do believe they have some evidence to justify the cause.

Again it will almost certainly end up being settled and Mike will get some money, probably not all of it but a good chunk.

This will not prevent the inevitable hiring of Rick.
Uconn did the same thing to Ollie AFTER he won a national championship. I'm guessing Shanley was aghast at what was happening and perhaps Anderson was just mailing it in. It might look bad but good business especially if the coaching staff checked out and were letting the kids run amok.

Did Anderson not get a severance package? Does it preclude the filing of a lawsuit of this type?

I really appreciate all the info you’ve provided and it’s obvious you have some solid connections. But can you really compare Hurley taking his first ever high major job to what pitino is looking to do?
Yes I can because Hurley is much younger and a bit of a hot head. All the more reason for him to be careful about taking a job for a school that just fired a coach on flimsy "for cause" grounds.

Did Anderson not get a severance package? Does it preclude the filing of a lawsuit of this type?
Anderson is owed $11 million under his contract. I’m sure he’s not getting severance in addition to the buyout/what’s owed. I suspect the school offered him something, but clearly not anywhere near enough to incentivize him to give up filing a lawsuit to get the $11 million he’s owed

Uconn did the same thing to Ollie AFTER he won a national championship. I'm guessing Shanley was aghast at what was happening and perhaps Anderson was just mailing it in. It might look bad but good business especially if the coaching staff checked out and were letting the kids run amok.
Come on, we all know what's gong on here. They signed Anderson, a terrible coach, to a completely ridiculous and unwarranted extension, and now they don't want to pay him the money they promised. They are trying to excuse their own incompetence, and it's a total bush league move.

Meh, this will be a story for a few hours then the Pitino announcement will drop and this will be mostly forgotten.

A couple years ago Kevin Willard's best player during his time at SHU sued the school and Kevin Willard for rushing him back from injury which he claims damaged his future earnings. It was a story for a day or two then it eventually fizzled out and ultimately had zero impact on Willard's recruiting and obviously didn't stop him from getting the Maryland job.

This story will disappear in a few hours.
It may disappear...but it's an embarrassment nonetheless. Father was aghast by what he saw in practice? I hope he mentions this lie in confession. I hope Pitino doesn't have second thoughts about the school weaseling out of a contract like this.

Come on, we all know what's gong on here. They signed Anderson, a terrible coach, to a completely ridiculous and unwarranted extension, and now they don't want to pay him the money they promised. They are trying to excuse their own incompetence, and it's a total bush league move.
To a certain extent that is true but what you are describing is about 90% of for cause firings.

And trust me Anderson did give them some ammo for this. Enough to warrant the cause maybe not but there is some meat on the bone.

To a certain extent that is true but what you are describing is about 90% of for cause firings.

And trust me Anderson did give them some ammo for this. Enough to warrant the cause maybe not but there is some meat on the bone.
If anyone thinks this doesn’t hurt our chances with Pitino they are delusional

I wanted Anderson gone as much as anyone, he is not good at what he does, but this is a terrible look. I can't stand the guy, but I hope he receives every cent he is owed. In the meantime, if Cragg was the one responsible for the extension, he should be shown the door as well.

Guess our new found wealth didn’t include a buy out. Can’t imagine this will effect our next hire, St. John’s will just be on the hook for 11M+ when they lose the arbitration/lawsuit.

Obv, I have no knowledge of what CMA contract says but based on UConvict having to pay out for KO despite NCAA violations, I doubt an arbitrator will rule side with SJU.

As a fan, the best thing that can happen for us is a quick resolution.

Golly, even though I’m not an RP guy, I was feeling good that we were making decisive moves and seemingly following a plan. Ie clean separation from previous coach, clearly identified first choice, amazingly strong offer (if that monster 4.5m is correct). But nope we fumbled step one. Classic St. John’s.

If anyone thinks this doesn’t hurt our chances with Pitino they are delusional
Then I guess I am...

il_570xN.4480624858_rgez.jpg

Back