Marquette (MSG), Sat., Jan. 20, 12 Noon, FOX

Motivate Laurence Fishburne GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

Who knows who else was sick or feeling the effects last night... or who might miss / feel worse come Saturday.... Get a couple ugly losses out of the way before Feb/March.

It's a rare position we were in, being talked about not "on the bubble" - but securely in the "Field" - receiving votes at this point in our season. Made last night even more perplexing... esp given Jenkins comments following Creighton/ Rick spending individual time with each kid on the plane home (probably got them sick lol)... would have though they would have shown a bit of tenacity... complete opposite.

Marquette is a real good team, let's not kid ourselves... this was going to be a tough one to win even at full strength...

Ending January 5-5 in BE play... season isn't lost... lot of games left.

Not saying we can't win Saturday, but given the current health situation, I really wish we had Depaul and Georgetown on this homestand, instead of Marquette and Nova.

In three of our four Big East wins, we've gotten out quickly. First 8 points vs. Xaver, first 10 vs. both Nova and Providence (the Butler game was virtually even for the first 10 minutes, even though we never trailed).

We don't seem to be a good comeback team, so starting each half off well may be a must. In other words, make sure you get to the game on time. It might be decided by first media TO.

Normally the line would be around PK and a Head Coach missing a game or two due to illness shouldn't impact the spread at all (It didn't yesterday) but after that performance last night without Pitino wouldn't be surprised if we're 3 or so point dogs if his status is in doubt.

Who knows who else was sick or feeling the effects last night... or who might miss / feel worse come Saturday.... Get a couple ugly losses out of the way before Feb/March.

It's a rare position we were in, being talked about not "on the bubble" - but securely in the "Field" - receiving votes at this point in our season. Made last night even more perplexing... esp given Jenkins comments following Creighton/ Rick spending individual time with each kid on the plane home (probably got them sick lol)... would have though they would have shown a bit of tenacity... complete opposite.

Marquette is a real good team, let's not kid ourselves... this was going to be a tough one to win even at full strength...

Ending January 5-5 in BE play... season isn't lost... lot of games left.
Just how I think:

After starting 4-1, end January 5-5 would be dog crap.

We have VIP guests coming ( Paul Redmen owners ) daughter and son in law coming in for the game. Sitting very close to 114. Let’s hope they see an excellent win.

Anyone who is free stop by 114 at halftime I’ll have them over to meet them and snap a pic

Last edited:
Normally I spend half the day reading game posts on here, even if we lose. I was so bummed out by last night's game that I couldn't bring myself to look at this site once today. I'm finally moving on. :mad: :poop:

I'm not jumping ship. My heart hurt so much after last night's game that I needed to avoid St. John's bball for a day.
Didn’t mean to infer you were jumping ship. Just a recap of what you missed the past 24 hours. So called fans turning on this team

Back