March Madness Thread

So I am assuming we will avoid the play-in games in Dayton and play our first game either Thursday or Friday. That means we can play in one of eight places:

Thursday:
1) Omaha, Nebraska
2) Charlotte, North Carolina
3) Salt Lake City, Utah
4) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Friday:
5) Brooklyn, New York
6) Indianapolis, Indiana
7) Memphis, Tennessee
8) Spokane, Washington

For ease of attendance purposes Brooklyn is clearly the most preferred location for me (even though I despise the Barclay's Center). That said, aren't there NCAA rules in place about teams playing too close to their campus? I would really like to go to the game if it is local. Does the University have any tickets available for Students / Season ticket holders or is it only a secondary market opportunity?

It’s funny how half of the board is like “sweet I wonder where we will be playing Thursday/Friday”

And the other half is in the Bubble Watch thread like this:

Bob Esponja Fire GIF

John Becker from Fairfield Ct is a tremendous HC at Vermont w record of 305-118 who once again is in American East championship game up six w five minutes left v UMass Lowell. Vermont 27-6 record could be an upset special in the Dance if they close out today.

Lastly American East unlike the MAAC has teams w best records play at home throughout their tourney. MAAC playing their’s in Atlantic City Is stupid & has zero atmosphere. Hopefully a quality program like Vermont survives the negative evolution of hoops.

Edit - Vermont won

Get used to it, coming to a neighborhood near you, lifetime eligibility. 🤪
I haven’t even mentioned the kicker, this isn’t even his last year of eligibility. He can come back next year for a ninth season.

A “college” kid getting to be a part of COLLEGE basketball for almost a decade…. Defies all logic

I see he’s had injuries but… come on

John Becker from Fairfield Ct is a tremendous HC at Vermont w record of 305-118 who once again is in American East championship game up six w five minutes left v UMass Lowell. Vermont 27-6 record could be an upset special in the Dance if they close out today.

Lastly American East unlike the MAAC has teams w best records play at home throughout their tourney. MAAC playing their’s in Atlantic City Is stupid & has zero atmosphere. Hopefully a quality program like Vermont survives the negative evolution of hoops.

Edit - Vermont won
They should have never left Albany. I also miss the Monday night MAAC championship game.

RJ Luis could learn from Storr, who is much more patient on offense and occasionally guards somebody 😇

I haven’t even mentioned the kicker, this isn’t even his last year of eligibility. He can come back next year for a ninth season.

A “college” kid getting to be a part of COLLEGE basketball for almost a decade…. Defies all logic

I see he’s had injuries but… come on
He’s the Wilt Chamberlain of college chicks

Back