Man U - Arsenal

I'm anxious to get your report on the stadium concessions

I'll throw in a report of all the various Istanbul street food like Doner Kebabs and Simit for you on a game thread because I know you love that so much

I have no clue what those are and I've never ate street meat in my life but looking forward to it :)

Oh by the way Go Arsenal!

Istanbul is considered one of the top street food capitals of the world and it's nice and cheap. For ever one of our dollars we get 2 of theirs which makes it even cheaper. Plan on eating everything in my sight on the streets for lunch while we are there. I try the street food wherever I go. Some a lot better than others. Not sure if I've ever seen a place with as many choices as Istanbul

http://www.wittistanbul.com/magazine/istanbuls-street-food-whats-hot-and-whats-not/

Andrew Zimmern had a good Turkey episode. I seem to recall him getting some rancid goat fat from a street vendor and eating it for breakfast the next morning...

I'll throw in a report of all the various Istanbul street food like Doner Kebabs and Simit for you on a game thread because I know you love that so much

I have no clue what those are and I've never ate street meat in my life but looking forward to it :)

Istanbul is considered one of the top street food capitals of the world and it's nice and cheap. For ever one of our dollars we get 2 of theirs which makes it even cheaper. Plan on eating everything in my sight on the streets for lunch while we are there. I try the street food wherever I go. Some a lot better than others. Not sure if I've ever seen a place with as many choices as Istanbul

http://www.wittistanbul.com/magazine/istanbuls-street-food-whats-hot-and-whats-not/

Andrew Zimmern had a good Turkey episode. I seem to recall him getting some rancid goat fat from a street vendor and eating it for breakfast the next morning...
Although we like watching Zimmerman's show I think I might stick with Tony Bourdain :) Got food poisoning in Argentina eating goat and I swore to myself I'd never try it ever again. My stomach wasn't right for 2 weeks

Although we like watching Zimmerman's show I think I might stick with Tony Bourdain :) Got food poisoning in Argentina eating goat and I swore to myself I'd never try it ever again. My stomach wasn't right for 2 weeks

no pressure but I'm living vicariously through you. Has your lady gotten you to eat cuy ?

no pressure but I'm living vicariously through you. Has your lady gotten you to eat cuy ?
Yep. Ate it when we went to Machu Picchu and stayed in the town below it. It wasn't bad actually

She's killed Cuy on her relatives farm in peru and then cooked it. That I won't do. Slicing those little things throats.

Yep. Ate it when we went to Machu Picchu and stayed in the town below it. It wasn't bad actually

She's killed Cuy on her relatives farm in peru and then cooked it. That I won't do. Slicing those little things throats.

Good for you. Some of my wife's relations' eyes light up at the mere mention. The deep fried head gets special affection.

Good for you. Some of my wife's relations' eyes light up at the mere mention. The deep fried head gets special affection.
Yeah I didn't do the cuy head thing though. Just ate the rest. Hard to say what it tasted like. didn't taste like chicken. maybe rabbit. Once place they had the cuy full body on these rotisserie things. The other time it was barbecued. I liked the barbecued better but both tasted ok

The thing that pretty much everyone eats in peru and there are these little food stands all over lima which are almost like big hot dog type vendors is anticuchos ( beef heart ) which are barbecued right there. It's like a staple of there food there. I've eaten it and it's good but I'd have been better off not knowing what it was.

Can't wait for Arsenal/ManU match tomorrow

Well Mr. Moose, the traitorous Dutch skunk struck again. We were without big Mert and Rosicky but even so created little. Still, out of the 3 tough games (L'pool, Dortmund, Man U) we won 2 and are still top of the league. Spurs, Man City and Chelski all slipped up as well this weekend. Onward!

Can't wait for Arsenal/ManU match tomorrow

Well Mr. Moose, the traitorous Dutch skunk struck again. We were without big Mert and Rosicky but even so created little. Still, out of the 3 tough games (L'pool, Dortmund, Man U) we won 2 and are still top of the league. Spurs, Man City and Chelski all slipped up as well this weekend. Onward!

Can they please get a damn striker in January so I can stop seeing Bedtner? Of course if Theo, Ox or Podo were healthy there might not be a need.

You know Arsenal actually be Galatasary in Istanbul this year :)

Back in August, Arsenal played Fenerbahce in Istanbul and won 3-0. Apparently Fener knew they were going to get suspended for match fixing and were not exactly giving 100%...

You know Arsenal actually be Galatasary in Istanbul this year :)

Back in August, Arsenal played Fenerbahce in Istanbul and won 3-0. Apparently Fener knew they were going to get suspended for match fixing and were not exactly giving 100%...

My bad got my crappy Turkish teams confused. Arsenal did play Gala in a Exhibiton game in London and lost this year

You mean crappy BPL teams don't you?

No I meant crappy Turkish teams.

Come on, work with me on this.......

The level of football outside of the EPL, Bundi, La Liga, Seria A, and Ligue 1 is pretty piss poor IMO. And when those other Leagues get CL spots I think some really good teams are left on the outside looking in.

Ok here is a quick food update but it's not too exotic but after arriving last night we were just walking around Sultanahmet not far from the blue mosque and we were walking around these back alleys off the main road looking for a quick bite to eat and we saw a tiny restaurant that had just closed that sold Pide ( turkish pizza ) and kebabs etc. We asked them for their business card so we could go back another day and they literally reopened the place just for us since it was out 1st night in istanbul and they wanted us to have a great 1st meal

We had the turkish pizza ( 2 different types ) and it was literally the best pizza we have ever had in our lives ( and I love my pizza ) and they even comped our drinks ( I'm not crazy about this raki stuff they drink though )

Tried buying Galatasaray tickets online but we aren't club members so looks like we have to wait till saturday to try and buy at the gate

We had the turkish pizza ( 2 different types ) and it was literally the best pizza we have ever had in our lives ( and I love my pizza )

Enjoy yourselves but have to say, severely skeptical. ;)

Back