LIU, Tues, Nov. 29, 6:30p, FS-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Norm deserves credit for recruiting the team that Lavin took to the Dance, he deserves some blame for having that been such a senior-laden team... Norm basically recruited all one class - a seven-man freshman class, and then two JUCO transfers (including Hardy, who was terrific) two years later. So Lavin basically had to replace the entire roster in one year. Poor roster management by Norm, even thought it was a talented group of solid citizens.

While Norm deserves credit for recruiting the team that Lavin took to the Dance, he deserves some blame for having that been such a senior-laden team... Norm basically recruited all one class - a seven-man freshman class, and then two JUCO transfers (including Hardy, who was terrific) two years later. So Lavin basically had to replace the entire roster in one year. Poor roster management by Norm, even thought it was a talented group of solid citizens.
Also Norm had no idea Hardy and Brownlee were his 2 best players

Agree with you that elite eight team was amazing and so fun to watch (bootsy's duke game, altho a loss, a highlight of my life!), but those were Frachilla's guys. Jarvis could have slept walk through that one. The dude ground us into dust - we still trying to recover. I think we have add one more prong to ranking system we should be good:

-75 Points - recruitment of core team of malcontents and ne-er do-wells who decide its a good idea to run train on a prostitute in Pittsburgh effectively terminating the program for 15 years.

Tally that one up and I'm good on rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back