Kudos Joel Soriano

Although his offensive numbers have declined in February, Joel has been climbing the programs’ alltime ranks in rebounds and blocks.
His 13 boards last night moved him from 10th to 7th, passing Wayne McKoy and David Russell on the alltime rebound list. His one rejection tied Kassoum Yakwe for 7th on the alltime blocks list.

Although his offensive numbers have declined in February, Joel has been climbing the programs’ alltime ranks in rebounds and blocks.
His 13 boards last night moved him from 10th to 7th, passing Wayne McKoy and David Russell on the alltime rebound list. His one rejection tied Kassoum Yakwe for 7th on the alltime blocks list.
Shocked that Yakwe is 7th all time.

Our inability to get him the ball low post back to the basket all season is puzzling to me. He either gets the ball top of the key in our pick and roll action or via a risky alley oop or over the top feed right at the basket. Always appears that our spacing and/or post feed angles are bad or that the defender is doing a great job denying him the ball.

Our inability to get him the ball low post back to the basket all season is puzzling to me. He either gets the ball top of the key in our pick and roll action or via a risky alley oop or over the top feed right at the basket. Always appears that our spacing and/or post feed angles are bad or that the defender is doing a great job denying him the ball.
I’ve come to the conclusion that that’s jow RP wants to run his sets. I hunt instead of. Seems like a wasted advantage at times. But I’m NOT a HOF coach, so I defer.

Shocked that Yakwe is 7th all time.
I'm shocked there are six guys ahead of him.

Only Obekpa and Owens were better rejectors, in my time. I guess some of the big people who stayed all 4 years compiled up higher totals.

I'm shocked there are six guys ahead of him.

Only Obekpa and Owens were better rejectors, in my time. I guess some of the big people who stayed all 4 years compiled up higher totals.

Top 7
1) Chris Obekpa (3 yrs) - 321
2) Robert Werdann (4) - 188
3) Sir Dom Pointer (4) - 173
4) Wayne McKoy (4) - 164
5) Tariq Owens (2) - 163
6) Bill Wennington (4) - 152
7) Joel Soriano (3) - 150

Although Joel is still trying to find his offensive game, he continues to climb the programs rebounds and blocks list. His 10 boards today moved him to 7th alltime, passing the great Mel Davis. His 5 blocks moved him to 6th alltime, passing Bill Wennington.

Back