Knicks

The Villanova Knickerbockers handle their business in Philly. Well done.
I went to bed the minute the game ended. Amen to espkens thanks for the three Nova guys. Brunson has been phenomenal. Donte was both hot offense and super active defensively, great game. My guy Josh did what he always does make winning plays, including the huge game winning three. The Knicks WIINNN!!!!

Jalen has played tremendous BB. But hold on, Clyde won two championships and has a much larger body of work. Let's see how Brunson plays out. But to me, Clyde IS THE all time best Knick ever. I'll mention one attribute that separates Clyde and Jalen by a mile, DEFENSE.
Jalen is also in the prime of his career and his accomplishments are far from over. Way too early to judge where he stands in comparison with Knicks all time greats imho, but he will definitely be way up there when he is done.
As Paultz points out, Clyde was clearly surrounded by far more talent than Jalen has to work with. For better or worse, the greats are often judged by how successful their teams were. If Jalen ever won a championship with this Knick team, he would be up there at the very top.

can we just appreciate the knicks actually have a player right now who can be mentioned with guys like Clyde?

For 20 years out point guard position was filled by an assortment of washed up players, busts, or Raymond Felton lol

Now we have a true superstar, and didn't even have to break the bank and trade away assets to get him

can we just appreciate the knicks actually have a player right now who can be mentioned with guys like Clyde?

For 20 years out point guard position was filled by an assortment of washed up players, busts, or Raymond Felton lol

Now we have a true superstar, and didn't even have to break the bank and trade away assets to get him
2008-2009: Chris Duhon
2009-2010: Chris Duhon
2010-2011: Raymond Felton
2011-2012: Toney Douglas
2012-2013: Raymond Felton
2013-2014: Raymond Felton
2014-2015: Jose Calderon
2015-2016: Jose Calderon
2016-2017: Derrick Rose
2017-2018: Ramon Sessions
2018-2019: Trey Burke
2019-2020: Alonzo Trier
2020-2021: Elfrid Payton
2021-2022: Kemba Walker

It's been baaaaaaaaad since Marbury and that was bad also.

Clyde Fraizer never had a 3-point line either. I’m not in a good position to say which is better but Fraizer helped revolutionize the point guard position. Brunson is a fantastic player, you cannot question him being a top player but the 3-pt line has inflated PPG stats.

It’s really an apples v oranges argument. It’s 2 different games in their respective eras.

You guys ranking on Felton, he was a damn good player and the perfect PG for Amare.

That Melo trade set this franchise back, and I’d say big time. Everybody and their mother knew he was coming here as a free agent, and Dolan demanded that trade, it disrupted that team and caused Walsh to resign.

Jalen is also in the prime of his career and his accomplishments are far from over. Way too early to judge where he stands in comparison with Knicks all time greats imho, but he will definitely be way up there when he is done.
As Paultz points out, Clyde was clearly surrounded by far more talent than Jalen has to work with. For better or worse, the greats are often judged by how successful their teams were. If Jalen ever won a championship with this Knick team, he would be up there at the very top.
Excellent point on championships NC

You guys ranking on Felton, he was a damn good player and the perfect PG for Amare.

That Melo trade set this franchise back, and I’d say big time. Everybody and their mother knew he was coming here as a free agent, and Dolan demanded that trade, it disrupted that team and caused Walsh to resign.
I don’t think I’d go as far to say “damn good”. But he was solid.

There’s a reason in my post I said washed up players, busts AND Raymond Felton. Because I felt like he was at least a level above those guys. But he still had his troubles here too, some off the court stuff too that might’ve hurt him

I don’t think I’d go as far to say “damn good”. But he was solid.

There’s a reason in my post I said washed up players, busts AND Raymond Felton. Because I felt like he was at least a level above those guys. But he still had his troubles here too, some off the court stuff too that might’ve hurt him
Ah. Gotcha 👍

Back