Knicks

was questioning this last night... when Maxey fell to the ground... was that not a travel? did he not have full possession?

Is it no longer a travel if a player falls to the ground with the ball?
Not in pro ball that’s the silly rule in college where sometimes it now seems they have loosened up a bit on calling it.

Not in pro ball that’s the silly rule in college where sometimes it now seems they have loosened up a bit on calling it.
They seemingly have loosened up. But it is kind of hard to fall down and not move your feet.

They seemingly have loosened up. But it is kind of hard to fall down and not move your feet.
But you’re not really going anywhere unless you roll over with the ball and gain an advantage. Yes technically you move your feet but I like the NBA interpretation. If you sky for a rebound and your feet get taken out and you end up on the ground and can pass to a teammate I hate it being called a turnover.

But you’re not really going anywhere unless you roll over with the ball and gain an advantage. Yes technically you move your feet but I like the NBA interpretation. If you sky for a rebound and your feet get taken out and you end up on the ground and can pass to a teammate I hate it being called a turnover.
Yeah I think in a lot of the scenarios it should be called a foul if something causes your feet to get taken out.

so player has possession of the ball... for whatever reason... falls to the ground... that isn't a travel.

Did that change recently? always remembered it being called a travel

so player has possession of the ball... for whatever reason... falls to the ground... that isn't a travel.

Did that change recently? always remembered it being called a travel
In college and high school it is. I’m not positive on NBA. Not positive if they even have something called a “travel” in their rule book to be honest.

I'm not saying this to put down you guys because it's a legitimate conversation. But reading this makes me think of the terrible NFL rule about "surviving the catch", which literally still no one understands.

I understand that fans see what they want to see, but after watching the sequence back a bunch of times, I noticed a few things:

1) Nick Nurse is a liar. He said he called a timeout during the inbounds and the ref looked at him and ignored him. This isn't true when you watch the tape. He put his hands up as if to call a timeout, but then he stopped himself when the ball was put in play. By the time he firmly did signal timeout, we were already wrestling the ball away from Maxey.

2) Brunson tugs on Maxey's jersey before he receives the ball, that is true. Refs could have called it. They also could have called the push off Maxey did on Hart when he was trying to create space to receive the inbound

I understand that fans see what they want to see, but after watching the sequence back a bunch of times, I noticed a few things:

1) Nick Nurse is a liar. He said he called a timeout during the inbounds and the ref looked at him and ignored him. This isn't true when you watch the tape. He put his hands up as if to call a timeout, but then he stopped himself when the ball was put in play. By the time he firmly did signal timeout, we were already wrestling the ball away from Maxey.

2) Brunson tugs on Maxey's jersey before he receives the ball, that is true. Refs could have called it. They also could have called the push off Maxey did on Hart when he was trying to create space to receive the inbound
Them reversing the Lowry foul ON REPLAY is still, by far, the most egregious ref thing of the game.

I have to edit this post because I just saw that even LeBron agrees!

This is just a Nurse tactic.

The basketball gods are returning the favor for when Reggier Miller would kick us in the balls during the 90s.
Reggie? Well yes he did, but he would ne the second person I mention.

We all know our biggest killer was Michael. That guy killed me watching him kick our asses all those years.

Really starting to hate Embid. Wish it was like hockey and we could put in an enforcer to punch 🥊 him in da face! Badly want to sweep these suckers oh and cluck the Philly fans!

Really starting to hate Embid. Wish it was like hockey and we could put in an enforcer to punch 🥊 him in da face! Badly want to sweep these suckers oh and cluck the Philly fans!
Should have put in Sims to take out Embiid..

To be clear, I'm against dirty play, but if the refs won't call what should be called, and leave Embiid remain in the game, when Robinson is hurt and can't play. Then screw it, we'll get dirty also.

I gotta say, I am feeling less confident about this series. Maybe I am just getting too down after a loss, but just feels like if they match our energy/physicality they can score more than us

I gotta say, I am feeling less confident about this series. Maybe I am just getting too down after a loss, but just feels like if they match our energy/physicality they can score more than us
May have to rely on MSG crowd and energy boast to pull Knicks through because right now Embid and Maxey are ridiculous.

If the refs allow the 76ers to play tackle football, while Embiid (who should have been ejected) gets 75 free throws a game, then the Knicks are in trouble.

If not, the Knicks win this series and put that wretched Philadelphia fanbase out of its misery.

Back