Keeping Up With Old Friends Thread

I’m already mentally preparing myself for the random Kolby King game where he hits a game winner on us with Brando on the call
iDvPLy.gif

USA Basketball gave me $10,000 cash to splurge on the Select Team comprised of the college players and staff. I took them to 4-5 star restaurants each night, hired limos to take them to a club in San Diego after games were done, took them all golfing at the famous PGA course in La Jolla renting clubs and carts and buying balls for each. Really tried to give them an experience.
As I was the USA Basketball athletic trainer for 7 years, I got to know the college guys really well and coaches. We won the 91 gold medal together in England with PJ as the head coach and Roy Williams as his asst.

My first day in camp, I just hung in the makeshift training room at the hotel with the Celtics trainer. Every NBA player used that as a player lounge too. In walks Ewing who recognized me, then Jordan, then Mullin and then the rest. Chris introduced me to each player and that cut the ice with the NBA players towards me!

USA Basketball gave me $10,000 cash to splurge on the Select Team comprised of the college players and staff. I took them to 4-5 star restaurants each night, hired limos to take them to a club in San Diego after games were done, took them all golfing at the famous PGA course in La Jolla renting clubs and carts and buying balls for each. Really tried to give them an experience.
As I was the USA Basketball athletic trainer for 7 years, I got to know the college guys really well and coaches. We won the 91 gold medal together in England with PJ as the head coach and Roy Williams as his asst.

My first day in camp, I just hung in the makeshift training room at the hotel with the Celtics trainer. Every NBA player used that as a player lounge too. In walks Ewing who recognized me, then Jordan, then Mullin and then the rest. Chris introduced me to each player and that cut the ice with the NBA players towards me!
Great stuff AH

So awesome

Back