Help Locate Members Who Haven't Posted In Awhile

Just stumbled upon another poster from years ago who I used to be friendly with. Anyone remember Tha_Deacon? Big hip hop fan.
I think he converted Rastafarianism and is living in Jamaica (not estates).

Speaking of music, to the poster who said that “Carmine from the other board” had bad taste in trumpet players, I’m sure he does, he has bad taste in nearly everything, but that particular exchange had to do with saxophone players. What happened was that I had in one of my BEB monkeyshines mentioned my admiration for the late great tenor player Michael Brecker, opining that a case could be made that he was the greatest tenor sax player ever. Wait, what about Charlie Parker Carmine said. Charlie Parker, I replied, was an alto saxophone player, he practically invented the modern alto saxophone. To prove me wrong Carmine posted a picture of Charlie Parker holding an alto sax, maintaining that it was a tenor. Carmine, I said, I am a professional saxophone player with a degree in the saxophone, I know the difference between alto and tenor saxophones. But Carmine would not be dissuaded. He went on to postulate that his opinion – the untutored opinion of an imbecile who couldn’t tell one saxophone from another – was as legitimate as mine re the art and as proof postulated that a case could be made that he sang opera as well as Rene Fleming. Wow I thought, this guy is exquisitely stupid and I’ve ignored him since. (Ed note: In the last century I lived for bit with a guitar player who romanced Dame Fleming for a couple of months. Every time I see her at the Met I recall the sound her head made as it banged against his headboard, which was in the neighbor hood of D flat, or depending where you are in the circle of fifths, C sharp.
I am pretty happy I screwed up the Carmine story to the point where we received this response.

Something I've learned from this thread as we reminisce about some favorite members who no longer post, is its likely many of them lost interest over the years due to the mediocrity of the program and moved on with their lives. Sad

Bama. What ever happened to your friend that sat next to you at campus? He was almost as sarcastic as me...

Bama. What ever happened to your friend that sat next to you at campus? He was almost as sarcastic as me...
The most technologically challenged person in the country maybe the world. Doesn’t post doesn’t read the board doubt he could find it if his life depended on it. Hasn’t checked his email in 15 years since he retired. Does read the newspaper though so you can contact him there at letters to the editor maybe 🤔😂

Back