Help Locate Members Who Haven't Posted In Awhile

room112

2023 $upporter
I was chatting with my guy @monte through text, and we were admiring how this site is like family. Then we were bringing up some long time posters who we hadn't heard from in awhile. So I figured I'd create a thread and throw out some names, and see if anyone has heard from any of these members in awhile, and fill us in. I event went back to threads created over two decades ago to find screenames of old friends. Anyone heard from any of the following lately?? Also I know I'm missing a lot, so feel free to add any names if members you haven't heard from in awhile.

Della9250
Class of 72
Kred
Traczok
Bobre45
Ccnobz
USguard
tom in salem
Zanman
AlexD
JackOfVirginia
DocButler
OLV72

I was chatting with my guy @monte through text, and we were admiring how this site is like family. Then we were bringing up some long time posters who we hadn't heard from in awhile. So I figured I'd create a thread and throw out some names, and see if anyone has heard from any of these members in awhile, and fill us in. I event went back to threads created over two decades ago to find screenames of old friends. Anyone heard from any of the following lately?? Also I know I'm missing a lot, so feel free to add any names if members you haven't heard from in awhile.

Della9250
Class of 72
Kred
Traczok
Bobre45
Ccnobz
USguard
tom in salem
Zanman
AlexD
JackOfVirginia
DocButler
OLV72
OLV72(Brian) alive and well. Saw him at the Nova game. SS+G?

Della9250
Class of 72
Kred
Traczok
Bobre45
Ccnobz
USguard
tom in salem
Zanman
AlexD
JackOfVirginia
DocButler
OLV72
Beast?

Della9250
Class of 72
Kred
Traczok
Bobre45
Ccnobz
USguard
tom in salem
Zanman
AlexD
JackOfVirginia
DocButler
OLV72
Della not sure
72 Banned I think
Kred excellent question miss his posts
Traczok great friend if mine was up here last year with his wife we went out to lunch
Bobre passed away
ccnobz my guess is under different screen name
Tis I haven't messaged in a while but my friends say he is active on twitter
Zanman not sure but Kranmars is good friends with him
Jack of Virginia a lot of us ae concerned something happened to him he was sick at some point
Doc hasn't posted but he is still playing music I think ususally the blues because of St Johns
OLV72 we text every day he's part of our 114 crew
Beast is doing well we still text

bballpurist is another poster who I haven't seen or heard from in a few years. He and I would occasionally converse via PMs.

Chicago Days? I believe Monte was friends with him so maybe he can answer that one.

I feel like some older, non-tech-savvy posters are still kicking around the old site waiting for people to show up.
He was posting regularly, then occasionally, and soon vanished.

SS&G lived a couple houses from the Sag Harbor Library. If all else fails, we can stand there with a sign of his screen name to get his attention.

He accidentally changed his screen name to his real name once. I just scanned Sag Harbor obits thinking my memory would be jogged if I saw it, but didn't see it.

Banned I think still posts on Jungle occasionally. I'm friends with him on facebook he's a great guy when you meet him. He was the master of talking in the third person I love when he did that. I think Moose went to school with him but I'm not 100% positive on that.

Duke of Earl? usguard? Beast? Desco? Logen?
Duke of Earlington entered state of depression when Earl transferred. Last seen moving to Cali
USGuard I gotta check with Dinkins but that's Johnnyrapper
Beast doing great he came to my Novita redmen poster get together over the summer
Deco to sure if he still posts but we are friends on FB he moved down south somewhere
Logen I dont remember if he quit the board or banned but he's definitely not posting because I know his writing style ( he was littlemin ) before Logen

I liked that guy. He was never a jerk, and on at least one occasion pulled out a word never before used on any fan board ever. šŸ˜ (Wish I could remember what it was now, because this is going to bug me.)
Chi I think was writing a book a few years ago. Super nice guy and exactly in person like he was on the boards

Della not sure
72 Banned I think
Kred excellent question miss his posts
Traczok great friend if mine was up here last year with his wife we went out to lunch
Bobre passed away
ccnobz my guess is under different screen name
Tis I haven't messaged in a while but my friends say he is active on twitter
Zanman not sure but Kranmars is good friends with him
Jack of Virginia a lot of us ae concerned something happened to him he was sick at some point
Doc hasn't posted but he is still playing music I think ususally the blues because of St Johns
OLV72 we text every day he's part of our 114 crew
Beast is doing well we still text
Years ago I was on the redmen.com forum with a screen name that I think included NYC in it but then the site either went down or got hacked and all the data was lost or something to that effect. I worked long hours back then and didn't post much and then stopped following the site for a couple of years when I got seriously ill.
I like the format of this new site and it is very user friendly.
I always read posts on all the sites like BEB, Johnny Jungle, redmen.com and a couple of others that aren't around anymore.
I remember many of the screen names above. I'm sorry to hear about Bobre and SJUfan who passed away. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of others have passed given some are in their 70's and 80's.
I may get grief for this but FUN was my favorite poster.
His humor was dark and insensitive and should have had a separate "members only" access for his content broke every rule there was......and that's what made it the Harvard Lampoon of sports forums. Of course he is still on JJ as FOAD and he owns the BEB site after he assumed ownership of the domain. He may have banned.

DOC Butler was a good guy and I remember going to see him play here on Long Island over 30 years ago. Hope he is well.
I don't know why Beast of the East stopped posting but I also enjoyed his posts.
Class of 72 just disappeared and there is no record of him on the site. He was a good poster and I think he and Maven had a love/hate relationship.
Then there was a really young poster whose name I can't recall other than posters made fun of him as the medium tee shirt guy. He started his own domain that I never visited and I think he was also banned. He may have been banned for being repetitive and negative. Ironically, that's how many posters feel these days regarding CMA.
Another fan who doesn't post any longer is lawman who was or is a mod. Hope he is well.
The only mods who post regarding the team appear to be redmennorth, Knight and Espenken. They are great posters. Mkras has also disappeared. Hope he is well.
OhioFan seems to only post warnings and I think serves as the official hit man for the mods as Paul described his assuming the unpleasant duties which I assume means he bans posters.
I know a couple of posters mentioned have had serious health issues and that makes some of the BS spouted here irrelevant in the bigger journey of life.
It appears the fans will soon be faced with another mediocre season and possible changing of the guards and depending on the direction of the program, I'm sure some of us may soon get further detached from the drama here on what is now red.com and the program itself because time is no longer on our side in many cases and life is too short to take any sport too seriously.
Do you hear me Beast?

Back