(GAVITT) Nebraska, Thur., Nov. 17, 6:30p, FS-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love it when message board experts declare teams not good and games not important in mid-November. Like you said, every game is a big game. There's only 31 regular season games, sometimes 1 game is the difference between making the tournament or sitting at home. Nobody knows how good or bad Nebraska is going to be this year.

When I hear people talk like that it let's me know they don't really watch college basketball outside of the school they follow. Because there's upsets every single day, there's teams that struggle in November and are really good by March, and there's teams that were really bad the previous year and then really good the following year.
it is funny because if someone is admitting a loss would be a bad loss, then you are basically saying that it is in fact a big game. Part of the game in OOC is avoiding bad losses that will come back to haunt your resume in March. If we are playing a lesser team, it makes the game important in a different way.

so lets go take care of business

From redstormsports.com, discounted tickets for Queens residents for tonight's Nebraska game -

Thursday will also serve as the first of the Red Storm's five "Borough Nights" set to take place throughout the season. Thursday's honored borough is Queens and all Queens residents are eligible to receive discounted tickets when purchasing through this link.

Hope they have some deal enticing more students to come tonight...
-Thirsty Thursday pregame with the Johnnies!
-Free pizza
-A on the midterm....

Something lol

Why’s this board so negative now? It is not a no win game. We win and we’re 4-0 heading to Barclays instead of 3-1 with a home loss.

Gotta win the game in front of you. Every games a big game in college basketbal
Exact point. If we win it is 4-0 with a Quad 3-4 victory which helps us ZILCH. We lose we will have a killer home loss that could cost us bigly.
We need to start winning overall so we don't get stuck in these games vs low caliber Big 12 opponents.

Exact point. If we win it is 4-0 with a Quad 3-4 victory which helps us ZILCH. We lose we will have a killer home loss that could cost us bigly.
We need to start winning overall so we don't get stuck in these games vs low caliber Big 12 opponents.

Nebraska is in the B1G. But agree need to get out of the bottom half to improve the matchups in these inter conference challenges. Some schools have marketability to overcome a 7th place finish and 6th place prediction and get a higher profile opponent, STJ doesn't.

Nebraska is in the B1G. But agree need to get out of the bottom half to improve the matchups in these inter conference challenges. Some schools have marketability to overcome a 7th place finish and 6th place prediction and get a higher profile opponent, STJ doesn't.
not the big 10, but we played Kansas last year. Re soft schedule, will have many opportunities in conference play

not the big 10, but we played Kansas last year. Re soft schedule, will have many opportunities in conference play

I believe that particular match up was an outlier. No doubt UBS arena wanted and heavily lobbied for a headliner for their first basketball game to make a splash. Unsure if there were financial considerations to make that happen..

Agree. We all complained about the non conference schedule last season for a team that went 8-11 in conference play. From now on I’ll only complain about the non conference schedule retroactively for teams that go over .500 in the BE and still don’t make it. The way to sustainable success is to establish yourself as a consistent winner in conference play. SJU is still climbing unfortunately.

I agree there’s merit to scheduling some tough games to prepare for conference play as well as help a bubbly resume but the Big East isn’t a mid major. Everyone in the conference has more opportunities than 70% of the other teams in D1 to get Quad 1 & 2 wins. If the team is tournament worthy it usually proves out.

Kansas and Indiana?

No surprise, hot seat for Hoiberg. Nebraska has to be one of the toughest P5 jobs -

FRED HOIBERG, NEBRASKA
Record:
24-67, 9-50 (3 seasons)
Contract: 2020 signed a one-year extension through 2026-27

Hoiberg restructured his contract so the buyout dropped from $18.5 million to $11 million. He just hasn’t had the same level of success in Lincoln that he had at his alma mater, Iowa State, winning just nine Big Ten contests in three years at Nebraska.

I don't even know why he took that job. Nebraska is a horrible program.

But we aren't much better in one respect: only two P5teams not to win an NCAA game in 20 years

Agree. We all complained about the non conference schedule last season for a team that went 8-11 in conference play. From now on I’ll only complain about the non conference schedule retroactively for teams that go over .500 in the BE and still don’t make it. The way to sustainable success is to establish yourself as a consistent winner in conference play. SJU is still climbing unfortunately.

I agree there’s merit to scheduling some tough games to prepare for conference play as well as help a bubbly resume but the Big East isn’t a mid major. Everyone in the conference has more opportunities than 70% of the other teams in D1 to get Quad 1 & 2 wins. If the team is tournament worthy it usually proves out.
Fact: we aren't that good. We cannot schedule Michigan State's Non Conference schedule and not go 3-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back