(GAVITT) Nebraska, Thur., Nov. 17, 6:30p, FS-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom line on this game is we either have to defend the three to not let Their shooters go off or create enough turnovers to turn into easy baskets and extra possessions to counteract their ability to shoot the three. If we can’t do one of those two things there’s a good chance we could lose this game. We could also get hot from three ourselves. If Storr can continue to shoot the way he did last game with Wusu, Jones and Mathis that works also but the defensive effort has to be there. We can’t have a first half against Nebraska like we had against Central Connecticut.

The bottom line on this game is we either have to defend the three to not let Their shooters go off or create enough turnovers to turn into easy baskets and extra possessions to counteract their ability to shoot the three. If we can’t do one of those two things there’s a good chance we could lose this game. We could also get hot from three ourselves. If Storr can continue to shoot the way he did last game with Wusu, Jones and Mathis that works also but the defensive effort has to be there. We can’t have a first half against Nebraska like we had against Central Connecticut.
This is all true. Nebraska is shooting .34% from 3 but they are allowing .37% from downtown. SJU is shooting .41% from 3 and allowing .33% so it could be a shootout from beyond the arc. Nebraska has only taken about 40 treys so far or about 3 or 4 more than Devi Jones. ;)

Last edited:
Looking forward to playing a team with a slight uptick in talent. Playing what seemed like glorified high school teams (teams ranked in the upper 200s and above 300 range nationally) never prepares a Big East team for conference play.

Nebraska is picked to finish dead last in the Big Ten.

I can't say that I'm sorry.
For the things that we'd done.
At least for a little while sir.
Me and Posh, we had us some fun.

Luca is a St. John's alumnus
Nice to see that Luca landed in a good career opportunity. I’m afraid however, if Nebraska’s basketball fortunes don’t change fairly soon (Big Ten doormat for several years), he and the rest of the hoops staff may be looking for other employment. This is after all, The Big Ten.

That’s your only comment? They are supposed to finish in the last half of their conference.
Well... they did beat Maine who just went on the road and knocked off BC and it didn't even look like an upset. Sorry if you thought I was being flip. Not my intention.

Earlier this football season I politely posted on a Nebraska fan message board the question whether Nebraska fans regret their school joining the Big Ten Conference. The majority of responses said that financially the Big Ten Conference made sense but that the better quality competition has hurt the school’s athletic standing.
(note: Nebraska football is 3 wins and 7 losses thus far this season.)
It did kill one of football‘s many great rivalries, Oklahoma/Nebraska.

Why’s this board so negative now? It is not a no win game. We win and we’re 4-0 heading to Barclays instead of 3-1 with a home loss.

Gotta win the game in front of you. Every games a big game in college basketball
Gotta love it when message board experts declare teams not good and games not important in mid-November. Like you said, every game is a big game. There's only 31 regular season games, sometimes 1 game is the difference between making the tournament or sitting at home. Nobody knows how good or bad Nebraska is going to be this year.

When I hear people talk like that it let's me know they don't really watch college basketball outside of the school they follow. Because there's upsets every single day, there's teams that struggle in November and are really good by March, and there's teams that were really bad the previous year and then really good the following year.

The two teams in this game have combined to play 5 games going into tomorrow. Their opponents and their Kenpom rankings:

298 Merrimack
302 Lafayette
332 Nebraska Omaha
334 Central Connecticut
343 Maine

First non-terrible opponent for both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back