(GAVITT) Nebraska, Thur., Nov. 17, 6:30p, FS-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big game. If we can get a Big 10 win before the Empire Classic, that would be huge for us. I think it will be close but we will win by double digits in the end. This st johns team is legit. The additions of Jones, Curbello and Storr are a huge upgrade over last years team.

They do have two kids who I wanted here . . . but I think we'll still win by 20. I refuse to believe that Nebraska is any good in basketball.

Well they sure ain’t any good in football 🏈
Earlier this football season I politely posted on a Nebraska fan message board the question whether Nebraska fans regret their school joining the Big Ten Conference. The majority of responses said that financially the Big Ten Conference made sense but that the better quality competition has hurt the school’s athletic standing.
(note: Nebraska football is 3 wins and 7 losses thus far this season.)

FWIW, one of their two wins was against Maine to open the season. Maine subsequently beat Boston College. Probably more of a statement on the fall of BC but it’s something. Given our weak out of conference schedule we NEED to win this game especially at home.

No surprise, hot seat for Hoiberg. Nebraska has to be one of the toughest P5 jobs -

FRED HOIBERG, NEBRASKA
Record:
24-67, 9-50 (3 seasons)
Contract: 2020 signed a one-year extension through 2026-27

Hoiberg restructured his contract so the buyout dropped from $18.5 million to $11 million. He just hasn’t had the same level of success in Lincoln that he had at his alma mater, Iowa State, winning just nine Big Ten contests in three years at Nebraska.

The one thing to watch out for with Nebraska is that Wilcher, Bandoumel and Tominaga are good three point shooters and that's been our weakness on defense. We can’t let those guys get off. We must tighten up defending these three point shooters.
I have watched Bandoumel play often, and the kid is very good, we can't let him get hot and have a big game against us.

Johnnies are not good enough to have these lousy first halves and waltz to wins v better teams, a bad habit in short sample. Nebraska is not very good, but don’t put them in position to steal a game with lackadaisical first half performance.

Earlier this football season I politely posted on a Nebraska fan message board the question whether Nebraska fans regret their school joining the Big Ten Conference. The majority of responses said that financially the Big Ten Conference made sense but that the better quality competition has hurt the school’s athletic standing.
(note: Nebraska football is 3 wins and 7 losses thus far this season.)
Nothing to do with better quality completion. Nebraska went from a perennial top 10 team to a cellar dweller. It would be one thing to say they lost a game or two more each year bc of better completion but now they’re losing more than half their games each year.

Temple did just beat Nova, and their losses to Vandy and Wagner were by a combined total of 5 points. Not that we should take anyone lightly but Temple has one upset and has been right in all of their games down to the wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back