failed to qualify

according to cbs and st johns, sampson, pelle and garrett did not qualify. turns this season upside down. too bad

7 man team.
That's gonna be brutal.

Kieran_LynchKieran Lynch

#stjbb RT @GoodmanCBS: St Johns trio of Amir Garrett, Jakaar Sampson and Norvel Pelle all didnt qualify for this year - per St. John's.

another tweet by goodman says that st johns is hopeful to get them eligible for the second semester. yes a 7 man team is brutal

Sorry for the double post, but I now see 3-15 in the BE as very possible this year. In fact, with half of our Top 100 guys gone (and am I the only one here who thinks Garrett is gone for good?), 3-15 might be the BEST that we could do this year.

Now, Lavin is forced to play a halfcourt game with guys who can't play halfcourt.

I am still looking forward to this season, because the best thing that can happen to it is the 2012-2013 season will be upon us before you know it, and that is when I expect us to start making hay.

I know some fans totally lost patientce during the Norm years, but that's all you can really give right now. 

glass half full...second half eligible plus next year. let's hope. at least there's a chance. it would have been brutal if they had gone the derwin kitchen route..

Fratto has told Zags that they might be on the court in December   

Actually here's the full tweet:

`We are pursuing avenues that may make spring enrollment possible, which could mean they could potentially be on the court in December.` #stjbb spokesman Mark Fratto on Sampson, Garrett & Pelle 

Fratto has told Zags that they will be on the court in December  

That's not what Mark said. Mark said they are exploring avenues that MAY make spring enrollment possible. It's a HUGE if.

Whose going to play the 5 now if God's Gift ever gets into foul trouble?? Harkless? HUGE weight on God's Gift's shoulders now.

Now, this article substituts Harkless for Pelle. I'm assuming this is a misprint, correct?

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/32001979

Article also hints Sampson may be done here, but seeing that I think there is already one inaccuarcy, who knows?

Also, give Phil Mushnick credit. He was questioning these guys academics a year ago, and we were all killing him for it (with me being the ringleader). Turns out, he was right on half of these guys. 

I guess the question now is what percent chance do these 3 have for becoming eligible for spring and do they want to stick around the 3 months. I am sure that this has been addressed.

I guess these are one of the pit-falls of really starting from scratch. When u have to put together an entire roster, things good and bad are bound to happen.

hopefully we will see the entire squad on the court mid dec.

Now, this article substituts Harkless for Pelle. I'm assuming this is a misprint, correct?

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/32001979

Article also hints Sampson may be done here, but seeing that I think there is already one inaccuarcy, who knows?

Also, give Phil Mushnick credit. He was questioning these guys academics a year ago, and we were all killing him for it (with me being the ringleader). Turns out, he was right on half of these guys. 

I'm thinking Mushnick player mathematical roulette.
Is anyone here surprised that we didn't go 9 for 9?

That's not what Mark said. Mark said they are exploring avenues that MAY make spring enrollment possible. It's a HUGE if.

Whose going to play the 5 now if God's Gift ever gets into foul trouble?? Harkless? HUGE weight on God's Gift's shoulders now.

Yeah, I edited my post with the actual tweet once I saw it 

Well this really sucks. Chances of us having a good season most likely is out the window. If they can start playing in December it would be huge, if not, we're in for a horrible season record wise. We only have one player who can play the 4/5 role. 

as tarkanian pointed out back in the day...ohio state got caught cheating...look for cleveland state to go on probation.

now it's ohio state and miami...so, as usual...the ncaa comes down on us.

i hate these hypocrites.

Back