Euro's 2016

Down goes Spain to Italy. Between Argentina yesterday and this result, my Barca- rooting friend is probably on suicide watch. :( ;)

Next up in the battle of the axis powers, Germany bursts Italy's bubble.

FYI, Germany has never beat Italy in a major tournament. Conte to keep the dream alive.

By the way I'm part Italian and German. Its a no lose situation for me.

I know, but right now I think Germany is better. The key for Germany will be to get out early because I don't think the Italians are built for a comeback. If Meuller wakes up from his tournament slumber Germany should win.

Belgium are best value bet. Their backline are weak IMO but great goalie and strong midfield/wingers. The value comes from the fact that they will be favored in both quarters and semis(if they win).

I predicted them to win the whole thing from the git go and now they're rounding into form. I think Courtois is maybe the second best goalie in the world. Plus, my wife likes DeBryune because she thinks he looks like Prince Harry. :) ;) I think he's been the best player in the tournament so far, regardless of who he looks like.

Round of 16
Switzerland – Poland. Poor game but goal of the tournament by Shaq.
Wales - N. Ireland. Poor game, O.G. wins it
Croatia – Portugal. Poor game. Christiano who?
France – Ireland. Decent game, you knew Ireland could not hold on.
Germany – Slovakia. Trounced.
Hungary – Belgium. Trounced, part deux.
Italy – Spain. Best game of this round, all out action.
England – Iceland. Oh dear, Joe Hart.

Quarter Finals
Poland-Portugal Going with CR7 here
Wales-Belgium Waffles over Leeks
Germany-Italy Germany, but barely
Iceland-France Allez les Bleus, fairytale ends

Pierogi, Waterzoi, Schitzel and this really pains me in more ways than one. snails.

0fer to start. My only consolation is that Sanches will be at Bayern, kid looks like the goods and he's only 18 :eek:hmy:

Wales are doing a Leicester. Great performance. Feel sorry for Ramsey who will miss the semi. He has been great. Bale was quiet but it mattered not.

Belgium flatter to deceive. A lot of star power from the big EPL clubs but looked disjointed today. They missed Vertonghen, Kompany etc.

That was an excellent game. I expect the remaining QFs to be very good as well.

Could be a Wales - Iceland final!!

Wales are doing a Leicester. Great performance. Feel sorry for Ramsey who will miss the semi. He has been great. Bale was quiet but it mattered not.

Belgium flatter to deceive. A lot of star power from the big EPL clubs but looked disjointed today. They missed Vertonghen, Kompany etc.

That was an excellent game. I expect the remaining QFs to be very good as well.

Could be a Wales - Iceland final!!

After the first goal I thought Begium was just going to roll, but they got rolled over. Just goes to show that team play and heart can beat out superior talent (on paper).

What was Boateng thinking when he went up for that corner with both arms up? Anyway Germany breaks the schnied and gets to invade France yet again in the semis, unless Iceland pulls off a miracle.

Ok, it's on to the semis. My picks are bachalau and vinho verde over welsh rarebit and schnitzel and bier over escargot and French whine.

I will say Wales and Germany in the finals.

I think the suspensions will hurt Wales, (Davies, Ramsey), so I am going with Portugal. The Bale-Ronaldo match-up will get all the pre-game press.

Germany and France is a tough one to pick but I think home advantage will be the key. France to edge it. They seemed to have hit good form at the right time.

Slightly off topic but EPL just announced their fixtures and I'll be in London on Aug 27 so im planning on going to either Stamford Bridge or White Hart Lane. Anyone on this sub have a reliable ticket purchasing site or suggestions?

if you go to Chelsea official website Chelseafc.com they will give you a list of authorized ticket brokers. I bought a package from one of them last year for tickets and hotel which is on Chelsea property and it was great and convenient. Lots of fake tickets out there. Don't use a broker that isn't on their list.

Thanks! seems to be the way to go.

FYI, tickets not on sale yet. I think early July when game times are posted.

Yup, I've added my email on the notification list for Stamford Bridge. Thanks again

FYI, I just received an email about ticket packages so tickets must be on sale now. Looking forward to the start of the season.

France-Portugal it is then. No Schumacher - Battiston incident today, thank goodness. Germans came close but could not beat Lloris. Home team to prevail in the final.

France-Portugal it is then. No Schumacher - Battiston incident today, thank goodness. Germans came close but could not beat Lloris. Home team to prevail in the final.

I know France is going to be the favorite but I jut can't bring myself to root for or pick them, I'm going for the big upset.

I know France is going to be the favorite but I jut can't bring myself to root for or pick them, I'm going for the big upset.

I'm leaving for Paris tonight. Hopefully its a great game. I'm rooting for Portugal but don't see how they can beat France. Ronaldo needs to come up big but can Portugal contain Griezmann?

My prognosticating is cursed for torture. Argentina 4K in the WC. Lost in the final. Atletico Madrid for 2.5k this year's UCL. Lost in the final.

Portugal this year in the Euro's at 18-1. It's 1800 bucks flat and I know I won't come close to sniffing it Sunday. Oh well!

:cheer: :cheer: :) :)

You called it!

nailed Portugal pre-Euros at 18-1 and finally hit it big in a final. and they won 1 game within 90 min this tournament!

You called it!

Yeah, but your predictions were better throughout the tournament.

Back