C Palace - West Brom
Everton - Spurs
Middlesboro - Stoke
Southampton - Watford
Man City - Sunderland
Bournemouth - Man Utd (Sun)
Arsenal – Liverpool (Sun)
Chelsea - West Ham (Mon)

After the miracle of Leicester last year, there are no sure-things; however, I would be shocked if they can repeat. They have lost the “surprise” element, Kante left and also have Europe to deal with. Big name / new managers at several clubs: Man C., Man U, Everton, Chelsea. The Manchester clubs and Chelsea have strengthened their squads significantly. Spurs and WHam will be looking to build on last years solid campaigns…

What used to be a Big 4 is now more like a Big 8. TV money has leveled the field significantly and on any given Saturday, one of the big boys can be taken down. The league is more competitive than ever and it could go down to the wire with the winner having lost 6-8 games.

Arsenal addressed the need to have a ball-winning CM in Xhaka but have not yet signed a CD or striker. With Mert and now Gabriel apparently crocked (and I am not a big fan of either) it means Chambers and Holding need to step up. Koscielny, Ozil and Giroud will not be available for Sunday, still resting from the Euro’s… Ox, Cazorla, Elneny, Xhaka, Campbell, Akpom and Iowbi all looked good pre-season. Theo saved his best for Man C yesterday, otherwise has looked very poor. Be interesting to see who Wenger picks to start on Sun... A veritable plethora of midfielders but very thin at CD and no goal-poacher-fox-in-the-box...

Excited for the season to begin.

Agreed on Leicester. A lot of things had to go right for them to have the championship run they enjoyed last season and I can't see lightning striking twice. Expecting a big rebound from Chelsea and a better performance from ManU.

I'm hopeful that my West Ham boys can continue to build on what was started last year. The move to the Olympic Stadium is a big step up and we drew 54K to the two non-league matches played there over the past week.

So much talent across the league. Should be a very entertaining season.

Pogba will go down as one of the worst signings of the year. They gave him away for free and now had to pay 125mm or whatever it was to get him back. It will be comical watching them struggle.

City have to be favorites this year. Picked up Stones today to shore up their back line. They are loaded. If I had to pick a darkhorse maybe Klopp can revitalize the Reds? Really there are 7 or 8 teams who can reach top 4 between Man City, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, Leicester. Should be a fun season!!

Not a ton of excitement on Saturday. Man City did not look great but won. Leicester are coming back to earth. Everton held Spurs. Things got exciting on Sunday. Man U, even without the $5 billion Pogba looked good but the pick of the bunch was Arse 3-4 ‘Pool.

Not for the first time, Wenger got it wrong in terms of not signing where cover is needed, game preparation and team selection. Two neophytes at CD. Talks about resting players from the Euro’s but puts Ramsey in ahead of Cazorla. Joel Campbell who had a very good pre-season is not even on the bench. Alexis is good but is not a line leading striker. Everyone knew Walcott should not be taking penno’s. To fair to Chambers and Holding, both Bellerin and Monreal were worse!

Great goals by L’Pool though… but lose at Leicester on Sat and Msr. Wenger will be feeling the heat!

The Manchester clubs are off the a quick start and I would not be surprised if they are battling it out come May.

Perplexed as to why Wenger would loan out Joel Campbell... unless he has an ace signing up up his sleeve. I would take Joel over Theo any day.

Man C, Man U and Chelsea setting the early pace with maximum points. The league is off for two weeks now with WC qualifying. Manchester derby on Sept 10 should be tasty.

Wenger found his check book and signed an established CB Mustafi (German international) and a forward Lucas (who?). He could be the next Eduardo or, gasp, Chamakh... Apparently Lucas is Vardy-esque. Any competition for Giroud is a good thing. Alexis belongs on the wing.

Some excellent games and goals today. De Bruyne was great at OT, Snodgrass scored a peach and what about Koscielny's overhead kick? Man C. goalie lucky not to see red. Wenger had one eye on PSG, with Giroud, Sanchez and Xhaka all on the bench.

Man C setting the pace, five wins out of five. They did the same last year. Nice win by L'Pool over Chelsea. Watford very deserved winners over Man U today, 3-1.

My vote for goal of the week, Granit Xhaka. I do not understand why he is not starting...

Man C now 6-0-0. Spurs, Arsenal and L'Pool trying to keep up. The Gunners had a long overdue win (3-0) against Chelsea without breaking much of a sweat.

Man C now 6-0-0. Spurs, Arsenal and L'Pool trying to keep up. The Gunners had a long overdue win (3-0) against Chelsea without breaking much of a sweat.

You remember Nolan Richardson's 40 minutes of hell?
Say hello to Liverpool.

You remember Nolan Richardson's 40 minutes of hell?
Say hello to Liverpool.

Good comparison. Klopp has molded the team to press and attack at every opportunity. The downside could be fatigue over a long season and injuries.

Man C succumbed to their first defeat of the season, losing 2-0 at WHL. A deserved victory for Spurs.

Liverpool and Arsenal both won, the latter in very late and controversial circumstances with Koscielny bundling the ball in with his arm. It was not intentional but it should have been a free kick to Burnley.

Only two points separate the top four teams with seven games in the bag. Off now for two weeks for WC qualifying.

Swansea hires Bob Bradley as manager. So Klinsmann remains at the helm, for whatever nonsensical reasons, and a guy US Soccer lets go, gets hired in their premier league. Hmmm.

Good weekend for the Gunners: Man C, Spurs, L'pool, Man U and Everton all drew. Spurs remain undefeated but injuries could be a problem for them.

Arsenal made it hard work over the Swans, spoiling Bradley's debut. Walcott was twice-Theo-on-the-spot (while missing three others) and Ozil scored a beauty but Xhaka will not be selling DVD's of his performance.

Tight at the top: Man C, Arsenal, 'Pool all on 20; Chelsea and Spurs on 19.

Chelsea eviscerated Man U 4-0. Arsenal need to be beating teams like Middlesbrough if they want stay in the running.

Tight at the top: Man C, Arsenal, 'Pool all on 23; Chelsea on 22 and Spurs on 20.

Arsenal beat The Black Cats handily enough 4-1 but at 1-1, I admit I was worried. Giroud came on as a sub and scored with his first two touches. Alexis got the other two. No Walcott but the Ox was a willing replacement.

Spurs vs Arsenal next week - should be a good game.

Chelsea and Liverpool are the form teams, both had resounding wins over Everton (5-0) and Watford (6-1) respectively. Conte and Klopp benefiting from no Champs league.

The NLD ended 1-1 and could have gone either way but Cech was the busier of the goalies.

After 11 games:
L'pool 26 pts
Chels 25
Man C 24
Arse 24
Spurs 21
Man U 18

Chelsea the form team with seven straight wins. Latest victims were Middlesbrough. Spurs left it late but overcame WHam. Man C beat Palace and Man U and Arsenal drew. The Red Devils were the better team for 89 mins but Giroud came off the bench to level it at 1-1 with a bullet header from an Ox cross.

After 12 games:

Chels 28 pts
L'pool 27
Man C 27
Arse 25
Spurs 24 (still unbeaten)
Man U 19

As you were at the top, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man C and Arsenal all won and seem to putting a little daylight between them and the rest of the pack.

Bob Bradley got his first league win with Swansea, a chaotic 5-4 scoreline over Palace. The Swans scored twice in added time. Pardew's team have lost six on the trot and he might not last until Christmas.

Back