EPL 2013-14

Well kids, while Man City draw with Norwich and Chelsea are held by WBA and the Arse and Man U play to a 0-0 stalemate, lowly old Liverpool, who have haven't been worth tuppence in the PL in donkeys years, have quietly gone unbeaten in 2014 and are within striking distance of the top. Arsenal's push is fading. No Walcott and no Ramsey means not much for Ozil to aim for. A novena and a trip to Lourdes will be needed in the FA Cup on Sun and a full blown miracle against BM in the CL.

Well kids, while Man City draw with Norwich and Chelsea are held by WBA and the Arse and Man U play to a 0-0 stalemate, lowly old Liverpool, who have haven't been worth tuppence in the PL in donkeys years, have quietly gone unbeaten in 2014 and are within striking distance of the top. Arsenal's push is fading. No Walcott and no Ramsey means not much for Ozil to aim for. A novena and a trip to Lourdes will be needed in the FA Cup on Sun and a full blown miracle against BM in the CL.

At least Ribery is out for the Bayern clash.

Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U all win. So not much change at the top. Spurs lose at lowly Norwich.

Any one of the first four can go on a run and win it. Only four points separate them.

At the other end, West Ham have pulled away and I think Fulham and Cardiff will go down. Not sure who will join them...

Man City win at Hull as expected.
Chelsea lose at Villa, unexpected.
Liverpool roast Man U 3-0 at Old Trafford, could have been more. Is Moyes toast?
Arsenal hang on for dear life @ Spurs and win 1-0, brilliant Rosicky goal. Koscielny and Mertesacker were immense. Chesney, not so much...

All this means any one of the top 4 can win it... although City and Chelsea must still be favorites. Very exciting race.

Still think Fulham and Cardiff are doomed but a couple of wins and that could all change.

Every time I see Roberto Martinez wearing an Everton jacket, it makes me sick to my stomach.

The away support was stellar today although the product on the pitch (and behind the bench) is utter crap.

After this weekend, Liverpool would appear to be favorites, Man City second and Chelsea third. However, both Man C and Chels have to go to Anfield, so who knows?

It is safe to say Arsenal's challenge is done and they need to get their act together or Everton will steal 4th. And Wigan are no pushovers in the FA Cup!

After this weekend, Liverpool would appear to be favorites, Man City second and Chelsea third. However, both Man C and Chels have to go to Anfield, so who knows?

It is safe to say Arsenal's challenge is done and they need to get their act together or Everton will steal 4th. And Wigan are no pushovers in the FA Cup!

I think its Man City's title to lose. Liverpool's backline is horrible. It'll cost them some big points down the stretch. What a joke that Chelsea was done in by Villa and Crystal Palace. Chelsea 2-0 vs Man City, 1-0 vs Liverpool and 1-0-1 against Arsenal. Too bad there arent playoffs. Chelsea is a big game team.

How funny that Wenger will finally get a trophy but lose out on a CL spot. I really hope that Everton wins that 4th spot.

I think its Man City's title to lose. Liverpool's backline is horrible. It'll cost them some big points down the stretch. What a joke that Chelsea was done in by Villa and Crystal Palace. Chelsea 2-0 vs Man City, 1-0 vs Liverpool and 1-0-1 against Arsenal. Too bad there arent playoffs. Chelsea is a big game team.

How funny that Wenger will finally get a trophy but lose out on a CL spot. I really hope that Everton wins that 4th spot.

Wenger has not signed a new contract and if they finish outside the top 4, he needs to move on. If they do not win the FA Cup, he needs to move on.

Liverpool vs. Man City this weekend. Must-see TV! At this stage I am begrudgingly rooting for L'Pool. I have many friends who are 'Pool fans and I have their backs...

But there is one absolute pr*ck at work who became a Liverpool fan last year and is proving to be unbearable the last few weeks... One bad apple as they say.

Well the L'Pool-Man C game did not disappoint and the Reds took another major step towards the title with a 3-2 win. City were hampered by an unfit Kompany and the beast that is Yaya Toure went off injured. Mark your calendars for April 27th: Liverpool at home to Chelsea. Huge game. This thing is not over by a long shot but only four games to go. Exciting even for neutrals.

In the FA Cup, Arsenal played like crap and were lucky to survive vs. Wigan and are through to the Final to face Hull.

Although mathematically possible with only three games left, it is hard to see either Chelsea or Man City catching Liverpool. Although if Chelsea beat L'pool on Sunday 4/27, it could set the cat among the pigeons… The fight for fourth is between Arsenal and Everton, with Arsenal having the slight edge in points and an easier run in. It also helps that Ramsey, Ozil and Koscielny are back for Arsenal.

Further down the table, the rumors are flying that Man U are about to give Moyes the chop. They have had a terrible season by their standards.

At the bottom, any one of five teams could go down. An exciting year at both ends of the table.

Although mathematically possible with only three games left, it is hard to see either Chelsea or Man City catching Liverpool. Although if Chelsea beat L'pool on Sunday 4/27, it could set the cat among the pigeons… The fight for fourth is between Arsenal and Everton, with Arsenal having the slight edge in points and an easier run in. It also helps that Ramsey, Ozil and Koscielny are back for Arsenal.

Further down the table, the rumors are flying that Man U are about to give Moyes the chop. They have had a terrible season by their standards.

At the bottom, any one of five teams could go down. An exciting year at both ends of the table.

Since you didn't mention it, obviously the rumors were correct.

Cat among pigeons: Liverpool 0 - 2 Chelsea. Goals for Ba (assisted by Stevie G) and Torres.

A master-class in tactics, defending and capitalizing on mistakes by Mourinho & Chelsea.

If Man City win their 3 remaining games, they are champions.

Still no team officially relegated but with only two games left for Norwich, Fulham and Cardiff, those three seem the likely candidates. There may still be a twist or two left for Sunderland, West Brom and Villa...

Arsenal expected to win vs. The Magpies tonight.

Cat among pigeons: Liverpool 0 - 2 Chelsea. Goals for Ba (assisted by Stevie G) and Torres.

A master-class in tactics, defending and capitalizing on mistakes by Mourinho & Chelsea.

If Man City win their 3 remaining games, they are champions.

Still no team officially relegated but with only two games left for Norwich, Fulham and Cardiff, those three seem the likely candidates. There may still be a twist or two left for Sunderland, West Brom and Villa...

Arsenal expected to win vs. The Magpies tonight.

My guys deserve to go down having blown a 2-nil lead to Hull at home. Very sad. Then again, they were a second division (now first division) team when I first started supporting them, and I have full faith that they will be back up soon.

Yes, farewell to Fulham and Cardiff and probably Norwich. Sunderland seem to have pulled off the Houdini.

At the top, they can start engraving MAN CI... on the trophy. Liverpool had a slim chance today to close the gap on goal difference and were actually well on their way with a 3-0 lead after 78 minutes.... but conspired to give up 3 in the next ten minutes and draw 3-3 with Palace. Wow-wo-wee-waw. Which is worse, the Steven Gerard slip vs Chelsea, or shipping goals galore when a win as assured?

Arsenal won 1-0 over WBA in a meaningless game. Roll on the FA Cup Final in two weeks.

After 38 games it went down to the last day and Man City are champions, two points clear of Liverpool. Chelsea and Arsenal get the other Champions League slots.

Cardiff, Fulham and Norwich relegated. Leicester and Burnley promoted, 3rd place TBD.

Man City and Liverpool played some great football over the past 9 months, the negative being Man City's squad was assembled with oil money to the tune of $1B. UEFA has financial fair play rules that do not seem to have much teeth... although a hefty fine and reduced squad for CL seems imminent for Man C.

FA Cup final on Sat: Arsenal favorites over Hull. It will be on Fox.

World Cup starts June 12, 4pm ET, Brazil vs Croatia! US to name their squad tomorrow (I think).

After 38 games it went down to the last day and Man City are champions, two points clear of Liverpool. Chelsea and Arsenal get the other Champions League slots.

Crystal Palace, Fulham and Norwich relegated. Leicester and Burnley promoted, 3rd place TBD.

Man City and Liverpool played some great football over the past 9 months, the negative being Man City's squad was assembled with oil money to the tune of $1B. UEFA has financial fair play rules that do not seem to have much teeth... although a hefty fine and reduced squad for CL seems imminent for Man C.

FA Cup final on Sat: Arsenal favorites over Hull. It will be on Fox.

World Cup starts June 12, 4pm ET, Brazil vs Croatia! US to name their squad tomorrow (I think).

Klinsmann announcing 30 man provisional roster this afternoon. Training camp starts Wednesday at Stanford. Final 23 man roster to be announced on June 2nd.

Footnote to the 2013-14 season: Arsenal beat Hull 3-2 at Wembley today to win the FA Cup for the 11th time. After a disastrous start, down 0-2 after 10 mins, Arsenal fought back with goals from Cazorla, Koscielny and Ramsey (extra time). Hull battled well but Arsenal were deserved winners. It was an exciting game, despite the howling of Gus Johnson and a ref that was determined to keep Hull in the game. First trophy for Wenger in 9 years; fans are hopeful the corner has been turned.

In Spain, Atletico held Barca 1-1 and the men from Madrid are La Liga champs, breaking the 10 year Real Madrid & Barca duopoly. Atletico face Real on Sat in the Champs League Final but will likely be without top scorer Diego Costa who went off injured today.

Back