(EMPIRE Games @Barclays) Syracuse, Tue., Nov. 22, 9:30p, ESPN-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soriano at the FT line might limit his chances on the glass and some dunks, but he would be by far the easiest target to get the ball to. He has shown the ability and confidence to hit the 15 foot jumper this year, could be a look that we are able to get tonight.

He refs whistle will be a large determining factor.

Girard does not like contact. Both Posh and Anrdre play hands on defense.

If Boeheim is successful having the refs call Ticky- Tacky fouls then SU’s chances increase.

If the refs let the kids play as they did last night the StJohn’s wins.

I could have sworn I saw 7pm, but now I can only find 9:30.

Be prepared for both.

Don't let their 3 point hitter go crazy.

We NEED Jones to have a 5 3pt game to hurt their zone.

Wusu needs to remember how to play basketball.

Another option, but having watched him now a bit I always worry about the overall decision-making. But I think they will rotate multiple guys through that role. Wusu possibly as well. Maybe even Mathis with how he's been playing although I see him potentially more on the corner/wing.
If they let us put that trampoline at the foul line I think having Wusu flash to the foul line could work. No trampoline then def not

Curbelo has the quickness to slash to zone and dish off. He should be able to slice trough like butter.

Per ESPN:

SJU is -3.5, O/U 154.5 (they were right on with 150 for last night's games), with 68.7% chance of outright victory.

While I do sometimes like the ignore a problem and just hope it goes away approach, in this case I think we should address it almost like an intervention
In fact I think all Wusu teammates should gather and show him endless clips of his flat footed layups getting smashed. This technique seemed to work in A Clockwork Orange

He refs whistle will be a large determining factor.

Girard does not like contact. Both Posh and Anrdre play hands on defense.

If Boeheim is successful having the refs call Ticky- Tacky fouls then SU’s chances increase.

If the refs let the kids play as they did last night the StJohn’s wins.
Ah, how I’ve missed the ole Jimmy Boeheim scowl. You all remember the one where he looks like he sniffed rotten eggs mixed with bad cheese as he whines to the officials. It will be like old times at the Barclays Center tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back